10+ Year Old Account

My tattoo friends!

Once it feels safe to do so, I plan to get my next one. How did you find the best quality artist in your area? This one will be larger than my other 2, so I want a skilled tattoist.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    oh I love tattoos but I dont think its safe to do it yet.
    Just too many people you know.

Check out this one, love the bagpipes.

I can only say the obligatory finger wag; why blemish beautiful skin...wait until older...blah blah..
    Okay I'm done.
    A couple of our carriers, namely FedEx and dhl have drivers with some decent ink. The one is always trying to talk me into shoulder tats. And then there's the feet...stick figures around the bottom edges with a couple of screaming balloons..to appear as if you're stepping on them.
    oy...what a scary imagination

google shops in the area you are willing to travel, read reviews, and notice if the shop responded to the reviews. See if the city gives awards out for the best local artists, the best small businesses did any of the shops win that? Do any of the shops have artists that have won contests/awards? check websites for samples. Lastly, talk to the shops and get a feel for the artists they have, and then the artist themselves to see what you think. I looked for 2 years before finding my local shop/artist and it was worth the wait. I might could have done better if I was willing to drive 4+ hours per session but it was not a significant difference. I now have a full leg cover, a full sleeve (half of which is a cover-up no artist wanted to do), and a forearm piece done by the artist picked all have gotten major compliments even from tattoo haters. You really want a good artist that also WANTS to do your work not just for money but because they like the style concept, and story the art is trying to tell.

Oh, notice the one thing I didn't mention price.... you are going for the quality it will be pricey don't haggle and tip well.

oh as for safety depends on your area I guess... I've been going for awhile and honestly feel safer in the tattoo shop than a Doc's office in terms of cleanilness
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2021-04-09 at 02:54 PM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    How did you find the best quality artist in your area?
    Reviews.
    Or in my town, there's one tattoo studio that's well known. They have a few month's wait time and charge a ton, but everyone knows they will do a fantastic job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once it feels safe to do so, I plan to get my next one.
    I'm too vanilla for a tattoo but I think you should get an anchor because they look cool:

---

Or a popsicle:

I think she knows what she wants and where she wants it, she just wants to know how to find the right tattooist.

Most of my tattoos were done by people via word of mouth. I basically just ask everyone I see with good ink where they got their work done.

Frankly, at this point, even though I don't live there any more, I'd need to go to NYC or Boston for tattoos, cause I know what I'm doing there, as opposed to where I am now.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    How did you find the best quality artist in your area?
    Not sure where you live but if they are still around I got both of mine at a world famous parlor on the strip in Las Vegas NV. Just look up tattoo artists in your area and you can see what is in your area, if you don't like what you see think about how much you are willing to spend on travel, include an estimate from a place you like and see if it is in your budget to afford it.

Me I took 2 vacations to Vegas and doubled up on the fun. Both were part relaxing/gambling/ect. . . and getting a tattoo, so 2 birds 1 stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I stated in the OP- this is post covid, later this year or next year.

I already have my next 2 planned, they are bigger projects so I want a better artist than I had for the ones I have. Thanks for the ideas!
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of getting this tattooed across my shoulders.

Whats the best way to dress it up?
    • Gothic or prison style font?
    • Google translate it to Latin?
    • Translate to Chinese characters? 不起作* 可能是性愛
    • Tribal scrolls on the top and bottom?

Go around to different shops and offer to pay for peoples tattoos if you can pick one for em. Then have em tattoo a realistic anus with eyes and teeth on people and see which one disturbs you the most and looks the most realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Thinking of getting this tattooed across my shoulders.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eyy4u2xWYAUG7kJ?format=png&name=small[/IG]

Whats the best way to dress it up?
    • Gothic or prison style font?
    • Google translate it to Latin?
    • Translate to Chinese characters? 不起作* 可能是性愛
    • Tribal scrolls on the top and bottom?
    *Obviously* all 4.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-08-24 at 11:06 PM.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)