Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Runecloth wrappings is super strong in groups when some1 can keep boss engaged while you pop touch of the magi arcane power then go invis and fire a ab4 (better with pom) oneshotting nearly everything
    possible to do with mirror images aswell, althou it can bug out sometimes.

Ive found it best to just start the fight with arcane power->pom->invis->AB. Its usually enough to oneshot the boss anyway if youve been somewhat lucky and stacked up those phylactery buffs.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, I got 3x "increases the damage of your next fireball, frosbolt or arcane blast by 2000%"

Even though I was boosting my girlfriend through it, I still one shotted all bosses with 2 mil+ arcane blasts
    But when I get shitty anima powers, it get's a lot tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    Level 3 mobs are out healing my damage. And the last boss on Floor 6 just completely wrecks me. Any tips? Or do I just need to get more gear?
    157 frost mage and 162 demon hunter. Been pretty faceroll on both characters. Only potential issue is the final boss of floor 6 on the third segment on frost if I get really bad powers, or don't think before I attack. Haven't failed yet though. That being said, this weeks are slightly more difficult than last week's, but it's not that noticible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get the powers that increase your survivability, vers, leech, hp, etc, don't neglect them. For example, if I see the Phial abilities, I always get those, 2 points in one of them turns the Phial into a Lay on Hands over heal. I'm not surprised an Arcane would struggle however, I don't think they have many ways to heal themselves? They have tons of survivability and utility though. Arcane would have far much less margin of error compared to Ele or Aff, that's for sure. The way Arcane cleaves is weird too since it puts you in melee.

Keep practicing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its easy to kill the trash mobs in questing gear without any relevant anima powers. My suggestion is that one should never take a strong aoe ability against a weak single target, or survival ability.

Doing it as Frost has definitely not been as easy as I would have expected it to be. I think some key Anima Powers do help though.

Keep an eye out for:

Triune Ward This along with Resolute Medallion will make you incredibly tanky and give you enough time to tank the 6th Floor bosses.

Grisly Icicle trivialises most of the content if you take the Ice Ward talent. All you need to do is spam Ice Lance after your Nova. Make sure you have Splitting Ice too!

Hope this helps!

I've noticed the trash is easy and the boss is hard has hell it self, but with the right powers it can be a bit easier.
    Last week I did most wings as feral and with the right powers it was a challenge but doable, yesterday I tried as balance and most of the time I had to choose between an amount of Phantasma or something for the soulshape ability. I don't mind getting 1 or 2 for the soulshape ability but that ability hardly helps you at the boss.

And I also noticed that the debuff where some OP rogue attacks you when you are out of combat can really fuck up your run. Multiple times that little shit attacked me while I had an ability fired at a group of thrash or the end boss, which most of the time ended in a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by xlord View Post
    I've noticed the trash is easy and the boss is hard has hell it self, but with the right powers it can be a bit easier.
    Last week I did most wings as feral and with the right powers it was a challenge but doable, yesterday I tried as balance and most of the time I had to choose between an amount of Phantasma or something for the soulshape ability. I don't mind getting 1 or 2 for the soulshape ability but that ability hardly helps you at the boss.

And I also noticed that the debuff where some OP rogue attacks you when you are out of combat can really fuck up your run. Multiple times that little shit attacked me while I had an ability fired at a group of thrash or the end boss, which most of the time ended in a wipe.
    Get in combat w/ a mawrat or something and polymorph it, keep it polymorphed (can set it to focus so you keep track of when poly is about to break so you can poly it before it gets in range of your aoe) - you'll never leave combat and rogue wont spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, as a pally I've done 4 wings at level 3 now and the closest I ever got to failure was at 2 deaths during 1 run and both of them where because I ran off the stupid chains on level 3 in one of this weeks 2 areas... silly things just love to catch you on something and bounce you when you get unstuck...

First week I couldn't finish layer 2 solo on the left road (can't remember the name, soulsomething) with a 151 ilvl fury warrior. Boss was around 40% hp left and had 6-7 stacks and hits like a truck even with enraged regeneration. This week I pulverized mage boss with pretty much same equipment. Today i'll try layer 3 and see how it goes. Hope to get an easy boss for fury warrior (have no problem with trash or sub-bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Get in combat w/ a mawrat or something and polymorph it, keep it polymorphed (can set it to focus so you keep track of when poly is about to break so you can poly it before it gets in range of your aoe) - you'll never leave combat and rogue wont spawn.
    not a mage so going to use poly is going to be hard (only just noticed I replayed on a thread in the mage section :P) , but don't you miss the poly with the rest of the thrash?
    I mean as a druid I use my roots a lot which by this tactic would not be possible any more as it's on that mawrat to keep me in combat.

not a mage so going to use poly is going to be hard (only just noticed I replayed on a thread in the mage section :P) , but don't you miss the poly with the rest of the thrash?
    I mean as a druid I use my roots a lot which by this tactic would not be possible any more as it's on that mawrat to keep me in combat.
    I mean you get in combat w/ a maw rat then poly it and keep pulling.. it keeps you in combat should work w/ any long lasting CC.

