Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So, 9.1 first or TBC Classic?

Hello!

So which one do you think will go out 1st? I see a lot of people thinking that the TBC pre patch will come out on may 18, but the beta isn’t out yet and I don’t see anything happening without about a month of beta, so I would bet may 18 could be the beta launch. But on the other hand no news about the 9.1 either, I don’t think Blizzard will release anything at the same time, my guess would be 9.1 first, then TBC beta, pre patch and then this summer the release of TBC.

But doesn’t it feel weird that we don’t have any news for both release?

Unfortunately further 9.1 is delayed - higher chance, that we'll have WOD 2.0 at the end. Problem is - WOD had the best replayability in Wow's history, that allowed it to live long enough without new content. SL is just bad in terms of replayability. It's just a little bit better, than BFA was and BFA was the worst xpack in Wow's history in terms of replayability. 9.0 has only two weeks of content per character and really bad leveling, that kills all desire to level new characters. And looks like 9.1 won't provide any new casual content beyond flying in obsoleted content. I'm personally sick of "no flying forever" locations and so called "sanbox" content in Wow, that is about illusion of choice, while actually restricting players even more, than in "theme park" content. I personally hate that "circle around location and wait for RNG spawns" gameplay. Especially without flying.

Blizzard try to compensate this fail via releasing so called "remasters", as every game developer does now. But unfortunately it's not for me. First of all, I don't like TBC, it's as boring, as Vanilla was, and it will take another two years till release of WotLK. And WotLK won't be as good now, as it was back then. Due to all that "Go go go" and M+ mentality, that will kill the best WotLK's content - it's dungeons. Blizzard seem to use wrong concept here. They simply try to "relaunch" their xpacks, perform 2nd circle of releasing the same content, sell them for the second time. While proper approach would be - to simply allow players to play xpack, they like. And therefore it would be much better to release all recent xpacks at the same time, instead of waiting for them for 2*n years.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-03-22 at 07:19 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Well let’s math this

9.1 is 5-8 weeks of ptr

TBC is months of alpha and beta...

People screeching about delays with no information are going to say tbc and claim “they can’t release them too close to each other” ignoring the CEO saying there isn’t significant overlap between the two games so they don’t let it effect the release even though as I’ve shown above they won’t release near each other

10+ Year Old Account
    9.1 is wished to be mid-summer the LATEST. TBC Classic is most likely still far behind (own opinion is as well, less priority than progression content).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    9.1 is wished to be mid-summer the LATEST. TBC Classic is most likely still far behind (own opinion is as well, less priority than progression content).
    The beta is already out for TBC and they already stated that TBC will come around may.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    9.1 is 5-8 weeks of ptr

Major patches are usually at least 2months on the PTR, so anything below that is pretty much wishful thinking.
    For Reference, 8.2 (which i think is compareable to 9.1) went in mid April onto the PTR and launched in late June.

So unless Blizzard absolutely strikes us out of the blue with the 9.1 PTR within the next week, that patch is another probably 3 months off, at least.

For TBC at the very least, we know Blizzard has already made some preparations with the Beta Servers (or rather Classic PTR), but for 9.1, there is nothing.
    And once TBC beta is live, i expect things to move relatively quickly, TBC is much smaller in scale than Classic and there they didn't even test the endgame, levelcap was 40 on the Beta there.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Well let’s math this

9.1 is 5-8 weeks of ptr

People screeching about delays with no information are going to say tbc and claim “they can’t release them too close to each other” ignoring the CEO saying there isn’t significant overlap between the two games so they don’t let it effect the release even though as I’ve shown above they won’t release near each other
    "Lets math this" - proceeds to grab random numbers out of the air.

Thats funny ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    The beta is already out for TBC and they already stated that TBC will come around may.
    Ah, have not seen information about estimated release time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Knowing Blizzard? Both will drop on the same day to make everyone playing both implode with rage.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll get TBC Classic around May / June time - this will help Blizzard fill in a content gap in 9.05 to 9.1 for a lot of players who will take up TBC in the summer break. 9.1 will be around August / September time.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    What?
    Stop spreading misinformations.
    There is no official info on this nor beta is live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What?
    There is a date that has been datamined from a ptr string called "BURNING_CRUSADE_TRANSITION_DEFAULT_CLONE_DATE".

That date is may the 18th. People think its most likely prepatch date

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    While proper approach would be - to simply allow players to play xpack, they like. And therefore it would be much better to release all recent xpacks at the same time, instead of waiting for them for 2*n years.
    And divide playerbase more? I dont even think leaving classic wow up is a good idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What?
    Official not but there is a leak about 18may is release day of TBC or prepatch. Imo TBC will go out first. We got 9.0.5 i know its not a big deal except valor system but still. If they would plan to push 9.1 soon the valor system would be included not as it is like minor patch we had.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-03-22 at 12:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling 9.1 will be long long away so TBC first.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Unfortunately further 9.1 is delayed - higher chance, that we'll have WOD 2.0 at the end. Problem is - WOD had the best replayability in Wow's history, that allowed it to live long enough without new content. SL is just bad in terms of replayability. It's just a little bit better, than BFA was and BFA was the worst xpack in Wow's history in terms of replayability. 9.0 has only two weeks of content per character and really bad leveling, that kills all desire to level new characters. And looks like 9.1 won't provide any new casual content beyond flying in obsoleted content. I'm personally sick of "no flying forever" locations and so called "sanbox" content in Wow, that is about illusion of choice, while actually restricting players even more, than in "theme park" content. I personally hate that "circle around location and wait for RNG spawns" gameplay. Especially without flying.

Blizzard try to compensate this fail via releasing so called "remasters", as every game developer does now. But unfortunately it's not for me. First of all, I don't like TBC, it's as boring, as Vanilla was, and it will take another two years till release of WotLK. And WotLK won't be as good now, as it was back then. Due to all that "Go go go" and M+ mentality, that will kill the best WotLK's content - it's dungeons. Blizzard seem to use wrong concept here. They simply try to "relaunch" their xpacks, perform 2nd circle of releasing the same content, sell them for the second time. While proper approach would be - to simply allow players to play xpack, they like. And therefore it would be much better to release all recent xpacks at the same time, instead of waiting for them for 2*n years.
    SL is literally the BEST leveling and replayability in years wtf are you talking about.

I am currently leveling my 30th alt ( My account is maxed at 50 toons and I get them all to max level every xpac).

Plus playing my main throigh mythic+15s and raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    WOD had the best replayability in Wow's history
    Is this a joke? There was literally no content worth logging in for besides raids. Sure you could repeatedly not log in to not play

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    SL is literally the BEST leveling and replayability in years wtf are you talking about.

I am currently leveling my 30th alt ( My account is maxed at 50 toons and I get them all to max level every xpac).

Plus playing my main throigh mythic+15s and raiding.
    I have to disagree with this. I have 4 characters at max level and i absolutely barf at the thought of leveling another. I'd prefer leveling to simply be removed from the game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I am currently leveling my 30th alt
    Your tolerance to incredibly repetitive boring bullshit must be at world record levels. I could barely bring myself to grind soul ash/renown on my main and literally gave up on the first alt at renown 16. Just logged out mid questline and never logged back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Is this a joke? There was literally no content worth logging in for besides raids. Sure you could repeatedly not log in to not play
    Story about WOD content is long. Overall leveling quests had the the best quality in terms of lack of artificial content stretching to make it take much longer, than it should have been. Only Cata had comparable quality. And overall leveling Garrisons and doing Tanaan to get Baleful gear were much more fun, than boring and tedious SL leveling, just 2 weeks of artificially stretched Renown grind and pointless Anima grind after that.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.