Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd argue that tbc probably had the best implementation of new areas while keeping old areas relevant. Making you go back to tanaris and deadwind pass for caverns of time and karazhan. I've always liked stepping foots on a new world/continent and the cata implementation (SL is kinda similar: zones isolated from eachother) never felt good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    How would you have them implement anything like that? How do you add high end leveling zones without losing the lower end leveling zones without adding new areas?
    I don't mean that new continents/areas shouldn't be added. Like the poster above me said, Karazhan and Caverns of time were a great way of keeping the old world alive. New quest chains, raids, dungeons, pvp areas, storylines can be written in the old world and coexist. It's a bit strange that the story in Warcraft progresses without so many of the major WoW zones being involved. For example, why not put some troll events in stranglethorn vale? Or maybe now in the future, why not have a Feralas campaign where you help build a new capitol for the Night elves?

TBC is a poor product to release, but nostalgia will sway people to its cause.
    Classic is where they should stop, as its essentially an entirely different game.
    If you are excited about TBC "because it fixes the problems of Classic" then stick to Shadowlands.
    It does that much more successfully.

That's the problem with TBC.
    The way the game works is not different enough from modern WoW.
    You may like the content or style better, sure, but it will be the same formula you play in Shadowlands.

End game or die.
    Raid logging with nothing to do outside of weekly resets.

At least in Classic the world can be looked at as a major feature.
    In TBC, it will just be grinding elementals.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Classic is where they should stop, as its essentially an entirely different game.
    If you are excited about TBC "because it fixes the problems of Classic" then stick to Shadowlands.

You may like the content or style better, sure, but it will be the same formula you play in Shadowlands.

End game or die.

That's just your opinion. A lot of people want to play TBC for the experience it specifically offered. The new races the class fixes early Arenas and the like. It has things you cannot get in retail or in Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    That's just your opinion. A lot of people want to play TBC for the experience it specifically offered. The new races the class fixes early Arenas and the like. It has things you cannot get in retail or in Vanilla
    Although rather than counter his point you mention 3 things which you... can get in retail. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    TBC is pretty much just vanilla but with all its problems fixed.

-Druid/Priest/Shaman/Paladin DPS and tanks are now fully raid viable
    -No more honor grind having to AFK in battlegrounds 12 hours per day, Arena system is based on skill, not time spent
    -Raids are way harder and much more tightly-tuned than vanilla's raids
    -No more black lotus camping, it's just a random drop from any herb
    -No more world buff shenanigans because no more world buffs
    -No more having to farm a shitload of consumables, because now you just need flask+food+weapon oil/sharp stone, and that's it, 3 consumables
    -AoE damage cap so no more mass AoE instance boosting/farming from mages
    -Itemization on gear is actually good, so you don't end up disenchanting half the drops from early raids
    -25man and 10man raid sizes, much easier to manage and you won't be carrying (as much) dead weight
    -Badge system so that even if you don't get loot drops from the raid, you can still build up a currency to buy loot outside the raid

That's not to say TBC doesn't have its own issues, but in general, it is just a direct improvement upon vanilla.

Why is this a problem? Vanilla is not retail, vanilla is not designed to coerce you to log in every single day and complete your daily chores, like retail is. I enjoy vanilla BECAUSE it's a game where I can "raid log" and only spend a few hours playing it per week, without feeling like I'm missing out on things and falling behind.
    Indeed I totally agree. For me personally TBC is like Vanilla but perfected.

SO TBC is just nostalgia but Classic is not ? okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Not sure what that link is but those numbers are wildly inaccurate.
    Archive.org is the WaybackMachine which has the goal of backing up the internet in timestamps. An example: https://web.archive.org/web/20070306...-champion.com/ this is MMO-Champion on March 6th, 2007 the first day it opened (again).

It looks like the link given to you is for WowWebStats which looks to be an old dps ranking site
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Archive.org is the WaybackMachine which has the goal of backing up the internet in timestamps. An example: https://web.archive.org/web/20070306...-champion.com/ this is MMO-Champion on March 6th, 2007 the first day it opened (again).

It looks like the link given to you is for WowWebStats which looks to be an old dps ranking site
    I guess I should've clarified, I know what archive.org and waybackmachine are. I just don't know where this website was getting its info because it's so inaccurate. I mean, just look at the Kil'jaeden rankings. I don't know why anyone would use this as a way to prove their point.

I leveled a bear druid through to 60 and immediately sat him in Stonard and logged out just for the off chance of TBC being a thing and being able to transfer. There are some rose colored glasses for sure but I really can't wait to start that journey again. TBC was when I started so while classic leveling dungeons hold some revere for me the end game isn't too enticing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They might be abusing unholy frenzy in that case (MC the necros and cast it on melee). But that still seems pretty high regardless, I agree.

Considering how low the fucking bar is when it comes to being better than Classic, I sure as fuck hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Considering how low the fucking bar is when it comes to being better than Classic, I sure as fuck hope so.
    Sounds like you're confusing Classic with bottom of the barrel retail that has been garbage for years :/

End game or die.

tBC is still an entirely different game than retail and is closer to Classic than it was to Wrath and onwards. It's considered a fixed Vanilla without changing the core game mechanics as much as Wrath+ did.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Classic is a huge flop so of course it will be better. Who the hell enjoys playing your character once a week and then raid logging with world buffs all week? Or grinding all day long (or spending real life money) for gold just to sustain your one day a week experience? Classic is a trainwreck.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Purely by virtue of being TBC and not Classic makes it already better.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Nah...Karazhan attunements didn't block me..I was in there on something like 3 alts.

But the whole thing of running normal dungeons to get rep to unlock heroic dungeons was for me back then just too time consuming (even if I could find people with alts in the guild). Then there was indeed the part of not finding enough people (skilled at that) to alt-clear SSC or TK. On top of that my guild lost key people in BT, so we were already helping new players through the attunement process.

Which is fair enough...I would have tried raiding as a healer or tank on an alt, but Karazhan was all that I could get to with the time, people and dedication available. I still had a good time in TBC. I just hate that attunement part and I am glad that we never got it back in that "complex" shape and form

It did get (as I said) much better in WotLK. PuGs to Naxx and my guild finally did have alt raids for 10 man Ulduar, ToC and ICC. And you could basically enter those raids without getting attuned to them...as long as you had the gear.

But ofc these days are long gone and so is my guild....but that is another matter. Wishing everyone fun in re-living TBC.
    Very interesting journey. It's very sad to realize how archaic guilds have become.

Until Wrath guilds were very special communities..

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Sounds like you're confusing Classic with bottom of the barrel retail that has been garbage for years :/
    Lmfao right right. Tell me again how raids were allegedly hard as hell in vanilla yet were beaten within a few hours in Classic. I'm not confusing Classic with retail at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Classic is a huge flop so of course it will be better. Who the hell enjoys playing your character once a week and then raid logging with world buffs all week? Or grinding all day long (or spending real life money) for gold just to sustain your one day a week experience? Classic is a trainwreck.
    Maybe in your head classic was a flop but in reality it was a resounding success. Brought millions back for maybe a short time but millions none the less. Your opinion isn't one that fits with reality mate.

While I enjoyed classic, TBC fits my preferences way better. Go hard at release, play a shit ton (grind reps, attnements, gear) and then slowly transition in to "raidlog and enjoy one evening a week with the boys" and if i ever want to play more, there is arena or a very alt friendly expansion.