Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lmao, look at this shit guys. Changed his tune pretty damn quick. Apparently it must be "later in the expac":

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    You dont want to put the effort in but you want the loots basically, im 201 ilvl on my toon, i farmed super hard, yes its time consuming but if you want to be at the front then work hard! not cry about blizzard not giving you the gear instantly. players like you are exactly why bfa was what it was, charity gearing and gear that even played your class for you (corruption) you want all the same rewards as the people who play hard with half the effort.

it thrills me to see noobs stuck at 180 ilvl, you can legit go to bgs and get 184 in a few hours, but they are too casual to put the effort in, so they are stuck low, its great i love the new system rewarding the players who work hard and are dedicated.

All the better players are going to be 212-215 easy by the end of this week, its going to be so easy to see who puts the effort into the game and who wants a free carry, probly still waiting for there guild to carry them through heroic raids, those guys i hate them.

You will just have to wait for your weekly handouts mate.

Edit: you need not worry though, blizzard will do what they always do and overpower gear later in the expac so the noobs can catch up under the illusion that they are now better players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

that gearlist that i wrote is free, without raiding.

How can you say all that free gear isnt wellfare? there is another post from a guy moaning he has nothing to do he logs in once a week he is 214.

then you have class balance, 50khp prot palas being top healer in arenas, thats balance is it?

- - - Updated - - -

i like this bro. you understand my way of thinking and the point i make.

- - - Updated - - -

your top players, not the actual real top players, the real top players do what they need, real top players are 226 full equipped due to arena gear.

i was 215 in the 3rd week and i gave up when i realised just how bad the community had become. at least in bfa you could see the good players early. gradually getting pushed out by the strength of corruption playing its part in muddying the water. not in shadowlands, it was so free legit everyone who put a bit of effort in had gear that people are currently geared with from wellfare only.
    any ''free'' gear is pretty bad actualy,and yeah,the game isnt balanced,i never claimed it was and would never want it to be

Why in the world do you care about what gear people have?

It literally makes no difference. If everyone in the game has full 230 ilvl does it really matter? If anything that's better from a elitism standpoint because if everyone is 230 ilvl but you're the only one clearing +25s or at 3300 in 3v3 then you're obviously the best. But if you're 230 ilvl and everyone else is like 210 ilvl your accomplishments are more based on gear than skill.

Everyone getting a lot of gear is very good from a competitive perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rognvald View Post
    I'm going to be honest, I made an account after about 10 years of creeping in these forums to give my input on this post specifically.

I used to have an extremely similar mindset to you. I wanted my achievements to feel significant, not just a slightly higher tier than others, or a couple more hours of gameplay to get a marginally better piece of gear. However, as I older and out of School (high school and beyond) and got into a relationship (now marriage) I honestly am not able to devote the same amount of time to WoW as I did previously. I can play maybe a couple hours a day max, and in that time I cant do many things, maybe a dungeon or two, three if im lucky, a couple BGs. If I tried to do a full non-LFG raid I'd probably have to drop out halfway or make large sacrifices to either my sleep before work, or to my time with my spouse.

All that said, I still want to be able to see the content, because I still love the game, and I love the lore. I don't want to just read it, I want to get to experience it. I don't want to be leagues behind everyone else just because I cant run dungeons for 8 hours a day anymore.

Looking back, I wasn't happy playing the game because I was leaps and bounds ahead of others, it was because I was able to see the content and at a higher difficulty than others, showing some degree of either skill or time that I had over them. But trying to restrict the ability of others to enjoy the game just because you want to feel superior in a way where they can't see all the content or gain any meaningful advancements via gear, or dungeons/raids is just a douche move full stop.
    Il tell you why i used to love this game, firstly, its not to brag about being better though i know that might be what it appears to someone who isnt as good, for me the reason i played was i get a huge kick and buzz out of the really challenging content, them intense fights where its insanely hard but my skill carried somehow that last rejuv was enough damn it was close, that buzz holy hell that was fun can we do it again, thats my playstyle. i remember going for world first siegecrafter solo heal kill, that was HARD but boy did i enjoy that, solo healing 20man varimithrias in legion to get a nice log, intense gave me a real buzz.

Or then there is the logic side of the fun, where i create a route or come up with an idea that the community hasnt seen yet and it becomes a new strategy, i lost count of the amount of things ive done over the years that people take, word spreads next thing you know everyone is doing it and i know truthfully i sat there, having not seen a video etc just using my own brain came up with that strategy and now .... its normal, everyones doing it im nothing special.

