Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cancel culture strikes again.

Even if the man is guilty, stop taking his achievements from him.
    It's not like he is a doped athlete who cheated and they take away his/her titles.

Fucking cancel culture. The modern world cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Some of the worst pedophiles were part of anti-pedophilia groups.
    No, you said "most often" that is the case. "Most" means more than half. Do you actually believe that more than half of the people working at anti-pedophile organizations are secret pedophiles?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Cancel culture strikes again.

Even if the man is guilty, stop taking his achievements from him.
    It's not like he is a doped athlete who cheated and they take away his/her titles.

Fucking cancel culture. The modern world cancer.
    Yeah, it's such a shame that people have to face consequences for bad behavior.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    No, you said "most often" that is the case. "Most" means more than half. Do you actually believe that more than half of the people working at anti-pedophile organizations are secret pedophiles?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's such a shame that people have to face consequences for bad behavior.
    In this case he took the allgeations to court and won. But, I guess that doesn't matter because you know, cancel culture!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    You are bit too much invested into taking words literal or in 'logic', as you see it.

Yes, most often the people that cry foul the loudest are the worst offenders themselves.

Like the more you keep railing against this truth the more suspicious you make yourself look at this point...
    Do you actually believe that more than half of the people working at anti-pedophile organizations are secret pedophiles?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    In this case he took the allgeations to court and won. But, I guess that doesn't matter because you know, cancel culture!
    Just because someone was deemed "not guilty" of a specific charge, doesn't make what he did do suddenly acceptable.

Was it illegal for him to leave those creepy, sexual messages? No.
    Do you want someone who leaves creepy sexual messages associated with you? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Just because someone was deemed "not guilty" of a specific charge, doesn't make what he did do suddenly acceptable.

Some people also said he had sex before mariage. And it wasn't missionary nor to procreate... What a disgusting creature. You should have seen the vids on twitter.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-04-16 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Some people also said he had sex before mariage. And it wasn't missionary nor to procreate... What a disgusting creature.
    What a sick individual. I say we should summon an Inquisition and burn him on a pole for such heretical actions!

Since when does private stuff has any importance to another's life exactly ? Especially in that case where there was no illegal stuff = definitely not your problem. You can be outraged, yeah, of course, that's what Twitter is for. But ruining someone's life because he did something that's shocking to you is, indeed, too much.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you mean like you just made a total fool out of yourself with this post, last time i checked the 'court of public opinion' had no legal power whatsoever, meaning that even if it was the scummiest thing you could say possible on that recording, it means absolutely fuck all from a legal standpoint and should be considered 'innocent until proven guilty' as stated by the person you quoted, but hey, i guess you ppl of the twatter generation who just destroy the lives of potentially innocent people because 'mom my feelings got hurt wah wah wah!' etc, it's disgusting and you should be ashamed to be associated with such practices.
    i dont think you understand how "innocent until proven guilty" works. It has nothing to do with your private employer firing you for being a dirtbag.

Does it bother anybody else that this "news" article provides an editorialized reason for KT's VA replacement? Because of that, most of the comments are discussing the ramifications of PC culture in our society instead of, well, you know whether that's the actual reason this happened. I guess it's one way to pump your engagement metrics but I don't think this is the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    He won by silencing the opposition with a SLAPP suit. He did have not prove the allegations were illegitimate to do that. Just sue the person they are opposing till they run out of money.

Now if he sued for defamation...he would have to prove they were false. Funny how that's not what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    How about this, something horrible happens to you or people you know. When you get upset shut your mouth and I’ll tell you to stop trying to cancel the criminal. You better be happy after whatever horrible thing happens , because you’re just trying to cancel an upstanding criminal
    To be honest, that's a particularly toxic outlook. I can't say if this dude is innocent or guilty...all I can see is accusations brought against him in a world where people make things up all the time. It doesn't matter if these accusations were made it, the damage is done.

All I can say is I'm a fan of Vic Mignogna, he has been attacked for years with allegations and lost most of his work. His accusers yell about how they have mountains of evidence and I say bring charges against him, if he is guilty I'll be the first accept it. But then NO ONE actually brings charges against him. It has also been proven his co-worker accusers have more skeletons in their closets than he actually does. Yet they're still cancelling him with absolutely nothing but empty accusations they seem to be afraid to prove.