It doesn't get cc'd near where you are aoeing and because you got in combat before ccing it - you remain in combat.

but don't you miss the poly with the rest of the thrash?
    You don't need it at all. I did the same, kept a mawrat sheep'd and went on, only killed it when I wanted to eat food then find another rawt and repeat.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last week's runs went smoothly, but the last boss in Mort kicked my ass this week though. Actually ran out of lives and had to redo it, got a new boss that was a total joke. The tuning in that place is really weird. I actually had worse powers on my 2nd attempt but the boss was just so much easier.

Having full 184 now.. It's not particularly hard. At least as Arcane. I didn't really have to care much about stuff. I think used Alter Time maybe once in the first tower. And this is with getting absolutely shafted by anima powers giving me nothing useful for trash nor the boss. Really only the boss was somewhat interesting, but even that could be kited with Abarr, slow and spellsteal. Have to see how different bosses feel, so far they've had much abuse potential as a Mage, cause you can slow them.

The blob boss was interesting though as I didn't know how it worked at the start, but when I realised not to blow my low(huehue) at the start, it too was a cake in the end as didn't get overwhelmed by the adds and could kite everything.

I dunno in the end though. It's like something is missing with Mage comparing to the other classes. Boomie just seemed to wreck things for me. Granted they are tuned higher than what Mage currently is afaik. I can see myself learning to play defensively again if this gets harder, so it's sort of welcome thing as I've been slacking lately in that apartment. Especially as Arcane I don't really use Alter Time all that much, granted I've never really needed it either. But again it isn't really negative to use. Still salty we've got this and not Displacement though.

As Fire, yeah haven't tried it yet as only got my conduit after clearing the floors this week. Have to see next week how it goes with m+ and raid gear. Hopefully not a total joke, as it would be a waste then. Am somewhat interested in twisting corridors though.

Yes, mage needs more tuning. The blob boss was tricky and mage can't keep his HP up for long, even kiting is troublesome cuz the blob is huge lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Play arcane
    Is it that much better than fire?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Done it on Demon Hunter Vengeance (tremendously easy, 140 ilvl), and Balance Druid (146 ilvl, double elites with 10 stacks getting immune were hard, but 'one-shotted' boss with convoke ability).

Powers have a huge impact and can make runs very different. Can't wait for higher levels.

Also, some bosses have mechanics that you need to respect, like a caster that a certain spell needs to be interrupt (or break los), etc etc.

It's not that hard
    This thread is in a mage forum. Vengeance demon hunters and balance druids are going to have quite a bit different of an experience from mages. (Mages no longer have any self healing unless you have a certain conduit)

I had no issues with torghast up until this past week, where I failed to kill the final boss on layer 3 of Mort'regar. It does entirely fall down to what anima powers you can get, or mainly IF you can get the 2000% invisibility damage anima power. Which honestly, it isn't fun for your entire run to be decided by one anima power. On top of this, I've noticed that in both my layer 3 runs this week mobs were a lot harder to kill. So much that I was beginning to need to wait 2 minutes at a time for my combustion cooldown to come back up. Unless kiting the mobs is possible, it is very difficult to do even normal sized pulls outside of your cooldown windows, which goes back to the severe lack of defensives that mages now have. That doesn't mean the runs aren't impossible, but I feel as though I'm needing to spend a lot more time on each run because of it.

I'm a fire mage for context, which is a spec that relies heavily on its burst period. Outside of combustion firemages do not do a lot of damage unless you can sit still and spam fireballs, which is not possible if you have more than a couple of mobs hitting you at a time.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2020-12-07 at 12:27 AM.

I do this very essily (level 3) on my two mages (yes I have two level 60 mages). I cleared it on my 150 ilvl mage:
    -remote sheep detonator very strong
    -I used boosted mirror images for last boss, mirror images launch arcane blasts and they hurt.
    -else just run with chrono shift talent. Arcane Barrage is gonna slow everything and its gonna be very easy to kite around

Here is a guide I found very interesting youtu.be/4cgvPEJxOZ0