Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hilarious.

• Capital made RH halt trades
    • Capital made RH sell stocks unwillingly
    • Capital faked a crash 2 days ago by understelling millions of stocks back and forth (and taking losses while doing so)
    • Capital fed fake news to the media about their shorts

Reddit gets investigated by the SEC.. (Secluded Egotistical Corrupts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Hilarious.

• Capital faked a crash 2 days ago by understelling millions of stocks back and forth (and taking losses while doing so)

now were talking.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    On eleven separate occasions between August 23, 1999 and February 4, 2000, Lebed engaged in a scheme on the Internet in which he purchased large blocks of thinly traded microcap stocks and, within hours of making such purchases, sent numerous false and/or misleading messages, or "spam," over the Internet touting the stocks he had just purchased. Lebed then sold all of these shares, usually within 24 hours, profiting from the increased price his messages had caused. During the course of the scheme, Lebed realized a total net profit of $272,826.1
    This happens quite a lot, here's what it looks like

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't care of the SEC punishes any of them, people willingly let themselves get conned, when they had all the available information at their fingertips.

If a person is too stupid to see this scam for what it was, then that's on them. It will be a valuable lesson.
    I don't think it is an absolute truth or anything but I do like the saying "you cannot con an honest man". Getting in on this sort of action is pretty greedy and that greed has and will continue to play people.

I also like the golden rule of stock trading to keep in mind at all times:"If you are buying someone else is selling, so what do they know that you do not?"
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I don't think it is an absolute truth or anything but I do like the saying "you cannot con an honest man". Getting in on this sort of action is pretty greedy and that greed has and will continue to play people.

I also like the golden rule of stock trading to keep in mind at all times:"If you are buying someone else is selling, so what do they know that you do not?"
    It was greedy, and I also don't have a huge issue with people being greedy, so long as it's not causing others to suffer. Many of these people are doing it to screw over hedge funds, as well as other small investors. Many think of themselves as a legion of cyber Robin Hoods, but the longer it goes on, the more of a pyramid scheme it becomes.

None of the hedge funds are innocent, I have zero sympathy for them. Fuck every single one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, it's also because people who don't understand anything about the market get involved after reading all the hype and nonsense.

They hear stories about how "investing" can give you big returns, how Wall Street types make millions in an hour with "smart investments" and such, and they just think it's the right thing to do.

I'm not sure greed is even the right word, they just think they're seeing an opportunity to make what they've been told by our society for decades is an honest buck.

Problem is, they're just clueless. They chase the trend after it has already peaked, buy in at $300, and then join in screaming "HODL! DiAmOnD hAnDs GuYs!! 2 DA MOON!" and end up broke after literally toying with forces they didn't understand.
    It doesnt help they were sold a narrative by pretty much the entire internet about how they were gaming wall streets and sticking it to the man. The people that told these narratives moved on and left folks holding stocks they boight at 300$

You can literally see folks in this very thread cheering on what was a pump and dump

Hilarious.

Man, so is /r/WSB like, the new hangout for Q folks or something? Because the way they've embraced their victim narrative and conspiracy theories is impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, so is /r/WSB like, the new hangout for Q folks or something? Because the way they've embraced their victim narrative and conspiracy theories is impressive.
    One is conspiracy and one is not tho.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Hilarious.

Do you have evidence for all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    One is conspiracy and one is not tho.
    I mean, if this is all cosplaying some mindless memer that's cool and all. But this shit is gonna lose a lot of people money who aren't up on the whole game and shit. I mean, if y'all amoral as fuck and don't care and shit fine. But like, I wouldn't want to be a party to that shit, personally.

But I guess this is the internet and ruining lives is all in the name of the memes and lulz and internet points and whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Some dude on /r/WSB who will be deleting his post in a few hours after getting dozens of rewards, tens of thousands of upvotes, and thousands of comments telling them how right they are. Probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of this is classic short attack which looks like it suceeded. You won't be able to get "proof" of it because of the behind closed doors nature of this stuff.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Most of this is classic short attack which looks like it suceeded. You won't be able to get "proof" of it because of the behind closed doors nature of this stuff.
    So that's a giant, neon-lit sign of, "No." then.

