Wrath TW - Not worth it?

My memory may be fuzzy, but I swear TW loot was always above Heroic Dungeon loot. Wrath TW is currently dropping 158s. Why the fuck would anyone do FIVE of these dungeons for a RANDOM 200 item?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it's a bug; I swear I saw a WoWHead article about it but for the life of me, I can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by SynDethroc View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's a bug; I swear I saw a WoWHead article about it but for the life of me, I can't find it
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320220/...low-item-level

It looks like 158 is the intended level as it was a Blizz hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320220/...low-item-level

It looks like 158 is the intended level as it was a Blizz hotfix.
    Gross....was heroic loot in past xpacs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a guaranteed 200 so if any of your slots are less than that, it's worth doing.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Because it's a guaranteed 200 so if any of your slots are less than that, it's worth doing.
    5 dungeons for 1 random 200 piece? No fucking way is that worth it. What if you have a 200+ in a slot or two like from a World Boss and after all that you get an item for the same slot from the cache....

If the base loot was at least decent where you could potentially fill out other slots then it would be worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    ye .. not when its 200 itlv garbage that will be given out in covenants in 3 week (ye ye i know its 197 but 3 itlv is not worth it) - maybe if it was 213 it would be worth a shot

i bet they nerfed ulduar loot to 171 itlv too - anyone tried it yet ?

TW loot was never heroic. It has always been normal. Mythic dungeon week was heroic.

I'm glad TW is not worth doing. It is the worst content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    5 dungeons for 1 random 200 piece? No fucking way is that worth it. What if you have a 200+ in a slot or two like from a World Boss and after all that you get an item for the same slot from the cache....

If the base loot was at least decent where you could potentially fill out other slots then it would be worthwhile.
    That's RNG. My only WB loot happened to be in the only slot I got a BoE in, which was replaced shortly thereafter by the 213 from doing the weekly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    TW loot was never heroic. It has always been normal. Mythic dungeon week was heroic.
    He's referring to the blues you get from doing the dungeons, not the weekly holiday reward.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

So instead of bothering to fix scalings, lets just make it so no one wants to do TW.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Ive done 5+ dungeons without loot several times already.

5 dungeons for a definite piece is worth it, even if you only need 1 specific slot.

158 is NORMAL dungeon ilvl, which even brand-new characters outgrow basically in a day, if even. Heck you can just buy some cheap crafted blues on the AH and be at the threshold needed for heroic dungeon queues, which is 171 already. NO ONE will do these for gear, just for the weekly. If they were on par with heroic blues, we'd at least have a fun way to gear for mythics on fresh chars/alts - but nooooo, gotta make it a quest-driven chore that nobody wants to spend a second longer on than needed. Because that's healthy, and not at all conducive to exactly the kind of atmosphere people negatively associate with the dungeon finder system.

#Smort

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

You could do 5 M+ runs and not get any loot. I've run Castle Nathria and not gotten anything. The point here is that it's a guaranteed loot drop, just like the weekly vault. You don't have to do it but it's better than getting nothing like last week's pet battle quest.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Ulduar TW is 200 ilvl gear

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye .. not when its 200 itlv garbage that will be given out in covenants in 3 week (ye ye i know its 197 but 3 itlv is not worth it) - maybe if it was 213 it would be worth a shot

are you actually saying you don't want a 200ilvl bit of gear now because in 3 weeks you can get a 197 piece from a covenant quest? fuckin really?

yeah it should be 171 loot, dunno why it isn't but hopefully they change it for future TW events

There are people for whom it's worth it. It's ok if you don't want to do it but there is no need to undervalue for those who don't. Also there are people who actually like TW.

Gotta love all these hardcore guys pounding their chests going "Look at me I'm already in full mythic Nathria gear! I don't care about loot from an event, therefore it's useless to everyone!"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    There are people for whom it's worth it. It's ok if you don't want to do it but there is no need to undervalue for those who don't. Also there are people who actually like TW.
    I like TW. It's nice to do old dungeons I haven't seen for years instead of rerunning current content over and over.

Ran 5 in a row with guildies and got an upgrade /shrug

Probably wont be worth it next time round, apart from on alts, but that's fine. Don't have to participate in every weekly event.