Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Not my point. I think we'll still defeat him, but not with the forces of Death alone. I think Life and Death must team up to slam Zovaal, with the Arbiter being the final blow.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, think of it like Deathwing, but instead of Thrall, or anything else, it's us. We're Thrall, and the Eternal Ones + The Pantheon of Life are like the Aspects there.
    If it's like Dragon Soul, does that mean we will turn Oribos into a laser cannon and blast the Jailer with it?

Oribos is a bit splitter filter

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    If it's like Dragon Soul, does that mean we will turn Oribos into a laser cannon and blast the Jailer with it?
    Nah. More like we blast Anima and Life magics into the Arbiter.

What if Oribos actually looked like this before the Jailer got his ass kicked by the rest of the Eternal Ones. Instead of souls flowing from the mortal plane into the Maw, what if souls used to flow the other way from the Shadowlands to feed the mortal plane?
    Given that it appears to have run in the current configuration for ages and there's not been any shortage of souls, i question why one would bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    But... it doesn't.

Oribos is one uniform giant floating tube.

I don't see where you get the "broken underneath" part from.
    The bottom part looks exactly the same as the top part.
    Well we know the maw was lowered to where it is through whatever process they did to lock the jailer away so it used to be a realm of the shadowlands, it would make sense that it was a part of where oribos is.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    This.
    No idea why people assume otherwise. Oribos is just ONE of the First Ones' cities. They could have more all across each and every Cosmic Plane.
    Probably because most the concept art for oribos shows it as broken

That said, the idea of it being broken clearly didn't make it into the game. But it can leave a lasting impression.

It is still pretty weird that Oribos' design even incorporates the ability to channel souls straight down into the maw though. If they're all meant go out the sides, and Revendreath is what punts people into the Maw....why is the core of SL built around a downward tube?

Its also interesting that both oribos and torghast are towers.
    Last edited by Myradin; 2021-03-05 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well we know the maw was lowered to where it is through whatever process they did to lock the jailer away so it used to be a realm of the shadowlands, it would make sense that it was a part of where oribos is.
    We do? I don't remember hearing anything about that, and it wouldn't exactly matter much with how the Shadowlands are set up anyway. It's also still a realm of the Shadowlands. The Shadowlands are a plane of existence, not of geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokal View Post
    So I was playing the campaign again and I was watching the cinematic from Maldraxxus...

Margrave Krexus reads the letter from Margrave Akarek:

"I offer the key to saving Maldraxxus, an unyielding warrior with the skills of a master spy, a key to many things"
    I haven't seen anyone pointing that out so.... is Draka they key from Maldraxxus that the Jailer is looking for?
    Since the keys seem to not be truely physical in nature and more a kind of energy that is preserved in someone's body... yes, I am pretty sure this is what is happening. The Primus must have transfered his key to the Margrave of the House of Eyes before the Jailer captured him, who then gave it to Draka (without her knowledge) before he himself was killed.

I suppose it could be inside the statue that we are gearing up in the Campaign, but that feels too obvious for a Master Strategist, who explicitly lists guile as one of his great virtues. I mean it's a statue of himself... within a gigantic statue of himself. It could hardly be more obvious if the statue would hold a sign "The Key is here!".

- - - Updated - - -

No no. in 9.3. we will find out that the First Ones left plans behind for a Catalyst that when attached to Oribos will allow us to destroy the Jailer.

Yet when we arrive at the Catalyst we will be confronted by a starchild that will explain how it made the Jailer to safe organic life from destruction by remaking the universe every 50000 years. Then we are give the choice to either control the Jailer which will result in our death, destroy the Jailer, which will also result in our death and Synthesis with the Jailer in which everyone becomes part-Jailer (with glowing chain tatoos on our skin), but the energy required for that process will also kill our character.

5+ Year Old Account
    It won't be her because she wasn't around when the maw was created. When the keys were made the maw was part of Oribos, isn't a coincidence that oribos is just a broken off tower it was definitely broken off from what the maw was which was probably all part of oribos before it sunk down, it only makes sense.
    I don't think Blizz cares about stuff like this. I mean the Lich King wasn't a thing till after the second war yet apparently a lack of one causes a rift to the Shadowlands opens up in the sky. The timeline being weird is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The "key to many things" line wasn't even from the Primus though to begin with. And Draka hasn't mentioned meeting the Primus at all as far as I know.