Again, how is this meaningfully different than Q nuttery?

Then, why did he make such claims.

That is the very definition of a conspiracy theory.

Is this your way of saying you don't think Qanon is a conspiracy?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if this is all cosplaying some mindless memer that's cool and all. But this shit is gonna lose a lot of people money who aren't up on the whole game and shit. I mean, if y'all amoral as fuck and don't care and shit fine. But like, I wouldn't want to be a party to that shit, personally.

But I guess this is the internet and ruining lives is all in the name of the memes and lulz and internet points and whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Some dude on /r/WSB who will be deleting his post in a few hours after getting dozens of rewards, tens of thousands of upvotes, and thousands of comments telling them how right they are. Probably.
    I actually liked Mark Cuban's take on things. He's all for the "power to the people" angle, but made it clear that the GME thing wasn't nearly the success that people thought it was, and that the conspiracies are bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's a giant, neon-lit sign of, "No." then.

Again, how is this meaningfully different than Q nuttery?
    One is real and one is not. Not fully convinced everything related to meme stocks was fabricated by hedge funds but the low volume downward trading combined with media FUD attacks were fairly blatant.
    Driving on Sunshine.

One is real and one is not. Not fully convinced everything related to meme stocks was fabricated by hedge funds but the low volume downward trading combined with media FUD attacks were fairly blatant.
    If one is real and not a conspiracy, then where's the evidence?

I think you don't know what it actually means.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...iracy%20theory

One is real and one is not.
    And neither has any truth, so let's flip a coin, eh?

Not fully convinced everything related to meme stocks was fabricated by hedge funds but the low volume downward trading combined with media FUD attacks were fairly blatant.
    Then link evidence. Until then it's just silly memes and conspiracies.

10+ Year Old Account
    And neither has any truth, so let's flip a coin, eh?

Then link evidence. Until then it's just silly memes and conspiracies.
    Article after article of "reddit going silver now" when there was actual nothing like that if any journalist actually went to WSB. The days after the high when average shares traded of GME were 45m was trading at a fraction of that amount.

There is a lot of "lazy" journalism when people stand to gain money from it. Look at Tesla, look at Theranos, on and on and on.

You guys are like in the woods looking at a pile of bear poop being like, " show me the evidence a bear was here"
    Driving on Sunshine.

Article after article of "reddit going silver now" when there was actual nothing like that if any journalist actually went to WSB. The days after the high when average shares traded of GME were 45m was trading at a fraction of that amount.

There is a lot of "lazy" journalism when people stand to gain money from it. Look at Tesla, look at Theranos, on and on and on.

You guys are like in the woods looking at a pile of bear poop being like, " show me the evidence a bear was here"
    Once again, that poster was pushing conspiracy theories... and when called out, you defended that conspiracy theory. Very specific claims were made, please provide evidence, or admit those claims are baseless conspiracy theories.

How much time do you need?

Article after article of "reddit going silver now" when there was actual nothing like that if any journalist actually went to WSB.
    I mean, they're not dunking with dank memes, but that's what the trading information was showing as well from what I could tell.

There is a lot of "lazy" journalism when people stand to gain money from it. Look at Tesla
    What about it? It's been long viewed as overvalued.

look at Theranos, on and on and on.
    What would the press have ferreted out that investors, government actors (Mattis) and others involved didn't? Isn't that more a regulatory than a press failure? Why is it the press's job to investigate companies like this when there are agencies specifically designed for it?

No, we're in the woods and there's a pile of brown matter and you're sitting here telling us it's poop from a California Grizzly that has been extinct for a century and are getting upset when we're asking you to show your work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either wall street/financial media/SEC are in it together and they're going to fuck retail investors over, or the short squeeze (to the moon) is inevitable and everyone is going to be millionaires. It can't be both - if the former is true, then the latter is never going to happen.