Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anything they should impose a class use limit.

If there's a single meta that people always float towards, and they're doing like 3 or 4 dungeons per tournament, then you'll only be able to use those classes in one of the dungeons.

Want extra challenge? Do them with classes/specs that are not meta.

Don't worry, RTWF has no chance of becoming an esport or anything official because of the sheer unhealthy behavior it requires.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yeah totally twitch is totally better, which is why people like ZIqo who have never been banned before and been streaming WoW for 10 years just banned without told why, it's why thousands of streamers have been DMCA banned, that's totally the platform you want your games mainly hosted on a site that has chicks getting naked on it and not banned, a site with employees that have been accused of sexual assault and not been fired, a site that lags when LoL hosts any kind of tourny. TOTALLY BETTER....than youtube.
    Twitch is a better streaming platform than Youtube from a spectator standpoint (UI, ability to toggle on/off some informations like stuff and talents). I don't care about your crusade against Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    18s with 229 ilvl is a joke right?
    Our group did +17 the other side with 210 ilvl. We were 4 min too slow but didn't wipe once.
    So apparently we're all world class players now that could play in this tournament? Sad I didn't pick up they were given premade chars, because with my low ilvl I didn't even think of participating
    Record in live your group doing a +18 Halls of Atonement in 15 minutes like one of the teams did or a +18 The other side in less than 30 minutes, on live and with only one shot, and come back acting tough. Go on, no one stops you from doing the time trials if you're convinced you're a world class player.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Want extra challenge? Do them with classes/specs that are not meta.
    It's a race. They won't handicap themselves for the sake of handicapping themselves. It's not some Naruto or DBZ stuff where the hero is restraining himself on purpose. Why would they kick themselves in the nuts voluntarily?
    Actually, one team did that on the previous MDI iteration, with a blood DK and a destruction warlock piloted by world class players. They barely qualified and they knew they had zero chance of winning.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-01-24 at 12:55 PM.

I see so many people complaining about the UI but that's as far as it goes, sure the screens are small but then again that's always going to be then case trying to get 2 viewpoints into the same stream but how else is the UI terrible? maybe it's coming from the blind people who constantly ask in chat what level the key is even though it clearly says 18 on the screen. Sometimes I think people just complain for the sake of complaining.

People also seem to forget the MDI is a race and not an e-peen contest to see who can do the highest key, that's what live is for. And complaining about the same few classes? pretty sure every single e-sport game in the history of e-sports has a meta most people use, how many guns do you see used in CS:GO? did you not watch OW when it was always the same comps? do you not watch WC3 or probably any other e-sport?

Again, complaining for the sake of complaining while adding absolutely fuck all constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I agree that MDI and RTWF are lame and can't really be considered an Esport. But the last statement about skill is just 100% idiotic. You will never reach even 50% of the skill levels of the top players in mdi or rtwf and they have just as much skill as pvp players
    Mr Fanboy do you know that about him or just defending your idols?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Well i never understood the fun in watching esports or soccer but there are always people that like it and are willing to pay to watch it and so it will be abused my marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    Well i never understood the fun in watching esports or soccer but there are always people that like it and are willing to pay to watch it and so it will be abused my marketing.
    Football is way more entertaining than american football or baseball
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Twitch is a better streaming platform than Youtube from a spectator standpoint (UI, ability to toggle on/off some informations like stuff and talents). I don't care about your crusade against Twitch.
    Youtube having the ability to rewind built in is pretty massive and it's insane that Twitch hasn't made that a priority.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I watch the MDI because I try to predict nerfs and changes in the live game, also some pulls are mildly entertaining.
    Being a casual players with not so much time to play, it's cool to learn some tricks they are using.

Personally, I find wow is a good game to play, but incredibly boring game to watch.

I agree with you that MDI interface can improve. It is the same for AWC (Arena World Championship) pvp tournament. The 3v3 arena UI is incredibly bad for viewers. There is no team color. When teams are using basically the same classes, you don't even know who is on which team. You only see 6 people's health bar mixed together. And you can't really tell anything etc.

