Thread: Threads of fate

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Threads of fate

Im coming back to wow so i wanted to lvl up new alt for farm, so i just wanted to ask it still suck so hard lvling up through threads of fate? i really hate storyline in shadowlands dont ask me why its just personal felling. Maybe they buffed it somehow, because my first tought about this way of lvling was to hit 60 faster or at this same time but if i remember correctly it was rather an act of masochism

If you already have unlocked threads of fate, go dungeon spam = profit

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Im coming back to wow so i wanted to lvl up new alt for farm, so i just wanted to ask it still suck so hard lvling up through threads of fate? i really hate storyline in shadowlands dont ask me why its just personal felling. Maybe they buffed it somehow, because my first tought about this way of lvling was to hit 60 faster or at this same time but if i remember correctly it was rather an act of masochism
    If you're rolling an alt that can tank or heal, I suggest speccing one of those roles and spamming dungeons. Spamming dungeons as DPS takes way too long, but yes I agree the storyline is aids and should be avoided at all costs

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd agree the storyline way of levelling gets tedious... however Threads of Fate isn't that much slower I've found. If you're tank/healer just spam dungeons like the others have said, if you're dps, quest and queue for dungeons while questing. All in all 50-60 still goes pretty darn fast.

You'll have to do the campaign anyway if you want to unlock all the stuff at max level, my next Alt will be leveled the normal way.

But if all you do on your Alt is farm stuff then threads of fate is superior.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You'll have to do the campaign anyway if you want to unlock all the stuff at max level, my next Alt will be leveled the normal way.

i neved done threads but i heard that you dont need to complete it, you just choose your covenant after it

i neved done threads but i heard that you dont need to complete it, you just choose your covenant after it
    You can choose a covenant right away at 50!

- covenant choice at 50
    - you can choose which area to start and grind that areas reputation right away (covenant quests do not give reputation, but all other quests do)
    - combine dungeon spam and quests for fast leveling

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account

I have 6 60s and all but one were leveled through threads. I'm not sure what you're talking about by needing to do the campaign anyway?
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads of Fate is a good way to burn out on world quests way before you hit 60, I've found. Once my warlock is 60 I'll be doing the storyline for any future alts.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by xero5141 View Post
    I have 6 60s and all but one were leveled through threads. I'm not sure what you're talking about by needing to do the campaign anyway?
    You can't upgrade the covenant set to 197 and you can't buy the recolor cosmetic set without the campaign. You also can't unlock complete soulbind trees.

As I said if all you do is farm some stuff and maybe LfR/M0 it's just fine. Anything higher difficulty requires campaign IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told it's actually quicker to level by choosing the Story Campaign first, by actually completing the entire Bastion story, then switching to Threads of Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I've been told it's actually quicker to level by choosing the Story Campaign first, by actually completing the entire Bastion story, then switching to Threads of Fate.
    I've read about that and gave it a go, don't really agree with it being faster. You have so much mandatory waste of time in RP that i think it just slows it down immensely, and worse, it's extra boring just waiting for RP.

On the other hand, Threads of Fate just felt faster. You hit a couple of dungeons, efficient quest chains (ie the Phalanx v Larian on Bastion), specific WQs with good rewards (double dip xp, item upgrades, etc).

So yea, i pick threads of fate every single time.

If you level a character casually it's entirely enough to just do a couple of WQs each day and some of the yellow quests and you will be max level before you know it. You also get 4 renown extra to start off which is nice given the dumb randomness of the renown catch-up. It's definitely my favorite way to level right now. I wouldn't spam dungeons though, that is bad enough for the renown at max level, no way I want to do that while leveling on top of that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im coming back to wow so i wanted to lvl up new alt for farm, so i just wanted to ask it still suck so hard lvling up through threads of fate?
    Also OP :
    i neved done threads
    Sigh.

I did threads on my first (and so far only) alt and it was fine. MAYBE a little slower but I preferred it because I wasn't stuck on the rails of the story. I could quest, get bored of that zone, go to another, queue for a dungeon, etc. The covenant stuff is fast to do at 60 if you ignore it leveling.

However, remember that you cannot choose Threads and then go back to story mode. You CAN, though, start in story mode and then move to threads if you want.

Few things on Threads of fate:
    - Even though you choose a zone to quest in, you can anytime go to another zone, the progress for that zone will start automatically
    - the quickest way to level (in terms of in-game time) is looking for easy and quick world quests, especially those rewarding extra XP. Just log in once a day and check if there is a zone where it is worth flying to. Imho Maldraxus has some of the best quests concentrated in the middle region (pet battles, the arena, that flight training, the blob collecting, that skull playing, defending that guy in the cave and the artillery), so I have the three chars I level at the same time parked at the Theater of Pain.
    - and as always if you want to level several alts the "broad" way is the way to go: Just do those easy world quests with several chars instead of trying to power level a single one, and just relax if there are several days where it's not really worth doing the quests.

You will have to do all four zones eventually (those 4 renown levels are calculated into your max), but you can also complete it @60 with world quests.

My current preferred way of leveling: choosing story, but doing all side-quests, that allows me to completely skip Revendreth, that is my least favorite location, and then switching to Threads at last moment. I hate Threads themselves, because: 1) I like questing 2) I hate WQs 3) I need to do side-quests anyway 4) Extra objectives are overtuned. This is the best compromise for me. Leveling would be better with: 1) Flying, that would make it faster - currently it's slow and boring 2) 20% exp buff, that would remove level gates, when doing story quests only.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

You can't upgrade the covenant set to 197 and you can't buy the recolor cosmetic set without the campaign. You also can't unlock complete soulbind trees.

As I said if all you do is farm some stuff and maybe LfR/M0 it's just fine. Anything higher difficulty requires campaign IMO.
    I thought you already have the campaign finished/achievement, you can't even do the campaign if you do threads of fate. I think you mean you still need renown?
    Every thread is like entering an LFR with 5 stacks of determination. -Compstance

Quote Originally Posted by HitPoint View Post
    I thought you already have the campaign finished/achievement, you can't even do the campaign if you do threads of fate. I think you mean you still need renown?
    Yeah im really confused by their comments - i have NEVER done the story during threads.

Quote Originally Posted by HitPoint View Post
    Nope. Campaign is not locked on alts if main has achievement. Campaign is character-based and you do need it to unlock all the stuff your main unlocked. As mentioned, soulbinds, upgraded gearset etc. But it's correct that you cannot START the campaign, until you reach level 60 and by then is technically "done" with Threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Nope. Campaign is not locked on alts if main has achievement. Campaign is character-based and you do need it to unlock all the stuff your main unlocked. As mentioned, soulbinds, upgraded gearset etc. But it's correct that you cannot START the campaign, until you reach level 60 and by then is technically "done" with Threads.
    See, the confusion here is that most people above are talking about the story campaign in the leveling zones. You're talking about the actual covenant campaign, which yes, you have to do normally once you hit 60.