So why did the yangol

Why are they? Why is their god burning forever? Did he burn on a stake for their sins? How come they don't speak very much? Why haven't the tauren tried to establish proper contacts with them? Why haven't the tauren established contact with the taunka?

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly as a tauren main I don't want to be friends with the Yaungol. They mean.

"Why are the yaungol" is probably the best analysis of them ever.

I feel that in much the same vein as the taunka they are an aborted early attempt at something like we finally got with high mountain.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    "Why are the yaungol" is probably the best analysis of them ever.

I feel that in much the same vein as the taunka they are an aborted early attempt at something like we finally got with high mountain.
    Which is funny since the yaungol and taunka are actually distinct from the regular tauren whereas Highmountain are both culturally and visually much more similar.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-11-24 at 01:59 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Well as far as Ordos goes, according to the Adventure Guide he was a shaman who sacrificed himself to the Fire Lords following some promises of theirs so that he would become a demigod (maybe for power, maybe for a longer life). However, his sacrifice sets him in perpetual flames so he's always in agony. The followers of him offer enchantments and prayers to him to ease the pain of his, and set themselves on fire to try and replicate his ascension. From his dialogue he seems to be anchored to the brazier, and now seeks a substitute to replace him - though for some reason he doesn't use his followers to replace him and it doesn't seem like he's told the other Yaungol how to ascend like he has through the Fire Lords, or perhaps the Fire Lords don't need them or are willing to give as much of their power to them. Perhaps presumably because they aren't as worthy shaman as Ordos was. Even when Ordos dies he seems to indicate that the flames will never end, so implying he's going to reincarnate through regeneration through the elemental planes like a proper demigod should. It is perhaps notable that the access to his brazier station as cut off by the bridge being destroyed, which probably indicates that maybe either the Fire Lords or other Yaungol destroyed it so that Ordos wouldn't somehow release himself by finding another to take his place -- either because other Yaungol of his time feared him and his power and what he would do with it and knew of his binding to the brazier, or perhaps the Fire Lords destroyed the bridge to maybe enjoy in his perpetual torment. Ordos is kind of a sad tale because ultimately he was deceived - but, it was his hubris and perhaps lust for power that got him there so that a essential god of fire would do this to a mortal for overstepping their bounds like this and give him a kind of monkey's paw wish is almost fitting.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-12-04 at 09:32 PM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Yaungol always felt like a part of MoP that was unfinished. Like the Mogu too but they were fleshed out in Chronicles.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Because most of MoP's lore was about as deep as the Chinese take out menu that inspired Metzen to use every Asian stereotype in the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    People always ask why are the yaungol but nobody asks...how are the yaungol.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why are they? Why is their god burning forever? Did he burn on a stake for their sins? How come they don't speak very much? Why haven't the tauren tried to establish proper contacts with them? Why haven't the tauren established contact with the taunka?
    There isn't an answer. Timeless Isle has virtually no meaningful lore. It's an example of "gameplay first" where the story wasn't really considered by the writers. It's obvious that the writers were more interested in developing mainland Pandaria and the faction conflict then doing anything with the Isle.

Yangol were lame, but a Taunka allied race would be cool.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why haven't the tauren established contact with the taunka?
    The taunka are members of the Horde. They even took the blood oath. There are tauren emissaries in the taunka villages. I really don't understand what more you're asking for with this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The taunka are members of the Horde. They even took the blood oath. There are tauren emissaries in the taunka villages. I really don't understand what more you're asking for with this question.
    Oh sht i messed up taunka with yangolll soorryryl