Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    I dont mint Thorgast, doin 8 floors twice a week is ok and I kinda "like it". But no fucking way I will be doing Twisting corridors with all the 144 floors hoping i get uper powers so it can be finished. Its just too much luck dependent.
    It isn't though. On 18 floors you are much less rng dependent, because you are more likely to get key anima powers. also get all torghast upgrades and you are swimming in powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Only a degenerate would do TC for fun or is blackmailed to say so.
    "Stop enjoying things I don't...waaaah"
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by dread05 View Post
    Just a gripe I have with TC, some clases have a much better experience than others. Prot paladin and demo lock clearing layer 8 in my guild meanwhile I failed layer 1 twice cause my pet was getting two shot at floor 17.
    Then go with friends...
    Or just any other random that has the same "issue".

If you play a hunter, the only enemy that can actually hurt you in there are range and casters.

The Marksman Floor-boss one shots HC geared Tanks
    The Fireball-Caster hits hard too

So it's actually something every class faces. The chance of facing these mobs on floor 16-17 (where the tuning gets out of hand) however is very small. Before you reach floor ~16 however, you just kill everything with every class.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-15 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    As Prot pala noped on tier 1 due rng said i can only have one 15%hp upgrade after 17 floors. Boss had roomwide aoe so gg.
    Prot pala here. Completed Layer 8 with 17k hp at the end (Anima power reducing HP every floor) doing 1M dps which basically killed the last boss under 10seconds. Paladin tanks should never be worried about HP, unless you get to choose HP vs mawrat mount/no cd lay on hands. We have more than enough of variety in what powers we can take and combine it with class toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    You mean like writing 3 Posts on a forum every day for the last 10 years?
    3 posts a day - ~5 minutes daily.
    Doing 144 floors in the span of 7 days which takes about ~10h(even longer)?

Nice analogy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    A good upgrade doesn’t get replaced every day. Therefore the timing matters.
    I’ve never been in a “daily replace” status in 16 years, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I’ve never been in a “daily replace” status in 16 years, sorry.
    Or a week or two weeks or a month. A good item should be good for at least the whole season. A very good one, like a raid trinket, could be good for the rest of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    3 posts a day - ~5 minutes daily.
    Doing 144 floors in the span of 7 days which takes about ~10h(even longer)?

Nice analogy there.
    5 Minutes per day? Stop lying to yourself But why in 7 days? You can go slowly and run a layer per week. Per month. Nobody forces you. You gain absolutly no power in there.
    But to be completly honest with you, it took me 8 and a half hours to get the mount. Just about one hour per day.

my only complaint is the rng of anima powers. specifically not getting enough hp powers to not get 2shot by the end boss.
    ive done layer 7 so far. my first try i had like 70k hp eventhough i chose every single hp boost i got. the boss hit for over half my hp per auto attack, and 80-100% special attacks. 2nd try i had over 200k hp and the boss was a breeze.
    so going for layer 8 today praying for decent rng.

ive had fun, but i think itll get boring pretty soon, eventhough devs try to spice things up with that dog event etc.

people compare it to mage tower and say mage tower was alot better. i dont agree, it was fun, but it was only 1 day content.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2021-01-15 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it all and in my opinion Blizzard should have just made in 4 layers.

The rewards are given every other layer and frankly this was all a big time waste. Difference between layer X and X+1 is very tiny, so it's just a time burner. They should have made layer 1 harder and then had 4 layers total with triple the difficulty scaling in-between, so it would be actual challenge and not just time burner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    You're calling optional content a chore. And it is true, 18 floors once you unlock layer 8.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I actually loved TC.

Like someone else said, 18 floors are enough to pretty much remove RNG from the run because you will swim in powers.

It's not something I'm going to do again though, because of course there are no more rewards which is completly fine. I want to play World of Warcraft anyway not World of Diablocraft

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    Completly optional content. No one forces you. Even the mount only gives you a minimal buff in the maw.

