Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I didn’t get SL until Xmas... so I’m a few weeks behind most

I leveled and upgraded my covenant gear until I was ready to raid... only took like 2 weeks

I was surprised that heroic dungeon gear didn’t really get you raid ready... it always has in the past

Since I was a few weeks behind, I joined a guild that was 8/10 normal... that was in early January... we raid 6 hours a week, 2 nights a week, and are now 8/10 heroic and will probably get general next week

So far I love the raid, and have been farming Stygian for socket upgrades and conduit upgrades even though I’m kinda sick of the maw, I don’t really enjoy Snoreghast, but I did it for leggos

Raid drops and the great vault have been so disappointing that I started doing m+ just to have more choices in the vault and now it’s the only easy source for upgrades

Right now, I’m just kinda meh...

Level tons of alts. I have about 26 chars I end up leveling to max level each expansion from both factions, of each class. I also love solo stuff like the mage tower, I got most of the mogs for the various artifacts in legion and I am enjoying Torghast somewhat, completed lvl 8 twisting corridors. The problem with Torghast is once you have done twisting corridors 8 no reason to ever do it again, unlike mage tower you could do each class and each spec.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

I was doing heroic raid, but quit due to work. I have it cleared though.

Now, I mainly log on to do a few pet battles, my weeklys, and some AH stuff. Maybe 6 hours a week.

What to do in shadowlands? Uninstall and play a better MMO.

I don’t raid, I don’t do rated bg. I play 2 hours maybe a night and I have 2/3 chars at 200ilvl.
    There’s nothing much for me to do anymore. pvp was really good but now there’s more and more higher ilvls in now that it’s beginning to feel pointless. Will probably unsub soon.
    it’s just not friendly enough for me to try to progress. I’d never pay for this boosting stuff which is kind of pay to win and I’m amazed how prevalent it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    As the title says, if your a casual, what do you do in wow right now?

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?
    I don't have the time to raid anymore.

To me, this game is so unbearably terrible without the in-guild raid environment I'd rather just never play it again.

So I uninstalled, and intend on never playing it again. Diablo 2 Remastered/Diablo 4 are a different story, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Not sure whether 2hr HC clear qualify as casual these days...
    Only doing heroic is pretty casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranzerain View Post
    I don’t raid, I don’t do rated bg. I play 2 hours maybe a night and I have 2/3 chars at 200ilvl.
    There’s nothing much for me to do anymore. pvp was really good but now there’s more and more higher ilvls in now that it’s beginning to feel pointless. Will probably unsub soon.
    it’s just not friendly enough for me to try to progress. I’d never pay for this boosting stuff which is kind of pay to win and I’m amazed how prevalent it is.
    You have most likely played the wrong game my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I answer earnestly, what is casual?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    No it did not mean that for years. It meant people who played every so often as they couldn't commit to end game. Big difference. It was time and content not just a flat out refusal to do something. It was the business definition of casual which means you aren't a frequent/regular.
    But that was the purpose of that definition.
    So what do you propose we call the not-so-small number of people who can't or won't participate in organized group endgame content and how long does it take before another brainiac M+er self identifies as that to "win" these arguments?

I love people who think they're casuals because they log in a couple hours a week, yet they clear HC CN. Casual != time played, it's content completed, and yes, I would consider HC to be non-casual content. Not hardcore either mind you, but somewhere in between.

If you clear heroic, you're not casual. Heck, if you're on this form responding to this thread, you're not casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Isn't casual players defined by not having much time to play every day, though? Meaning they play now and then; casually. Laid back playing hours, etc.

I look at myself as a casual since I play maybe 2-3 hours per week. I still have decent Rio (2k) and 2v2 rating (2.1k), though I don't raid above hc these days.
    There's no common definition of casual. Some people think it's based on the amount of time (which again is relative - ask a non-gamer if it's casual to play a game every single day for an hour) and some think it's a mindset (e.g. if you play arena but don't care about rating) or somewhere in between.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi87 View Post
    As the title says, if your a casual, what do you do in wow right now?

If you dont do endgame content like m+, Raid or Rated PVP, what do you do each time your logged in?
    Unsubbed about a month ago, once you get to around 210ilvl as a casual you have basically completed the game to the point you are done. I liked the game at first, but then when you could get to max level and have 200ilvl in a week with covenant gear It kind of just seemed pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    There's no common definition of casual. Some people think it's based on the amount of time (which again is relative - ask a non-gamer if it's casual to play a game every single day for an hour) and some think it's a mindset (e.g. if you play arena but don't care about rating) or somewhere in between.
    I think it's fairly safe to rule out the guy with cutting edge as casual.

Doing the callings every day, some easy and quick WQ. After reset the weekly stuff...Otherwise waiting the end of my subscription and take some time off...Maybe back when flying is on but probably not...The game, the world is static beyond imagination..therefore boring AF

nothing. its pointless. my account expired in 16 days and I don't think I will renew.