Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the classic community really has no idea what they want anymore lol

5+ Year Old Account
    For classic vanilla I wasnt a fan of the idea of dual-spec, but for TBC I think it would be an improvement actually. Just slap on a price tag to learn it and a cooldown so it cant be abused and we're good.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

10+ Year Old Account
    I played real BC and won't play new BC, but even I want people to have dual spec since they already made a change. I played a Human Holy Paladin and dailies as Holy on a PVP server where the Ally to Horde ratio was 1:9 was a terrible experience. You either group up or spend hours doing dailies. Netherwing dailies down in that cave were a nightmare.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    server transfers are already possible, but not faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Dual spec would be fine, but only at the trainer IMO. Also it should either be a small fee always (so it's basically respec, but it saves your settings) OR they should charge 1000g like in wrath.
    I'd be willing to have dual spec if they charged a flat fee upfront, you could only do it at a trainer, and there was still a smallish fee to swap afterwards. Basically turn Dual Spec into something that is only worth it if you're actively changing specs so frequently that you'll offset the large upfront cost and smaller fees with what would have been the normal cost of respeccing that many times for 50g.

Don't make it something that everybody gets just because (which is how it was after the gold cost was nerfed in Wrath down to like 100g...)

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Having played TBC recently if you are a healer it really sux balls to do anything. Can't farm anything with 1/3 dmg to healing ratio items. Dual spec (at the trainer) IS a good solution.
    In Classic there is a 0/3 dmg ratio on healers, so TBC is actually a pretty huge improvement.
    Additionally, it's not like you have to farm a lot in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm on the fence over the necessity of dual spec, since a lot of people play multiple characters. I just don't find it necessary.
    The problem with not having it is for people who tank or heal for their raids etc. Sure, they can level and gear another character but that's substantially more investment and work than if they were simply DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I'd be willing to have dual spec if they charged a flat fee upfront, you could only do it at a trainer, and there was still a smallish fee to swap afterwards. Basically turn Dual Spec into something that is only worth it if you're actively changing specs so frequently that you'll offset the large upfront cost and smaller fees with what would have been the normal cost of respeccing that many times for 50g.

Don't make it something that everybody gets just because (which is how it was after the gold cost was nerfed in Wrath down to like 100g...)
    Why do some of you want to make people jump through all kinds of weird hoops? Allowing dual spec and making it easy has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever. If you're about to type "your choices should MEEEANNN something" stop. You can RP however you want, your choice to do so shouldn't be forced on others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    it's not like you have to farm a lot in TBC.
    There's actually a lot of really excellent crafted stuff in TBC all the way from release through BT and you will need to farm mats for that. Also, if you like to PVP you don't want to do that as a port warrior probably (this isn't an issue for healers unless they want to DPS of course)

The people saying no to dual spec because it goes against the spirit of actual classic or whatever bullshit are absolutely unreal. As if classic isn't already massively different than it was the first time around. Can't find a group because everyone just boosts. Economy fucked because everyone mage farms/boosts and has tens of thousands of gold. Content a complete joke (including naxx for the most part). Fucking lol @ "keeping with the spirit of classic" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Hard pass if you need to visit the trainer. I mean seriously, why not just leave it as it is then? What is the difference from having it as it was originally in TBC and use an addon to save your extra spec?

Yes to dual spec 100%, make so you need to be in a rested zone to change if they still want it to have some restrictions. In terms of costs, if there needs to be then preferably an upfront cost around normal flying cost at most.
    Why is going to a trainer a hard pass? lmao. That's entirely my point, add it but make it inconveninent so you can't continually swap it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You seem salty, may i recommend yoga or reading a book.
    lol yeah, but I don't think a book can help him.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Why do some of you want to make people jump through all kinds of weird hoops? Allowing dual spec and making it easy has no effect on the gameplay whatsoever. If you're about to type "your choices should MEEEANNN something" stop. You can RP however you want, your choice to do so shouldn't be forced on others.
    Because the other option is that we don't get Dual Spec in TBC. The argument isn't between free dual spec and TBC no dual spec, it's between the baseline of no dual spec in TBC and what can we do to make dual spec feel like it belongs in Classic TBC.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, more than 70% player base demands it. Win-win, please Blizzard listen to your players!

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    the classic community really has no idea what they want anymore lol
    Oh, everyone knows. Its just regular internet.... "If you dont think like me you are an idiot" and "omg its not Exactly what i want so it sucks and is doomed".

Its like this every where on the internet about everything.

Just look at TLOU2. One of the most hated and loved game ever at the same time and its hilarious how people act.

And also slap a CD or something on drums and add the Sated/Exhausted debuffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Dual Spec was initially 250G to train in Wrath first of all. It was lowered to 10G in Cataclysm. Second, you had to be level 25+ to train it.

Third, you could only switch when out of combat. You still needed to see a Class trainer to reset your talent tree though.

I would be ok with Dual Spec in TBC but you would also likely have to add the Achievements system, which was introduced with WOTLK.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Nah, double spec isn't in the spirit of "commitment" that permeated WoW still in BC. Keep the casualisation to WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Dual Spec was initially 250G to train in Wrath first of all.
    1000, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Because the other option is that we don't get Dual Spec in TBC. The argument isn't between free dual spec and TBC no dual spec, it's between the baseline of no dual spec in TBC and what can we do to make dual spec feel like it belongs in Classic TBC.
    Who cares if it 'feels like it belongs?' And no, the other option is not just we don't get it. Another option is that we get it, it's free and you can do it anywhere. Yet another is it's free but you need to be in a capital city. Or at the trainer. Or that it has a low cost. Or...

Pretending like there are just two ways to do this is just disingenuous

Who cares if it 'feels like it belongs?'
    The entire reason people asked for Classic was because they prefered its design over retail, herp derp ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I would be ok with Dual Spec in TBC but you would also likely have to add the Achievements system, which was introduced with WOTLK.
    Why? The two aren't related AT ALL.

This is why they went no changes in classic - people keep pushing and pushing for other things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    The entire reason people asked for Classic was because they prefered its design over retail, herp derp ?
    This isn't Classic. It's TBC. And they've already made changes (seal of blood on alliance, 58 boost etc). So here derp yourself, kid.

This isn't Classic. It's TBC. And they've already made changes (seal of blood on alliance, 58 boost etc). So here derp yourself, kid.
    You completely avoided the point. Why do you bother asking questions when you just want to ignore the answers ?

RSC can make changes and keep the spirit of the game, why can't TBC Classic? TBC Classic+?