Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I'd rather see some adjustments to help out certain DPS classes when it comes to Torghast versus increasing the difficulty for tanks/healers, especially if this change is targeted for the non-endless mode Torghast. Even as a tank or healer, you can be very power-dependent compared to other tanks/healers depending upon your class. Already seen a couple prot pally posts in this thread, and that class likely has the easiest/fastest clear times as a tank compared to the others just due to how the spec is designed and operates.

Some of the problem comes from the anima powers being designed around the class, not necessarily the spec. You do get some spec-specific ones, but they can be so generic that they're either weak depending upon which spec you play, or just worthless. As an example, druids can spec into a reflect damage build with powers/barkskin, but unless you're a bear you're just going to die quickly. You can also go into a roots-centric build, but ironically enough it has zero interaction with Mass Entanglement talent where it'd actually shine, and it's completely worthless on bosses and sometimes elites. In the end, the most useful throughput anima powers for druids are almost always the generic powers that everyone can get.

Hunters have kind of a similar issue, where so much of your anima power pool is utility where the content is scaled to expect damage output anima powers being stacked. I had one run on my hunter where I got the Eyes of the Beast anima power as an option 6 times in a row, and it's still so bad even at that level. Aside from a handful of decent anima powers available, most are bland or don't serve much of a purpose.
    can confirm Prot paladins slay in there and our anima powers are insanely OP. Sometimes i could get to the point where i could have Wings for half a floor with insane increase damage on my finisher that now has 4 charges Divine Toll on Wings, when it expires, and when its off CD. Pull a whole room do 12k dps kill it all in seconds. Feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    In BfA solo player can get almost mythic raid lvl gear ( 470 ) from Horrific Visions: now we got NOTHING.
    Ah, yeah getting near highest possible gear for solo play, seems totallllly reasonable.

15+ Year Old Account
    True. People have been complaining that soloing obsolete content is now harder. Mainly soloing Legion raids should not be difficult or time consuming, but it's hard even with a good character. But even older raids now take longer to clear than before.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    True. People have been complaining that soloing obsolete content is now harder. Mainly soloing Legion raids should not be difficult or time consuming, but it's hard even with a good character. But even older raids now take longer to clear than before.
    Its mainly because we are quite a bit weaker than we were at the end of BFA with corruptions.

Replacing your ilvl 200+ gear with your artifact 135 pieces, your neck, and your cloak actually makes you MUCH stronger for soloing old content.
    Go dps a training dummy in BFA/Legion and then swap gear and you'll be blown away by how much ilvl those artifact powers amount for.

I think this is the first expac where this has been the case. Where even gear from the first raid is substantially weaker (in helm/chest/shoulders/neck) than gear from the final raid in the previous expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    This is but one example:
    [With regional restarts] Enemy health increased for healer specializations and enemy physical damage increased for tank specializations. These changes are targeted towards solo players and have a reduced effect while in a group

Why do they hate us so?
    Today I was killed two times on non-elite WQ as Paladin before rage-herthing away from it, like in old sweet BFA times, just because Blizzard love to overtune WQs so much. That's, what I call real hate against solo players. I just hoped, that they've learned BFA's lesson and SL wouldn't have such crap.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I agree with that except when it comes to travelling around the zones. Which is a fucking ball ache. I've resorted to spirit healer transportation around Revendreth on more than one occasion.
    Buy the map of infused ruby things; it lights up the bats you can pay infused rubies to, and they will fly you across the ravines and gaps and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Today I was killed two times on non-elite WQ as Paladin before rage-herthing away from it, like in old sweet BFA times, just because Blizzard love to overtune WQs so much. That's, what I call real hate against solo players. I just hoped, that they've learned BFA's lesson and SL wouldn't have such crap.
    lol what WQ is that? Havent encountered one thing thats really challenging on my Paladin. I run around mostly as holy.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is but one example:
    [With regional restarts] Enemy health increased for healer specializations and enemy physical damage increased for tank specializations. These changes are targeted towards solo players and have a reduced effect while in a group

Why do they hate us so?
    Because it was HILARIOUSLY EASY
    thats why.
    notice how solo dps is not increased there?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    If this holds beyond the first major patch, I agree it’s a big problem. Worst case I’d give them until the expansion tail. But yeah this can’t stay this way without upsetting all the unwritten rules of the “long game” player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did layer 6 both wings as a prot pala with 173 ilvl..... and it was easy, it's one of the reasons they are buffing it.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point to where i said that. I'll wait.

The premise of this thread and the person you quoted proves one thing: you don't pay attention.

If you would have stopped and looked up some information about it instead of creating a knee jerk reaction thread whining about it, maybe you wouldn't have needed to make the thread.

Did layer 6 as a healer and tank with crap gear super easy with bad powers. Close to failing as a geared rogue with bad powers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Ah, yeah getting near highest possible gear for solo play, seems totallllly reasonable.
    Solo gear should reflect the content you do but it should also mean that the content you do can be done solo. If the visions needed that level of gear as a reward then they were over tuned. The tuning was the problem, not what you received to progress to tougher vision sections. But reverse this issue, if it's dramativcally under tuned for solo people to complete, raiders will find no challenge in it and it becomes another chore required for raiding. The reward for the cloak enhancements can't be given to them because it's walk through content.

Besides, if it's not the highest gear what difference does it make? You aren't being rewarded more than someone else putting more effort in and your gear is only for you. It's not helping a raid team or group pvp. You just do more solo content with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    In BfA solo player can get almost mythic raid lvl gear ( 470 ) from Horrific Visions: now we got NOTHING.
    Good. Raiding should be the sole source of highest ilvl gear, not M+ fuckery, not anywhere else. "But M+ is HaRD!" M+ is not all inclusive for specs at the highest level. Therefore it is bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Because it was HILARIOUSLY EASY
    thats why.
    notice how solo dps is not increased there?
    Didn't they say they buffed the mobs of floors 2, 4, and 6 and all highers one as well? Regardless of spec?

Edit: I found it [With regional restarts] Enemy health and damage increased on floors 2, 4, and 5.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Periodically Blizzard will appeal to nostalgia because they get the idea it's going to work after it failed in Cata/WoD/BFA. It's something we have to live with as WoW players. It usually works out in my favorite as a raider, at least until Blizzard trips over themselves doing a 180 to fix the mass exodus of the casuals and I get a subpar raid tier, but if it makes you feel any better right now everyone is getting less loot / less interesting loot, has to deal with Snoreghast, etc. Even with all that though, I'm still enjoying SL way more than I did BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Doesn't impact you, or me as a Mythic raider, in the slightest. They're not competing for our raid spots, they won't have any logs, they won't get anywhere.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The dumbest part of the changes is that for healers it doesn't get more difficult, it just gets longer. At least the argument could be made that they want tanks to have to think more about how many mobs they pull at a time. But for healers they're literally just saying "You don't spend enough time in Choreghast so we gave all the mobs more life just to fuck with you".

It'll still be easily soloable I'm sure, but still, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make it more tedious than it already is.
    This ^^^^...... just more of the same Blizz attitude towards making solo playing more grinding and less appealing. They want that Vanilla "group hug" concept back.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is but one example:

Why do they hate us so?
    What?

If we're talking Torghast, then I think it is fine. Right now, with 170 item level as Holy Paladin, my Judgement one-shots non-elite targets. And for my 163 item level Protection Warrior is it a breeze to pull a third of Torghast before having to worry.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Torghast as a healer is ridiculously easy. It needed to be changed or everyone with a healer spec would just swap to that for Torghast.
    I'm a thread killer.

WoW dev here. I hate solo players!