Poll: Do you personally prefer Tyrande Whisperwind or Sylvanas Windrunner?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I pick Tyrande because she is a better written character compared to that flip flopper elf. She saved Azeroth two times instead of trying to erase it by conspiring with Death or trying to capture potential allies(Eyir comes to mind) for egotistical reasons. The third reason is that I find Sylvannas and her fanbase with all due respect lame. Oh look at me how cruel life or death is. I must erase everything to bring justice. Boring and lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wait, Tyrande was "very popular among the Alliance" ? When ? How ?
    She was kind of a grating, arrogant, condescending, cold-hearted bitch in Warcraft 3, killing her own people because "she knows better", and had basically no presence since then. When did she become popular ?
    I'm so done with the whole "Tyrande murdered her own people" narrative. The Wardens ignored a direct order from their leader (as they still fall under Tyrande's authority) and then attacked her. She was in every right to defend herself.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'm so done with the whole "Tyrande murdered her own people" narrative. The Wardens ignored a direct order from their leader (as they still fall under Tyrande's authority) and then attacked her. She was in every right to defend herself.
    a bit of a reaching here, but Tyrande also did the Stratholme to the Furbolgs
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anythin over tyrande imo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Weren't they corrupted anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Comparing a pack of wild beasts to a human city full of innocent human lives? Really?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande has always been incredibly boring as a character, she only got worse from Legion onward. Sylvanas is a prickly bitch but a staple of the Warcraft franchise at this point, it be strange to see the game move on without her.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Tyrande looks more beautiful. Sylvanas is dead. Tyrande also has bigger lats than Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tyrande is amazing! Especially after the Night Warrior.

They destroyed all of the quality in Sylvanas's character, and even if they manage to bring some of it back, dumping on her expansion after expansion doesn't really change how far she's fallen from being well written.

I'd go with Tyrande, since she has (amusingly) become more like Maiev, which is a massive change in character.

back in war 3 days: tyrande cause she was badass back then.
    nowadays: neither.

it's a shame cause they were making a good comeback with the story for a while but then it just all flatlined in 8.3 so now they basically gotto start from scratch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny...

Saurfang and Rhokan conspire with prime enemy (Anduin) and people say it's justified to rebel against Sylvanas.
    But when wardens rebel against Tyrande, they must be struck down.

Double standards, mkay?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wait, Tyrande was "very popular among the Alliance" ? When ? How ?
    She was kind of a grating, arrogant, condescending, cold-hearted bitch in Warcraft 3, killing her own people because "she knows better", and had basically no presence since then. When did she become popular ?
    She was exactly as arrogant as 10k year old beings should be towards toddlers like humans. Hordes have no problem with belves being arrogant pricks though, have they?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Tyrande has always been incredibly boring as a character, she only got worse from Legion onward. Sylvanas is a prickly bitch but a staple of the Warcraft franchise at this point, it be strange to see the game move on without her.
    So is Tyrande..., or is she not a staple of the Warcraft universe?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Funny...

Saurfang and Rhokan conspire with prime enemy (Anduin) and people say it's justified to rebel against Sylvanas.
    But when wardens rebel against Tyrande, they must be struck down.

Double standards, mkay?
    Sylvanas literally started a war and committed over a dozen war crimes. You're literally comparing apples and oranges.

At present Tyrande, they just handled Sylvanas too poorly.

Pre-WoW: Equal, both seemed interesting enough.
    WoW-until-WotLK: both bland in their own way.
    Cata-WOD: Sylvanas is clearly more interesting during this time.
    Legion: Sylvanas seems to be building to something awesome, Tyrande starts playing a role again.
    BfA: Tyrande becomes interesting, Sylvanas jumps off a cliff.

Don't get me wrong: edgy and evilly grey aren't interesting, dynamic characters are.
    Post-cata Sylvanas was seemingly looking for a purpose for herself and her people, and exploited the sithation in the world masterfully by hiding behind' Garrosh's warmongering to excuse her own. That went on until the start of BfA where she became ever more clearly unhinged, presumably due to her deal with the jailer finally coming into practical effect due to "the destruction of the machine of death", making her quite uninteresting for at least the moment being.

Tyrande on the other hand had some (not quite enough) interaction with Illidan, the emerald nightmare and Suramar, and the burning of Teldrassil and her ascension to night warrior pushed her firmly into the limelight.
    Though i cannot say she has been handled too well either at least she's got something interesting going on now; revenge for Teldrassil, her pursuit of Sylvanas, her subsequent beef with the jailer, the nature of her relation with Elune and many more.

So yeah, currently Tyrande.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas literally started a war and committed over a dozen war crimes. You're literally comparing apples and oranges.
    And here we go........ Double standards.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, living emo elf or (un)dead emo elf. Now that's a choice, oof.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Tyrande has yet to do anything against the Horde worth mentioning. He is not even attacking anyone who is not invading his territory.
    When he begins to kill babies in the middle of ogrimar there we talk.

PS: we can talk about how he screwed up his race more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    And here we go........ Double standards.
    Double standards apply when two things are comparable. Your comparison is invalid, hence no double standard. At best, you're simply ignoring the circumstances and context around the two events you try to compare.

@geco
    Tyrande, like every Alliance character for more than twenty years, will not be allowed "to do anything against the Horde worth mentioning."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Double standards apply when two things are comparable. Your comparison is invalid, hence no double standard. At best, you're simply ignoring the circumstances and context around the two events you try to compare.
    But things ARE comparable; Strike down rebels,that take up arms against a legit leader.

There is no other way to perceive it, UNLESS you use fanboi-glasses..