Raider.io is the worst thing ever happened to this game and now it gets implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say something else on cancel culture, but screw it, seems pointless. But this:

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Does it bother anybody else that this "news" article provides an editorialized reason for KT's VA replacement? Because of that, most of the comments are discussing the ramifications of PC culture in our society instead of, well, you know whether that's the actual reason this happened. I guess it's one way to pump your engagement metrics but I don't think this is the right direction.
    Even more odd is that they locked this following thread in Gen Discussions: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-actor-in-9-1
    And here's why they locked it:
    This thread didn't start out great and seems to have been derailed into an argument about cancel culture and things unrelated to WoW. Closing this.
    These actions do not gel with one another very well... what difference does it make to MMO C if the "engagement" happens in a forum thread or one of their news posts? Why hasn't this news thread been locked yet if they don't want cancel culture discussions happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

We wouldnt be having this issues had they brought back Garrosh instead

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Since when does private stuff has any importance to another's life exactly ?
    The split second another person is involved - such as the person who's phone gets sexually creepy messages left on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Some people also said he had sex before mariage. And it wasn't missionary nor to procreate... What a disgusting creature. You should have seen the vids on twitter.
    Not sure how that has anything to do with calling people and leaving creeper messages, but okay.

ah need a thread like this to remind me that gamergate is still the majority of this community, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    To be honest, that's a particularly toxic outlook. I can't say if this dude is innocent or guilty...all I can see is accusations brought against him in a world where people make things up all the time. It doesn't matter if these accusations were made it, the damage is done.

All I can say is I'm a fan of Vic Mignogna, he has been attacked for years with allegations and lost most of his work. His accusers yell about how they have mountains of evidence and I say bring charges against him, if he is guilty I'll be the first accept it. But then NO ONE actually brings charges against him. It has also been proven his co-worker accusers have more skeletons in their closets than he actually does. Yet they're still cancelling him with absolutely nothing but empty accusations they seem to be afraid to prove.
    That was exactly my point. I wasn’t being serious but showing how absurdly stupid your kind sound trying to defend this person. Don’t see this crap happening to any other voice actor in wow. Is it just not their days to be picked to be canceled? Waiting on someone to with high iq to post the canceling calendar so I can be more educated on the timeline for the next voice actor to be canceled

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    first of all don't make the assumption that i'm American, because i am not and associated with that i do not have the same pathetic attitude many of the populous like you seem to have where you think it's acceptable to ruin the lives of people without any legal action taken, furthermore, as i clearly stated and you clearly missed like the simpleton you are appearing to be, it doesn't matter what is stated in ANYTHING that's been recorded, if it's not something that is legally binding it literally doesn't mean shit, not to me, not to you, not to anybody, and whether or not it makes the person look like a complete piece of human trash is irrelevant, but again you seem to lack the mental capacity to understand this fact, so yes, to use your words you do need 'the government to sign off on things' because unless it's something recognised in a court of law it DOES NOT MATTER.

- - - Updated - - -

here's a radical idea, if it's something so horrible and you have proof of the crime REPORT IT TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES and allow due process to occur and hope that where you live that allows you to get justice, instead of smearing the names of people in public with no power to defend themselves when they could actually be innocent of the things you claim them of doing, but i guess your apathetic attitude doesn't care if others get hurt because it doesn't affect you eh?, fuck off back under your rock and try thinking for 5 seconds in front of your face before posting absolute drivel.

- - - Updated - - -

careful, the twitter police will be after you for making them think for themselves and dismissing their arguements because of 'facts', they don't do that over there.
    Just because something isn't illegal or isn't something able to be reported to the court doesn't mean its not deplorable behaviour that a company if able to freely distance themselves from because they choose too.

Its not illegal for me to do a lot of things that if I did would leave me outcasted and despised by the majority of people in public or 'Cancelled'.

Cancel culture statements are just stupid. Every time someone faces repercussions for the actions they chose to do, people claim its cancel culture. We used to call it consequences. Its just become a new buzzword to lump anyone who disagrees with them into a 'bad group' category.

Not sure how that has anything to do with calling people and leaving creeper messages, but okay.
    What does that have to do with sending a sexual message to someone who is flirting with you for some days ?
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-04-16 at 02:51 PM.