Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes and character boosts! oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Why is going to a trainer a hard pass? lmao. That's entirely my point, add it but make it inconveninent so you can't continually swap it.
    Then what is even the point of dual spec? Either it works anywhere or it's not there at all. The cost of respec is nothing. The whole point of dual spec is to be able to swap on the fly so you don't hinder your team mates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Yes please, more than 70% player base demands it. Win-win, please Blizzard listen to your players!
    Let's not take numbers out of our asses please.

Otherwise i can just go :

Please no, more than 90% of the player base thinks its unnecessary, even hurtful to the game. Horrible idea, please Blizzard listen to your players!

... see how it goes?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You seem salty, may i recommend yoga or reading a book.
    Your reading comprehension seems to have failed you, It's highly obvious he's being completely serious, Shame on you Frolkinator!

Why is going to a trainer a hard pass? lmao. That's entirely my point, add it but make it inconveninent so you can't continually swap it.
    Somebody answered to you already, but let me repeat: if you still have to go to the trainer, then what is the point of dual spec? To save a template for the other spec? There will be addons saving as many templates as you like, without adding "dual spec". So what's the point? Honest question btw

Sure, why not. They've already ruined TBC. I can't see how dual spec is any worse than level boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Who cares if it 'feels like it belongs?' And no, the other option is not just we don't get it. Another option is that we get it, it's free and you can do it anywhere. Yet another is it's free but you need to be in a capital city. Or at the trainer. Or that it has a low cost. Or...

Pretending like there are just two ways to do this is just disingenuous
    Because the community would rally behind either "No, this is too far from TBC" or "This feels like it could work in TBC"

There's not another option. Backlash would be way too high. And the reason why nobody cares about the seal change is because the seal mechanic was incredibly stupid in TBC. The alliance being punished for being paladins when they were literally the original paladin faction made zero sense and was just an oversight. Dual spec is a universal thing. It isn't like they gave dual spec only to Orcs and then realized that was bullshit and fixed it later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Somebody answered to you already, but let me repeat: if you still have to go to the trainer, then what is the point of dual spec? To save a template for the other spec? There will be addons saving as many templates as you like, without adding "dual spec". So what's the point? Honest question btw
    It would save you money and allow you to swap between PvP specs or if you want to tank a dungeon or a raid but you're normally DPS, you would swap specs at the city and then go to the dungeon or raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then what is even the point of dual spec? Either it works anywhere or it's not there at all. The cost of respec is nothing. The whole point of dual spec is to be able to swap on the fly so you don't hinder your team mates.
    The cost of respec isn't nothing. As somebody who hit rank 12 in Classic on warrior while raiding, I definitely understand the burden of respec costs. I was spending 200 gold per week for 4 months straight.

You could have hybrids swapping specs multiple times in a day if you wanted to, say, have a DPS spec for raids and world farming and a tanking spec for quicker dungeon invites. It's annoying having to sit in tank spec and just farm dungeons when you could be farming in your DPS spec until your friend logs in and wants to get a heroic dungeon done. Then, after you finish, you swap back to DPS spec. Maybe somebody else asks you to tank later. It's a big boon for allowing players more flexibility, and that cost will definitely add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Hard pass if you need to visit the trainer. I mean seriously, why not just leave it as it is then? What is the difference from having it as it was originally in TBC and use an addon to save your extra spec?

Yes to dual spec 100%, make so you need to be in a rested zone to change if they still want it to have some restrictions. In terms of costs, if there needs to be then preferably an upfront cost around normal flying cost at most.
    Isn't the problem the huge cost that comes with respeccing? Or was that removed in TBC.

TBC raiding is expensive, far more so than vanilla, add in respeccing to PvP in your raid downtime and you're going to be buying gold to maintain that "lifestyle"

Make it so you have to go to trainer to respec, and make it free, as for adding in talent points, manually adding them to respec is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    #nochanges is only kaput because of how much the community has complained about various parts of Classic, mainly spell batching. This is a slippery slope we brought on ourselves.

Fuck no changes. Spell batching was a horrible horrible addition and minor adjustments are the best route to go. Making the Seal available for Alliance is an absolute win. It does nothing but improve the experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Sure, why not. They've already ruined TBC. I can't see how dual spec is any worse than level boosts.
    "ruined". In what way? The seal going to Alliance? Oh no, now the Horde can't have an absolute advantage. See you when you inevitably play it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The point is yes, its a QoL change, but that didn't come until WotLK. If you just want QoL changes from other expansion then lets just add in the new LFG system and LFR too.

