Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It amazes me that a fuck up like Meyer has been able to have such success in college.

I still doubt he'll be fired though cause firing him over this means Jacksonville is on the hook for a fuck ton of money. I don;t think they are ready to admit their fuck up yet with that cost attached.

If rumours are true though that he lost the vets in the lockerroom, then Jacksonville will be utterly terrible the rest of the year (as opposed to looking like they might have something there occasionally, like in the Bengals game.)

Supposedly he does have an ethics clause in his contract although I'm sure it's vague and not specific to "idiots that pass on flying back home with the team and gets recorded dry humping a 20 YO in a bar". TBH I feel that part is between he and his wife. It's the team related stuff that he needs to own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots are apprently working on a deal with Jamie Collins. Guess they are not as impressed with their own depth as I am, or maybe the injury to Bentley is worse than they have let on so far.

Patriots also have a COVID issue. Both Wynn and Onwenu, starting LT and LG are going on reserve/covid list. They can come off quick if vaccinated, or we just lost them for a minimum of 10 days if they weren't. Obviously assuming they are just contacts and haven;t gotten the virus themselves. If they did then all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    The fact the Chargers had to go silent count to open the game is embarrassing. This was a majority Raiders crowd. I understand the Raiders have history in LA and their fans travel well, but at some point the NFL has to see what a complete failure it’s been letting Spanos take the Chargers out of San Diego.
    I don't know why anyone thought this was a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    When an organization complains about how bad their stadium the fans believe them and stop going to such a crummy stadium. San Diego played that game for a long time and bitched about Qualcomm for years, fans grew apathetic about their whiney ownership. It happens a lot, right now Oakland fans are not going to baseball games at all between the Raiders previous complaints and now the Athletics.

San Diego did have loyal fans but suspect ownership dampened their enthusiasm and then abandoned them. They're a year late to LA and the Rams generated some early excitement that leaves the Chargers with some catching up to do.

The only thing going the Chargers' way are the horrible Rams unis, I know I'm never going to buy any Rams merch with their new shitty logo, meanwhile the Chargers' have their powder blues all the time.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    When an organization complains about how bad their stadium the fans believe them and stop going to such a crummy stadium. San Diego played that game for a long time and bitched about Qualcomm for years, fans grew apathetic about their whiney ownership. It happens a lot, right now Oakland fans are not going to baseball games at all between the Raiders previous complaints and now the Athletics.

San Diego did have loyal fans but suspect ownership dampened their enthusiasm and then abandoned them. They're a year late to LA and the Rams generated some early excitement that leaves the Chargers with some catching up to do.

The only thing going the Chargers' way are the horrible Rams unis, I know I'm never going to buy any Rams merch with their new shitty logo, meanwhile the Chargers' have their powder blues all the time.
    Chargers probably also have a legit Quarterback, which should carry them. Good QB >>>> Good Unis.

Rams have Stafford, but for how long?

Chargers probably also have a legit Quarterback, which should carry them. Good QB >>>> Good Unis.

He isn't fresh, but he has been looking really good.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, right now the QBs are a push, but I'm a believer when it comes to Herbert long term.
    /s

It happens a lot, right now Oakland fans are not going to baseball games at all between the Raiders previous complaints and now the Athletics.
    But to be fair...the Oakland Coliseum is pretty garbage. That whole "sewage backups" thing isn't a good look. Worst stadium in MLB plus-or-minus Tampa Bay?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylon Smith has been released, for all teams looking for a mediocre LB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    But to be fair...the Oakland Coliseum is pretty garbage. That whole "sewage backups" thing isn't a good look. Worst stadium in MLB plus-or-minus Tampa Bay?
    Oh its true that place is a literal shithole.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats, uhh interesting... Cowboys just gonna eat that contract huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Thats, uhh interesting... Cowboys just gonna eat that contract huh?
    Releasing a guy with a fully-guaranteed salary is such a Saints thing to do.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Releasing a guy with a fully-guaranteed salary is such a Saints thing to do.
    only for this year. If he had gotten injured though,. 2022's would have been guaranteed as well. So...better to release before he gets injured

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots are apprently working on a deal with Jamie Collins. Guess they are not as impressed with their own depth as I am, or maybe the injury to Bentley is worse than they have let on so far.

Patriots also have a COVID issue. Both Wynn and Onwenu, starting LT and LG are going on reserve/covid list. They can come off quick if vaccinated, or we just lost them for a minimum of 10 days if they weren't. Obviously assuming they are just contacts and haven;t gotten the virus themselves. If they did then all bets are off.
    Saw that coming. Nobody else probably wanted him, probably taking vet minimum to play out the string in NE.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

It's early Wednesday morning and I'm already putting all my hopes and dreams for the regular season into this SNF matchup at the Chiefs. If we win, I'm predicting we run the table except for maybe @TB. Look at this schedule:
    at Titans on MNF
    vs. Dolphins
    at Jaguars
    at Jets
    vs. Colts
    at Saints[ TNF on Thanksgiving
    vs. Patriots MNF
    @Bucs
    vs. Panthers possible Flex
    at Patriots
    vs. Falcons
    vs. Jets

Before the season, I was worried about the Titans/Colts (especially considering our playoff game against the Colts last year) but the whole AFC South seems to be a shitshow, and at Saints on Thanksgiving seemed like it would be a hard game but apparently BRees was carrying that team harder than I thought.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure would be unfortunate if a team had a…sudden…covid outbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's an almost unfairly easy schedule after the Chiefs. Panthers and Titans are your biggest challenges aside from at Tampa Bay. Everything else seems like it'd be embarrassing to lose.

Dallas is stuck with the AFC West, so that's not fun, especially at KC. Already beat the Chargers though, but the other three are also very losable. At New Orleans and home to the Cards also potential problems. But a good enough defense to pair with the explosive offense is good news. Digging Zeke's 5.3 average rush. Can see ten or eleven wins and an easy division winner. Or, you know, getting hopes up too soon and they crash and burn.

Chiefs can lose versus Buffalo, versus Dallas, versus Green Bay, at Tennessee, and probably a couple division games. Double digit wins could be rough, and might not be enough to get into the playoffs.

Watch, Gilmore signs with KC and plays vs Buffalo this week. That would be so typical.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Watch, Gilmore signs with KC and plays vs Buffalo this week. That would be so typical.
    Josh Gordon is already playing his first game back against us, which we notoriously do bad against. We're a methodical team that depends on film study, but Gordon is an unknown. I'm skurred.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Josh Gordon is already playing his first game back against us, which we notoriously do bad against. We're a methodical team that depends on film study, but Gordon is an unknown. I'm skurred.
    The Bills oline is my biggest concern this season
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .