Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    time to play some other class, boys
    i spent my free 50lvl boost on a mage instead of a priest (planned on a priest, but mage animations on creation screen fucked with my mind)
    i kinda feel your pain
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I'm having good fun. Night Fae Frost Mage here with the great luck of having a fellow Frost Mage in the guild to do Focus Magic with.
    They're better geared than I am at the moment (really bad luck with raid drops so far, 2 nm drops from 3 normal clears and a few HC kills), but we both do consistently well by already being Shatter capped due to FM.
    And the AoE on trash or M+ when I break out my Cloak with Glacial Fragments is just crazy good and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Beside firestorm all are rehashed version on legiondaries or artifact traits
    Yeah, and even firestorm it's not worthy of a legendary. It's just rng for insta pyro and flamestrike. Like we didn't had that already..very wow..much unique.

Honestly abandoned mage 2nd week of shadowlands due to how much better pretty much any other class has it in nearly any aspect. Simple way of putting it is that Mage in current WoW has absolutely no niche and it's not particularly great at anything except bringing 5% int buff.

This carries over into raids, where anyone with choice and brain brings exactly 1 mage for the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Am somewhat satisfied with it. Aren't the bottom dps at least(when playing fire). Gotten used to 1 spec being decent and other 2 being trash by now, cause it has happened every expansion really. I do expect them to tune some classes down a bit and that would make Fire one of the best again. Frost however, dunno, it sims incredibly well with Mythic gear(comparing to 184 gear), but nobody is playing it, so don't know it's true power yet.

Arcane however, well.. It's never going to work, they likely won't let it's ST damage to be so high it would remedy the shortcomings of it's versatility in raiding.
    Did 3.6k on first altimor kill on normal, still ranking 86 percentile and #2356 arcane mage
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I miss the Ghostcrawler days when you could count on Frost to be OP every time.

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    I miss the Ghostcrawler days when you could count on Frost to be OP every time.
    You can everything bad about GC but classes/specs at SoO were so damn balanced, this must be said

Also talents were meaningful, i remember having to decide the right mage bomb for particular encounters like Galakras or Spoils, now flame patch is a no brainer as LB is just ubershit
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2020-12-29 at 06:16 PM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Yeah, Mage is great. Fun rotations, fun legendaries, and regardless of what the logs say, Fire atleast is still taken in the WF race, so I'm happy.
    I agree, Mages are some of the best no matter what!

I am super disappointed in the state of frost mage as I was planning on maining mine. I tried for a while, but eventually just gave up and went arcane instead, which feels slightly better as I'm no longer at the bottom of the meters by default, although the spec has some glaring issues. I've been enjoying it when things go well, but honestly, arcane can be very unforgiving and certain bosses feel horrible with this spec. I especially dislike Sludgefist with all the movement and the burst phases that never seem to align very well leading to staggered cds and it all just turns into a big chaotic mess. I have over 50 pulls on hc Sludgefist and I still haven't figured out how to time my cds properly. I haven't been able to find any videos of anyone else doing it either to help me figure it out.

However on bosses where there isn't a lot going on and my rotation can be done near perfectly with few interruptions, like on Artificer or Lady Inerva, it feels great. Fishing for clearcasting procs, aligning my empyreal ordnance, popping a potion along with ToTM+Arcane Power and just completely ANNIHILATING the meters for a few seconds is really, really satisfying. Arcane's AoE rotation is very satisfying as well and the damage can be quite insane.

Objectively, how far behind is frost really? I get that the best players have abandoned it for the time being, so that makes it look worse than it really is... But how big of a buff would it need for everyone to roll back and it be the new top spec? 5% 7% 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    Objectively, how far behind is frost really? I get that the best players have abandoned it for the time being, so that makes it look worse than it really is... But how big of a buff would it need for everyone to roll back and it be the new top spec? 5% 7% 10%?
    Hard to say really.. According to simulations. Zero. It's pretty puzzling to me that a fight like Huntsman, where there really is no movement and the inflated add damage is not counted in warcraftlogs, Frost is somehow still one of the worst, when you can 2 target cleave all day.

Is glacial spike really a dps loss over no talent? Asking for a friend
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is glacial spike really a dps loss over no talent? Asking for a friend
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...qwJjB5KVL3L17u

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Imagine losing 20% total dps due to picking the wrong talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova8 View Post
    Imagine losing 20% total dps due to picking the wrong talent.
    The sad part isn't that you lose alot of dps by picking the wrong one over the correct talent, that is par for the course in WoW since the beginning. The sad part is that picking the wrong one (previously the go to build) and using it costs you more than not picking a talent at all. That's just wrong and a total failure for a designer of any kind.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The sad part isn't that you lose alot of dps by picking the wrong one over the correct talent, that is par for the course in WoW since the beginning. The sad part is that picking the wrong one (previously the go to build) and using it costs you more than not picking a talent at all. That's just wrong and a total failure for a designer of any kind.
    The sad part is that whoever did this is still working at game instead of being relegated to usher, worst part is they didn't still realize/fix this.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Beside firestorm all are rehashed version on legiondaries or artifact traits
    Seriously? Item for legendaries is called MEMORY OF "X". Why it's memory? Because it's something that used to be in game. Not sure how in the hell people can't figure this out.

Fire is fine just needs some single target buff via fireball/scorch damage. Playing mage first season ever and problems I have at the moment is frost being under tuned. i think game play is fine. Never tried arcane so don't know about that. Few pointers from fire.

-How extremely easy it's to double tap fireblast -> sometimes ruining your combustion.
    -Pooling fireblast charges for combustion -> not being able to follow your hotstreak procs.
    -Stat use trinket from PvP being best in slot for many situations in PvE
    -Hard casting flamestrike when tank is running around to avoid m+ mechanic.
    -Shifting Power should be channeled on target. (You can target yourself if there's no one around)
    Last edited by Hopsu; 2021-01-05 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsu View Post
    Seriously? Item for legendaries is called MEMORY OF "X". Why it's memory? Because it's something that used to be in game. Not sure how in the hell people can't figure this out.

Fire is fine just needs some single target buff via fireball/scorch damage. Playing mage first season ever and problems I have at the moment is frost being under tuned. i think game play is fine. Never tried arcane so don't know about that. Few pointers from fire.

-How extremely easy it's to double tap fireblast -> sometimes ruining your combustion.
    -Pooling fireblast charges for combustion -> not being able to follow your hotstreak procs.
    -Stat use trinket from PvP being best in slot for many situations in PvE
    -Hard casting flamestrike when tank is running around to avoid m+ mechanic.
    -Shifting Power should be channeled on target. (You can target yourself if there's no one around)
    Fire does not need buff.

Frost needs damage buff and fixing talents.

Arcane needs mobility buff, maybe Slipstream baseline and glacial flux (or something like that from the mobility row of Frost) to replace it.
    Arcane could go with a little ST buff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Looking at the logs, it seems mages are a fair bit behind other classes. Do you think it's going to improve in the next tier?
    Mages are fine, it's a shame they only have one spec though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just need to make phoenix flames always crit again, that will fix the fire problem...

Frost just needs frostbolt damage buffed.

RIP the arcane dream. It's fine, just boring AF.