If i had a premade i could put my brain to use, but i never managed to form one, i managed to form a premade of 3 in legion and went to world 15 in m+ with a solid structure and consistency and utilising what we had the only thing we needed to add was a stun and a warlock slow ring (half the time)

The problem now is i dont have any platform to exersise the skills i enjoy using. none, the game is all about what class you play, i play resto druid, try getting into high m+ in pugs as a resto druid, "nEED sHAMAN" they are declining one of the most self critical and consistent players they will ever meet for..... a totem and frankly i cant handle the fact that players that most likely dont have half the knowledge i have for dungeons are getting in ahead of me due to nothing other than the class that they play, thats blizzards fault. i bring everything i can to a dungeon, ran spires finished with 130ccs thats not including war stomp, i use everything, i do everything i can but its not enough compared to that totem.

When i commit to the game i commit, no lifer, tryhard, call it what you will, 16 hours a day, im the kind of player that will run a dungeon repeatidly just to see if i can learn anything new, try new things, in mop when i was playing disc and pushing world rank logs i ran immerseus lfr 126 times, why? because the timers were the same and i wanted to burn that into my muscle memory. obsessed, a freak if you will. my skills, commitment and logic means absolutely zero this expac because i dont play the correct class and i dont know people who understand the game well enough to have them big brain conversations with, or if they do they turn out to be diluusional, players that talk about going world 50 but then ignore the interupt to a spell like shadowbolt volley which 1 shots the party having never played at that level.

Thats what you get with 2 hours a day, lack of knowledge, the game isnt hard especially pve, you just need to put the effort in and learn the game, but not anymore, all you need is the gear and the right class, thats the problem, rubbish players that dont know half of the spells that just interupt at will (wasting there interupt on weak spells) these 2 hour a day guys they are rubbish. but they are still turning up to keys.....destroying them..... and leaving people like me throwing my hands up in there asking why the hell do i even log in. the content is EASY for me. to get my kicks i need to go high, and frankly i havent met anyone capable of going as high as i can.

Recently i spoke to an old bnet buddy from bfa who asked why i wasnt playing m+ i told him this, he was running 16s/17s, he said go with him one last chance to get into it, i facerolled it as i always do only for the mage to bodypull the patrol.......why.....bother. i get everyone makes mistakes, but when you have had nothing but fails from people while playing perfect (nearly) all the time i dont care who you are eventually you will become resentful because you are having your time wasted.

You mention about only having the time to play 2 hours a day, what makes you think that its ok to play the same content as someone who plays 16 hours a day, why should your feelings be considered when the player who has played 16 hours a day should really, lets be honest be better? why is it when you raid as a dps, you resent your guildmate that is higher than you in dps, when he has 100 hours played since the raid release yet you have 6, why is it ok for you to be competing with him or worse be higher? the game should reward effort, if you can only commit 2 hours a day then heroic should be your level progressing slowly through mythic, not be expecting to play the same content as the guy who has done every daily and world quest going and farmed every bit of everything he can to be the best he can be,

Another thing that should be a condition of how good a player is is research, when i casually raided when i could be arsed i would always check the top ranking logs to get an idea of what works and when, you can see the timers of spells, you can see there gear, you can see everything. have a look, its not damn hard. if you understand the game, just have a look and learn from what you see, if i was below 98 percentile i was not happy with my performance. 98 is bare minimum where i should be ranking which i always did with a couple of kills.

I think this is why they made the level difficulties, normal, heroic, mythic, where did that system go? whats it for now? you get handouts weekly of mythic gear, why even bother raiding? il tell you why..... wow is now a social game and the only reason raids are still popular is for that reason. raiding is not fun nor challenging. unless your having a laugh with your virtual friends. thats not what i signed up for, thats not where i get my enjoyment.

What players like you dont realise (with all due respect) by turning up to the harder content with weaker gear, weaker covenent abilities, weaker knowledge you increase the workload on the people that did put the effort in and did enough to get the content finished and push the next level.

Example: a boss has a dps check of 4kdps, every dps in the raid does 4k but one person does 3.9k, you cant kill the boss, you waste everyones time. extreme example but you get my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Why in the world do you care about what gear people have?