RTWF is easily the worst game streaming possible. The nature of WF progression is wiping. Who wants to watch someone streaming wipes for days??? TBH, I would rather play a LFR than watch MDI, or play a random BG than watching AWC. I think it is the nature of MMORPG game. WoW has nothing exciting to watch.

Meanwhile, I find MOBA games great for watching. I stopped playing DOTA2 with friends for years now. But I still watch DOTA tournament sometimes. It is very entertaining and exciting to watch. DOTA is a very boring game to play, but great game for streaming, the opposite of WoW.

I just can't bring myself to watch it live. I do enjoy the VODs, and skipping through. However, there's nothing really new other than learning how to pull better in my own runs. Same races, same tricks, nearly the same classes--except its all done in an even SMALLER pool of dungeons. There needs to be more fun here, and less preparation.

I'd love to see a "roulette" or "slot machine" type of thing for their dungeons, and they can roll it live.

I want to see people on their feet, and thinking quickly--instead of seeing rehearsed groups doing the same things.

Blizzard should just accept that they will never be able to balance the specs and allow an option where each team selects a race and spec that the other team cannot have. This will allow an extra dimension into the match and also demonstrates if these high rated people can think on their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf4Prez View Post
    I just can't bring myself to watch it live. I do enjoy the VODs, and skipping through. However, there's nothing really new other than learning how to pull better in my own runs. Same races, same tricks, nearly the same classes--except its all done in an even SMALLER pool of dungeons. There needs to be more fun here, and less preparation.

I'd love to see a "roulette" or "slot machine" type of thing for their dungeons, and they can roll it live.

I want to see people on their feet, and thinking quickly--instead of seeing rehearsed groups doing the same things.
    I really don't get why people want more randomness and thus lower level of play in competitive tournaments.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Mr Fanboy do you know that about him or just defending your idols?
    fanboy defending my idols ? i litteraly don't know a single player in the mdi and never watched it. I don't know the names of any players in any of the world first race, other then a few of the guild names and i couldn't care less, but i do now that a shitton of skills is involved, and so do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I really don't get why people want more randomness and thus lower level of play in competitive tournaments.
    because what we have now is boring and horrible to watch

its also reason why wow is such boring game with people playing meta and refusing to accept anyone else in dungeons.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    MDI is incredibly toxic. If you wanted to destroy video games as an industry, MDI is how to turn everyone off.

Here's a hint: people play video games as an *escape* from all the real world BS they have to deal with. MDI injects all the real world stuff into video games. That makes it soooooooooooooo toxic it is unbelievable.
    This is very true. I'm considering stopping running m+ dungeons altogether because of how rude people are
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because what we have now is boring and horrible to watch

its also reason why wow is such boring game with people playing meta and refusing to accept anyone else in dungeons.
    No, it's not. That's just how competitive/multiplayer games are played.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I kind of like the commentary in MDI, especially Dratnos seems to always do well and has some really good bad jokes. I agree that the UI is pretty meh, but honestly it would be really hard to get everything on screen for 5 people in 2 different groups, so it feels like they came up with basically the best solution.

Overall I find it pretty fun to watch a few runs here and there, but I can't sit through an 8 hour stream of it the way I can with CSGO or DotA tournaments. But I also don't really consider MDI to be an esport. Yes they're competing against each other, but in reality they're competing against themselves. It's kind of like golf, their opponent really doesn't matter and it's all about how good they are. Since it isn't a PvP event it will never be as exciting as any actual PvP game is.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Personally, I find wow is a good game to play, but incredibly boring game to watch.
    That’s IMO the problem too, there’s so much going on that is important but not visually interesting (Or completely behind-the-scenes), in regular sports it’s fairly easy to discern what’s happening, but WoW just isn’t very visually appealing, when action picks up, it looks confusing rather than interesting.

Wow is just a boring game to watch imo like others said.
    Do you hear the voices too?