It's more than likely referring to the fact that a master spy can accomplish a hell of a lot due to versatility and ability to infiltrate enemy forces, pick locks(literally), etc.

At this point the only real mystery I'd say is where Revendreth's key is.

Assuming the keys are what binds the Jailer in the Maw, the Forest's Heart has to be Ardenweald's since it's what was used to assist in locking the Jailer in the Maw, hence the drought.

Maldraxxus is more than likely the Sword of the Primus. Leaving Revendreth as the oddity of the Jailer doesn't have it already, although I do think the most likely answer is as some people have suggested before, that it's the amulets that Sire passed out among the highest ranking Venthyr.
    1st. No one has said the letter is from the Primus, it is from Akarek
    2nd. I said the key could have been moved like it has from Archon to Anduin's mournebalde to Jailer, don't know what are u talking about Draka meeting Primus

1st. No one has said the letter is from the Primus, it is from Akarek
    2nd. I said the key could have been moved like it has from Archon to Anduin's mournebalde to Jailer, don't know what are u talking about Draka meeting Primus
    Except the Primus giving the key to one single person is still in stark contrast to how he's presented as a character. He's suppose to be smart and tactical, he would take far more preventive measures to ensure that the key isn't easy to obtain.

Like, by giving a part of it to each House and require them to be infused back into the Sword of the Primus, so it can't easily be handed over by one betrayal.

And the point that the letter isn't from the Primus is kinda the whole point. It doesn't matter that the Primus called several things a "key", it wasn't him calling her a key at that point. It was someone completely different who did.

Lastly, the whole point of Kingsmourne was to drain the key from the Archon. That doesn't inherently mean the key can be passed around easily, the sword was crafted specifically for the purpose of that, and to subjugate Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Probably because most the concept art for oribos shows it as broken

That said, the idea of it being broken clearly didn't make it into the game. But it can leave a lasting impression.

It is still pretty weird that Oribos' design even incorporates the ability to channel souls straight down into the maw though. If they're all meant go out the sides, and Revendreath is what punts people into the Maw....why is the core of SL built around a downward tube?

Its also interesting that both oribos and torghast are towers.
    Makes me wonder if Oribos and Torghast used to be part of the same structure.

Makes me wonder if Oribos and Torghast used to be part of the same structure.
    Beyond the very different architextual style, I'm tempted to say so.

At the very least, Oribos seems to have had a purpose that was different than The Purpose at some time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Draka has been in two houses hasnt she? Eyes and Chosen.

Anyway, my point is "the key to many things" what could it mean for those of you that say Draka can't have/be the key?
    I'd like to think that Draka has this mystical key (it certainly isn't a physical one, if Archon's is any precedent) without her being aware. That way, she presumably remains outside the Jailor's scope, and even if she betrayed the Primus (Maldraxxus is full of dickheads after all), she wouldn't be particularly helpful in the Blue Man's eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Denathrius still has his.
    That is a debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    Maldraxxus key is the runecarver, he is the primus.
    And only have suspicion that Runecarver is the Primus. Nothing confirmed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    That is a debatable.
    Unless the Jailer misspoke, there's not much to debate. He explicitly said "three keys remain" after retrieving Kyrestia's key from Kingsmourne, so unless there are five keys Denathrius still has his key hidden away.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Unless the Jailer misspoke, there's not much to debate. He explicitly said "three keys remain" after retrieving Kyrestia's key from Kingsmourne, so unless there are five keys Denathrius still has his key hidden away.
    Or he has Denathrius's key

7+ Year Old Account
    Or he has Denathrius's key
    If he had Denathrirus' key then he would have said "two keys remain", unless we want to assert there are five keys.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    If he had Denathrirus' key then he would have said "two keys remain", unless we want to assert there are five keys.
    Or he has Kyrestia's and Denathrius's key and he needs 3 more.
    As Il'gynoth said "Five keys to light our path"

7+ Year Old Account
    Or he has Kyrestia's and Denathrius's key and he needs 3 more.
    As Il'gynoth said "Five keys to light our path"
    This quote has been tied to literally everything.
    The four world trees and the tree in the Emerald Nightmare.
    The five pillars of creation.
    The dragon aspects.
    Sylvanas' deaths.
    Etc.
    I'm not going to put any stock into the whispers of Il'gynoth until there's something more substantial, and no one should act as though they are fact either. Especially given he gave the quote "Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way." in 8.3, which mirrors the initial metaphor of five torches being lit and implies that prophecy has been fulfilled and offers a continuation.