Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the green zone north of the plaguelands?

It's in a gulch, and it's green like a greenscreen, flat, devoid of features. What is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It's in a gulch, and it's green like a greenscreen, flat, devoid of features. What is up with that?
    its called undeveloped terrain that wasn't supposed to be accessible to players, from a time before flying.

Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

It's northern plaguelands I believe.

I'm pretty sure they talked about it in one of the interviews about classic, before it came out.

It obviously just never got developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.
    Ha, I gotta hand it to you, that was pretty good.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda funny when you fly over it as it places you in a very specific place in your map description. Quel'thalas I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    A part of its supposed to be more of stratholme, Stratholme is supposed to have a harbour like stormwind.

Says here...
    Even though the city was originally described as a port town in Warcraft II, there is no harbor present in-game in World of Warcraft or in its original Warcraft III depiction. Chronicle added a bay right next to Stratholme, confirming the city had a connection to the sea, and Reforged revamped the The Culling mission to add a harbor. In the harbor, Arthas confronted Mal'Ganis who taunted him to come to Northrend. Later, corpses were loaded on the ships.
    Looks like Blizzard never added it for whatever reason, but known how unfinished Vanilla WoW was on launch I am guessing they didn't have enough time.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-08-04 at 09:45 PM.

Original Quel'thalas is up there too.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Northern_Lordaeron

wit on the internet? a unicorn to behold, to be certain

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the land that Lord Prestor (Deathwing in disguise) claimed Lordship of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish this were reddit because this post deserved gold lol
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

3+ Year Old Account
    If that land gets its debut I want some major lore tidbits like the Grain Caravan from WC3 and the villages it crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    A part of its supposed to be more of stratholme, Stratholme is supposed to have a harbour like stormwind.

Says here...

Looks like Blizzard never added it for whatever reason, but known how unfinished Vanilla WoW was on launch I am guessing they didn't have enough time.
    well in WC2 Stratholme was a port city
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land that will never be used.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    I wish this were reddit because this post deserved gold lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroch View Post
    Ha, I gotta hand it to you, that was pretty good.
    Happy to entertain

Very early maps of WoW has the Dragon Isles close to the shores of Northern Lordaeron. The actual zone could be human/elven themed, considering that its bordering to Quel'thalas and the ruins in-game also says that you enter Quel'thalas. Stratholme could also make up for a huge aprt of the zone, and its supposed to have a harbor as seen in WC2 and WC3: Reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Very early maps of WoW has the Dragon Isles close to the shores of Northern Lordaeron. The actual zone could be human/elven themed, considering that its bordering to Quel'thalas and the ruins in-game also says that you enter Quel'thalas. Stratholme could also make up for a huge aprt of the zone, and its supposed to have a harbor as seen in WC2 and WC3: Reforged.
    on the chronicles map the area is divided into two halves, one controlled by quelthalas and the other by lordaeron

3+ Year Old Account
    well yeah I'm more inclined that's the place where the villages the Grain Caravan crossed in WC3
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I hope when we get to visit the Dragon Isles that they’re up in the sky rather than on the sea

5+ Year Old Account
    It was supposed to be a part of Quel'thalas, which was cut off by launch (or rather delayed until BC, if you want to get technical). There are lots of those unused zones in Vanilla, Aszhara being perhaps the most remarkable example. Not that that's something bad, Aszhara is one of my favourite places in Classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    well yeah I'm more inclined that's the place where the villages the Grain Caravan crossed in WC3
    I was under the impression that the Grain Caravan had made all the way from Brill to Stratholme. In pre Cata Brill, you can still see some discarded wheat sacks lying down here and there, ditto for pre Cata WPL
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.