It still saves you gold in the long term is the point, but doesn't give you the full convenince of the system that WotLK actually implemented. Thing is, I don't really give a fuck about the time/convenience element of it. This still preserves that element of the expansion, it just gets rid of the effective tax on hybrid specs.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post

It would save you money and allow you to swap between PvP specs or if you want to tank a dungeon or a raid but you're normally DPS, you would swap specs at the city and then go to the dungeon or raid.
    So keep the original upfront cost for it (1k gold) and allow people to swap between the two templates at any given rest zone. If you want to modify either of the two templates, you need to go to a trainer and pay for it. So you have both the convenience and a reasonable cost attached to it. But having to go to a trainer every single time you want to swap between the two templates entirely defeats the point of having dual spec.

The point is yes, its a QoL change, but that didn't come until WotLK. If you just want QoL changes from other expansion then lets just add in the new LFG system and LFR too.

It still saves you gold in the long term is the point, but doesn't give you the full convenince of the system that WotLK actually implemented. Thing is, I don't really give a fuck about the time/convenience element of it. This still preserves that element of the expansion, it just gets rid of the effective tax on hybrid specs.
    That ship has sailed the second they decided to have paid boosts, which also didn't exist in TBC or even WotLK. You can't selectively have "this is in the spirit of the original" mate, sorry.

Why stop there add everything retail has as well.

Plz explain to me how a 58 boost will "break TBC". When TBC was released, I specially pexed a new hunter for it. (and I'm still playing my hunter on retail). Why me, who already experienced vanilla and TBC, will "break" YOUR experience with my free 58 ? (because I DONT want to exp 1-58 it's too long and boring). I just want to relive the un nerfed heroics and SSC. That's all.

Yes. When they release Wrath.

I highly expect them to give us Dual Spec based on what they've done so far which I think we can all agree on that is a great change.. So far so good #somechanges is looking great so far

- - - Updated - - -

People like you really need to #$%^ off, honestly you have no clue what you are talking about. I am pretty confident in saying you didn't even play TBC in 2007.

New flash; As of the past year in classic "Boosting" has been rampant and how the majority of people have leveled army of alts in preparation for TBC. 90% of 1-60 being completely afk with a WA script. So firstly some thing thats already in the game can't possibly ruin the game.

Blizzard is simply stream-lining 1 boost to 58 to generate more interest and more participation in TBC which only enhances the experience for the rest. There is literally zero negative impact from this. You can already afk to 60 as we speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Isn't the problem the huge cost that comes with respeccing? Or was that removed in TBC.

TBC raiding is expensive, far more so than vanilla, add in respeccing to PvP in your raid downtime and you're going to be buying gold to maintain that "lifestyle"

Make it so you have to go to trainer to respec, and make it free, as for adding in talent points, manually adding them to respec is fine.
    TBC raiding is far less expensive time wise, and time is money. But I agree dual spec should be available in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You are already giving Seal Of Blood to Alliance Paladins, which is a HUGE change that didn’t happen till Wotlk (Seal Of Martyr) and since Dual Spec is also a Wotlk feature, might as well add it to TBC Classic.
    #logicalchange
    there is nothing logical in this. Seal change is something that must happend else literaly anyone who cares about the numbers even slightly would go horde, as alliance seal of vengeance is completely trash compared to SoB. I agree that dual spec would be nice thing to have and I wish they gave that to us. But not because of the seal change, but because everyone knows that such gold dump is completely useless and affect only casuals or people who want to just log in and have fun instead of farming for hours to swap spec every day.

I guess iam in the minority of saying, I wouldnt like that. I found something cool about having a hand written sheet with my off spec talent tree, having to grab it out, go to the trainer, re spec, train my rotation again. It all felt, tangible and real, it added more depth for me I guess. Instead of just, "I has every spec and gear and move and special." Just me though.

Ive always said that WoW was the one game ive spent countless hours doing NOTHING or seemingly nothing and it still felt fun and amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    This, with an upfront investment of a few hundred gold.
    Make it at least 5000g for dual spec, alternatively free but 15g each time you change between your two specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    I guess iam in the minority of saying, I wouldnt like that. I found something cool about having a hand written sheet with my off spec talent tree, having to grab it out, go to the trainer, re spec, train my rotation again. It all felt, tangible and real, it added more depth for me I guess. Instead of just, "I has every spec and gear and move and special." Just me though.

Ive always said that WoW was the one game ive spent countless hours doing NOTHING or seemingly nothing and it still felt fun and amazing!
    I agree with you, the more "quality of life" changes we've gotten in WoW the less and less your character identity has mattered. You're not a Destro Lock anymore, just a Warlock ...and that's kinda sad.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

You guys will get dual spec, in 2 years' time, with WotlK classic. And it will be the expensive, change at trainer, way as it was released. As that's the whole point of those classic servers you all wanted so desperately.

I'm game with dual spec.