It literally makes no difference. If everyone in the game has full 230 ilvl does it really matter? If anything that's better from a elitism standpoint because if everyone is 230 ilvl but you're the only one clearing +25s or at 3300 in 3v3 then you're obviously the best. But if you're 230 ilvl and everyone else is like 210 ilvl your accomplishments are more based on gear than skill.

Everyone getting a lot of gear is very good from a competitive perspective.
    class balance is off. badly

10+ Year Old Account
    yep, permanently, already took my credit card off file, there is legit ZERO reason to ever reinstate it. games not fun anymore. horde feels like im playing on alliance in bfa, everyone is so bad but so chill, its like its now unfashionable to actually be good at the game, all about the social night raids and chilling with your virtual friends.

Game is a joke.
    Ur a joke bro, i bet u don't raid mythic, or do M+15 and u complain about game being easy, U got no clue what ur talking about and probably started in BFA.
    GG u wont be missed, go ruin another game
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Lmao, look at this shit guys. Changed his tune pretty damn quick. Apparently it must be "later in the expac":
    nono, this still stands, the only thing is. it took blizzard 2 weeks to gear the noobs not later in the expac, this was before i knew how overpowered the arena gearing was. free for all.

also the issue with class balance. game is a complete and utter turdshow of casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Ur a joke bro, i bet u don't raid mythic, or do M+15 and u complain about game being easy, U got no clue what ur talking about and probably started in BFA.
    GG u wont be missed, go ruin another game
    i was doing m+15 the week before christmas actually, super easy it was boring, nobody was good enough for 16s, again super easy but people didnt have the dps / gear.

class balance is off. badly
    That has literally nothing to do with what you complained about. It's also not even true. Most classes are perfectly viable right now at all aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    That has literally nothing to do with what you complained about. It's also not even true. Most classes are perfectly viable right now at all aspects of the game.
    people dont want "viable" they want totem.

if you cant see that as a class balance issue then well, your dumb frankly.

People actually falling for this troll post lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Supmotto View Post
    yeah brush it off as a troll post, cant be true can it. your not boosted as a prot pala in arenas, its skill, you was glad back in tbc

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're getting declined for M+ as a resto druid I think we found the actual problem and it isn't gearing or the game.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If you're getting declined for M+ as a resto druid I think we found the actual problem and it isn't gearing or the game.
    the problem is the casuals got geared super quick through free gearing and then had the class boost on top of it. i worked hard to push hard and hopefully meet some good players to push top world, only to be declined due to wanting a shaman that played 2 hours a day and didnt even use his interupt spell, but he has totem, and thats all thats "viable" due to the dps buff.

i facerolled my way to m+15, super super easy, couldnt ever get in a 16 so i gave up, im better than being declined by casuals to easy keys. i should of been in 17/18 keys 3 weeks ago.

I shall never understand non-raiders getting gear is a problem?

You dont have to gear up new applicant

If you want to level a healer alt to help the guild it wont take forever

If you are good you’ll still win in pvp and have titles and mounts to show it.

Want people in Org to leer at your gear like back in Vanilla? I dont get it...

No one asked. Go back to good old wow, where you can literally kill raid bosses while naked. Totally not free loot.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    the problem is the casuals got geared super quick through free gearing and then had the class boost on top of it. i worked hard to push hard and hopefully meet some good players to push top world, only to be declined due to wanting a shaman that played 2 hours a day and didnt even use his interupt spell, but he has totem, and thats all thats "viable" due to the dps buff.

i facerolled my way to m+15, super super easy, couldnt ever get in a 16 so i gave up, im better than being declined by casuals to easy keys. i should of been in 17/18 keys 3 weeks ago.
    So you're complaining about people getting "free gear" but you're not even willing to put in the effort to find a group? lol. You don't want to PUG because you're "better than being declined by casuals." but you also don't put in the effort to find a dedicated group / guild / community / discord / literally ANY of those resources - Of course you're not going to "push top world." - You're putting in less effort than the people that you're saying are getting free gear lol, of course they're more geared than you because they're doing more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post

Yeah it's weird isn't it?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post

if your casual / playing a "viable" class you wont get it, not even close, any suggestion that it could be something real would directly be bringing down your estimation of your own skill level which is why you see so many people on this post instantly dismissing it, but if you look around with an open mind, you can see what ive said is true.

