Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Bastion is legit one of the better zones they made. And you complain about it? Smh
    I also disliked bastion.. so did most of the guildies and friends.. such an awful place

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Haven’t even finished it yet but I think it looks pretty cool and I can’t wait to fly over it lol
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, Bastion is better than any zone in BFA save for maybe Drustvar. Maldraxxus is okay. Reminds me more of zones from Cata. Not a bad zone, just not the best ever. I haven't played much today and Im about to head to Ardenweald. I hope its good.
    Yes. I would agree that Bastion is still better than most zones of BFA

Like the angel thing going on,the main story isnt great,rarerly do mmo's do good stories....but...visualy its a top 3 best looking zone they ever made,the music and ambiance feels amazing,kinda reminds me of genshin impact somehow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I also disliked bastion.. so did most of the guildies and friends.. such an awful place
    you have to be trolling,this zone looks and feels amazing,but if you are not,lemme guess,you think good looking wow zones need to be dark dank and boney/bloody or something?

I loved the look and the story of Bastion.

Shame the plotline just sort of stops....

I know it's for the covenant campaign but some resolution at all in the leveling part would have been good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The zone does wear on my eyes, everything just looks horribly washed out.

I think being bored would've been better than how I felt questing through the zone, I actually wanted to start killing the Kyrians about halfway through the main questline. Initially I was a bit torn between Night Fae and Kyrians for my druid, how ugly the zone is combined with how much I abhor the entire philosophy of the Kyrians made the choice really easy. It helps that I was planning on playing boomkin/resto, so my Covenant choice will also be good for my gameplay.

I have yet to do any of the Night Fae or Ven'thyr stuff (I'm about to start Ardenweald), but I can't imagine any Covenant managing to be even more evil than the Kyrians.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-11-25 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I think Bastion is beautiful, but it actually is my least favorite zones of the 4 covenant zones so far. I enjoyed Maldraxxus far more than I thought I would- visually, and story-wise. Finishing the quests there really made me want to get back in there and do the covenant campaign.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I love the theme, but I do agree Bastion is boring. I find myself questing for 10-15 mins before I have to alt-tab and do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously I won't answer for the guy, but I leave you this quote of yours

IMHO...no..it is not a discussion. You dislike Bastion. others don't...what is there to discuss? It literally is "Opinions and subjectivity and all that..."

You won't go..."Hell...now that you explained it...I LOVE it" if anyone told you why they love it.

Your thread is a blogpost. Nothing bad about it. We all stop by and toss a bit of opinion here as well. Makes it even more of a "Opinions and subjectivity and all that..."

And yeah...lightens up the forum..so...well done I guess.
    Well, yes. It is a blogpost. I like to make posts that express my opinion. I'm sure most people do. I'm even fine with people disagreeing with my point of view. But to say 'it's subjective' is pretty pointless. I'm just looking to express myself and also read other peoples opinions because I care a great deal about the game. Kind of weird to be told my opinion is my opinion and other people have different ones. I never thought otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    I love WoW. I've been playing it since I was 12 back in early TBC.

Now that that's out of the way. Is anyone else finding it a real chore to play through Bastion? It looks alright, but it's also so samey. It has barely any variation in its looks. We've also done this sort of thing before. We've purified ourselves in Pandaria...we've fought similar constructs in Mac'aree (which Bastion reminds me of) I honestly expected more from Blizzard here. I really am struggling to care about doing all these Kryian trials. It's nothing new and I know in the end it won't be important. Bastion just lacks that something special that other zones have had.

Edit: In case you feel inclined to write something like, 'People like different stuff', don't bother, you're really wasting your time. Yes, of course everything is subjective. This is my subjective opinion. It's a discussion, not an attack on your very soul. It's great that you love Bastion. I don't.
    What? You didn't get a raging boner when you saw Uther? Or are you not a true WC fan

15+ Year Old Account
    The Kyrian dot for DK feels like trash to use too. It's gonna be a raid boss opener and then trash on everything else in the game relative to other options. The vial also felt lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Moridius View Post
    What? You didn't get a raging boner when you saw Uther? Or are you not a true WC fan
    Actually, that's the only time I thought the zone might get better. I was streaming at the time and shouted, 'LOOK IT'S UTHER!'

10+ Year Old Account
    my biggest complaint is how slow the dialogue is. there's gaps of several seconds where nothing is said and I'm seriously wondering if the dialogue is over only for an npc to finally say something else. and that's with my having specifically decided to take my time and try and appreciate the story which I haven't done probably since MoP.
    Last edited by terminaltrip421; 2020-11-25 at 08:12 AM.

Aesthetically I liked Bastion far more than Maldraxxus. I liked the storylines in both well enough, but Maldraxxus is just grimdark, not very creative.

Also, Kyrian names have a lot of funny/clever puns and references if you know Greek, and they obviously used Greek as a basis for a lot of things in Bastion. Polemarch, archon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I've only played Bastion so far. It felt like 70% RP, 20% travelling and 10% actually playing.

Never thought I'd long for the days of killing 10 of each type of bandit and collecting pristine bear arses for no fucking reason...
    Do the side quests problem solved lol

Why bother posting your opinion if you're not willing to hear the opposite side? That destroys whatever 'discussion' you were hoping to have. Stupid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Like the angel thing going on,the main story isnt great,rarerly do mmo's do good stories....but...visualy its a top 3 best looking zone they ever made,the music and ambiance feels amazing,kinda reminds me of genshin impact somehow

- - - Updated - - -

you have to be trolling,this zone looks and feels amazing,but if you are not,lemme guess,you think good looking wow zones need to be dark dank and boney/bloody or something?
    Don't get me wrong, Bastion is still better than most BFA zones, But i still found it to be a bit of a slog.

and since i'm playing Death knight, Ofc Maldraxxus is my favorite zone <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Bastion a lot. It was more of a relaxing playthrough, fulfills a different need. It was actually pretty refreshing.

Personally I didn't like Maldraxxus compared to Bastion, for me it felt like a new area and something about Maldraxxus didn't. I will say overall the story and the quests have not been very interesting. I find myself continuing to take a lot of breaks especially when it came to Maldraxxus an yet somehow I just hit the 3rd zoned and im 1/4 away from 58..

For me the most boring was Maldraxxus , felt drained by the second rune acquired , knowing there were 3 more ahead.
    Only thing i disliked of bastion was Pelagos , such an annoying voice omg