What people don't seem to see: You do NOT have to do this in one go. I did 3 layers last weekend because i was bored. I do a few more maybe next week when i have nothing else to do.
    Becuase guess what?: I actually have fun in Thorgast. It gets challenging int he upper floors. Youhave to actually use all your abilities, unless you get super lucky, and don't just play DPS against a target dummy.
    Is it sometimes a but frustrating if you don't get what you need? Sure. But that is a rouguelike gamemode. Don't like it don't play it. You don't loose anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Problem is gear won't change it. If you can't clear it now, it's not a matter of gear so unless they plan on nerfing it, you still won't and I would be fairly sure it's going the way of mage tower when next xpac comes.
    That makes it even less worth the time investment. You get a ground mount that has zero value outside the Maw (woot) and a title (woot). No cool transmogs, tabards, something with long term value like the Mage Tower weapons.

I mean, in about two more weeks I'll be Cordial with Venari from doing the weeklies alone and then I'll have zero reason to quest in the Maw or use the mount. I know Twisting Corridors is optional and all....but it's 144 floors of almost zero value.

5 Minutes per day? Stop lying to yourself
    How long does it take to write a simple comment? Considering that I was on vacation or just in job(where I wasn't able to use my own PC)?
    That's just a senseless assumption. Lmao

But why in 7 days? You can go slowly and run a layer per week.
    Because that's the example I was writing about. People who did whole Twisting Corridors in first week(or even earlier).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I did it all and in my opinion Blizzard should have just made in 4 layers.

The rewards are given every other layer and frankly this was all a big time waste. Difference between layer X and X+1 is very tiny, so it's just a time burner. They should have made layer 1 harder and then had 4 layers total with triple the difficulty scaling in-between, so it would be actual challenge and not just time burner.
    If I were Blizzard I would put recycled rewards that can drop from every boss floor (of course chance to drop higher on boss 24 than boss 1). Especially stuff from islands, it was bad content but had loooot of cosmetic rewards. People couldn't complain that they don't get anything from their run (including failed ones, you still kill 1/2 bosses), but it wouldn't be only source of this cosmetic item.

And of course each boss should drop lot of Anima, that's kinda obvious thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Completly optional content. No one forces you. Even the mount only gives you a minimal buff in the maw.

What people don't seem to see: You do NOT have to do this in one go. I did 3 layers last weekend because i was bored. I do a few more maybe next week when i have nothing else to do.
    Becuase guess what?: I actually have fun in Thorgast. It gets challenging int he upper floors. Youhave to actually use all your abilities, unless you get super lucky, and don't just play DPS against a target dummy.
    Is it sometimes a but frustrating if you don't get what you need? Sure. But that is a rouguelike gamemode. Don't like it don't play it. You don't loose anything really.
    Hell, you don't even have to do every layer on same class. I did layer 1 on my warrior main, but I plan to do rest of different classes. Gearing to item level needed for Torghast shouldn't be hard with many catch ups already working.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-01-15 at 10:44 AM.

I do it for fun... I enjoy joining a group for running layer 8 of TC, every run is diferent

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Same with gear, people asked for no warforge for 6+ years and praise Vanilla for "loot matters" strategy. Now they expect to gear up in two resets.
    People dont expect to get geared in two weeks. People expect to get drops for doing the content. My guild killed 4 bosses on mythic so far, we're 3 resets in, and we still have people who NEVER get any drop after killing the bosses.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2021-01-15 at 10:47 AM.

It's not posible to do TC in an hour. For that being posible you should do each floor in less than 3 minutes and that's imposible. Two hours with a group of 5 players? yes. But not one hour.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    You consider it a task yet then you grumble about not getting remunerated enough from the discretionary wing that doesn't concede soul debris. On top of that obviously it was hard for you subsequently the "at last arrived at where I can" so it was a test. Tasks are normally seen as unimportant things that occupy your time not difficulties you need to battle through.