There are other posts currently on here high up the list talking about class balance, how is it not true if other people are posting/agreeing on said post? im not the best with words so im not getting as many agreements, that other guys post is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNameForSmurfingExTee View Post
    But have YOU got a 1.8k+ Rating? Have YOU cleared a +15?

Funny how this thread comes right below a "Gearing is too slow" Thread.
    yes i got 1800 in the first week and i was doing 15s before christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Supmotto View Post
    Yeah, seems it's mainstream now to hate the game/Blizzard on this forum.

*What has blizzard done to this game what I love*
    *Logging in once a week*
    *Chorghast*

It bothers me this is the only thing I'm reading here while I'm actually having fun with WoW.

Everybody is playing since the early days and have this mindset it was hard en so much fun with 1000 things to do.
    But if you look at classic and probably classic tbc, you just notice people became much better at gaming and there are plenty games to play compared to the early days.
    MMORPG has a difficulty range for everybody to play the game: beginner, casual, hardcore player and pro.

If it became so easy for you, did you even try to get the maximum out of it?
    Yes, I've read you did M+15 but not the M+16. Why not or tried mythic raiding?
    Struggling with finding good players? IO Raider is there for you.
    Struggling with finding decent guild to raid mythic? Could be your toxicity as you can't solo things in WoW.

But if you truly find this game super easy, I'm happy to cheer for you when I see you playing tournaments for fun and making money.
    If not, keep on trying or find a way to play with the only best to avoid filthy casuals like me

people dont want "viable" they want totem.

if you cant see that as a class balance issue then well, your dumb frankly.
    Oh yeah Shamans are really good, I can see why people would want totems, true.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Log in > get 1400 > 207s handed to you on a plate, if your half decent at pvp 213s handed to you on a plate, if your really good well lets not even go there.
    do m+ 14 > 226 handed to you on a plate in the weekly.
    farm dailies in maw full sockets no problem, go ahead help yourself
    end of m+15? 210, no problem.
    only log in once a week? no problem blizzard has you covered, just do the covenent and you can have a full set of 197 free of charge.
    world boss? 207, what about your lego? 20k here have a 235 no problem.

THIS IS IF YOU DO NOT RAID!

right now to play with all this gear ive been given for free, lets talk about the rotation.........

convoke.

GOOD GAME GUYS. GOOD GAME

12 year player permanently unsubscribing, my god bfa was bad with corruption playing 60% of a players character for them when you consider azerite trinkets etc but this really takes the biscuit.

You have got 50khp tanks as the top healer in pvp.

I get what blizzard are doing, they are accommadating the main player base (casuals) but my lord i dont think they realise what they are unleashing, you have a community FULL of casuals running around thinking they are something they arent. i started to speak to some boomies when i lost in arena to see there mindset about it, would it be like bfa where all players hate it? nono, these guys actually think they are skilled because they can set up omnibar to track counters to there 1 button and they press there 1 button when there is no counter. such skill!

You go to m+15 you got these players that dont know where there interupt button is, if they knew what defensives they could use they wouldnt know where they would be most useful, whats the point? the game is full to the absolute brim of pretend gamers that dont know there backside from there elbow when it comes to maximising there toon, you just try and talk to them about what they can do to improve, no response, they think because they are top dps they are godmode.

seriously screw this game! hows classic tbc? never tried it.
    Yes, the times of "raid or die" are over. Deal with it. Raiding sucks anyways.

Also, casuals usually don't do m+14/15, they don't get over 1.6k rating in arena, they don't grind out Venari rep for sockets and most of them don't even have enough money to buy a high item lvl legendary.

If you think said content is easily accessible for even the most casual player - no, it is not.

PS: After reading more of your posts I doubt that anything of what you are saying is actually true. E.g. you running +15 keys etc.
    Last edited by Beatman; 2021-01-16 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    nono, this still stands, the only thing is. it took blizzard 2 weeks to gear the noobs not later in the expac, this was before i knew how overpowered the arena gearing was. free for all.

also the issue with class balance. game is a complete and utter turdshow of casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

i was doing m+15 the week before christmas actually, super easy it was boring, nobody was good enough for 16s, again super easy but people didnt have the dps / gear.
    Show me ur armory.
    Also the way u talk means u legit haven't been in this game for long, this is the game s tate for last 10+ years now it just got improved over time.
    So you gone is legit a 0 loss, stay away please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post