Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    To be fair,bottom 8% of all mythic raiders is still better than at least 95% of all players.

But yeah,it's true that he's just not as good as he used to be. I guess you can't keep being one of the best players in the game forever
    You and your raid group have to play sub-optimally to get good healing parses. That tells you how useful it is as a metric. He may or may not be one of the best anymore - you sure as hell can't tell from his parses.

How to make everything take 200% longer to get processed and released, 101.

No thank you. People are already free to vote with their wallets and provide constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I mean... you say never as if hidden forums don't exist for the sole purpose of getting direct feedback from those 0.001% Very,very,very few CE players even are granted access to them.

I don't think they would ever publicly announce a voting system like that but the concept of the restriction isn't something they are not currently doing.
    Hidden forums for top players / creators exist to gather feedback. Not to decisively determine what direction the game is going. You are conflating two very different things. These places don't exist to let those people actually decide about the game, but, as you yourself have put it - gather feedback and act upon it in the way the devs believe best.

An openly 'democractic' polling system like in OSRS is something completely different. It's not just about feedback. It's players literally deciding which content makes it into the game and which does not.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Couldn't you just log in on a horde toon, get the chopper, and it would be unlocked on alliance? Or was that later.

Reason for asking: I was horde when that event happened. Play both now, I have the alliance chopper but I don't seem to recall ever buying it. (100% possible I simply forgot though)
    Each mount was its own thing. Getting one did not give you the other faction's equivalent. Otherwise Horde players could get the Horde version (Warlord's Deathwheel) simply by buying the Alliance version (Champion's Treadblade). It's still possible to buy the Alliance version but the Horde version is no longer obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
    You and your raid group have to play sub-optimally to get good healing parses. That tells you how useful it is as a metric. He may or may not be one of the best anymore - you sure as hell can't tell from his parses.
    yeah,that's fair.

We had a few 100 healing parses happen for our healers (and our blood DK) back when I was still an active mythic raider in BfA. And they were invariably from absolute dogshit pulls lmfao

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no way in egypt (since egypt is currently worse than hell) that a guy who hates video games with passion and admitted that multiple times in his interviews give democracy to gamers, he despise us and he think of us lower than trash, u don't ask cockroaches what they want, and he see us lower than them
    what democracy leads is always good in long term zero question about it, entire human history we tried everything else and it all sucked, and while democracy did suck too it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (to infinity) better than every other option tested

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It was free, 160 000 ppl bothered to vote and we got enough people complaining how the "wrong" mount won.
    well ppl who didn't vote yet complain can gladly go fuck themselves
    btw i didn't vote myself and i don't like that mount much either, but i won't complain to blizz, if anyone to blame i blame myself i didn't participate not that they didn't 'listen' to my vote that i didn't tell them in first place!
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Let me also give you a point-by-point opinion about the image I created ^^

1 - Ok, do you swear to God that at this moment you are satisfied with all the talents of the Class of your main-char?
    Do you really think that imagining the possibility of a more targeted "feed-back" about the best talents that your class has and that should be kept and those that literally NO ONE chooses because everyone hates this ... shouldn't just be replaced by a new idea with great chances of being appreciated ??
    Well, I would love to see a tab like this on the Blizzard website.
    Okay, but then you can say it wouldn't work because it would be a mess. People who play warrior would vote on the rogues page and vice & versa.
    To solve this is very simple: Once you log in, Blizzard has the ability to know your main-char or at least the 3 toons you play the most. It would then only allow you to vote on the classes that you literally play and care about the most. That simple.

2 - There is a thread in this forum with thousands of posts proving that the thread "NEW CLASS" lives in our hearts right now. Frankly ... if in the next expansion they don't announce a new class, I predict a civil war. No joking.
    Now imagine that 75% of players today would love to see Tinker as a new class and only 5% would like to play with a Bard.
    But..u know, right? ... if 5% want to play as Bard we will probably have Bard in the next expansion !! hahaha ... (i'm just being realistic).
    So ... is this TAB so absurd?
    Are we forbidden to know which Class the majority of the player base would really like to see in an upcoming expansion?
    Doesn't the majority opinion matter? God, if this is true can someone explain to me how Joe Diden became President ???

3 - About giving a score to devs about their most recent decisions and that REALLY this vote does not become a troll show ... just as I said above ... that only votes from those who actually play the current content be taken into account about the game. I don't talk about all the content but enough. I'm not saying that we should only take End-gamers or Mythic-raiders seriously ... but votes from those who enter the game once a month, kill some wild boars in ogrimmar and leave ... they really can't be taken seriously , OK.
    So ... it would be interesting to follow the vote of those who actually play the game ... and the popularity of devs in all of this.

4 - In the name of everything I love .... I would REALLY LOVE to see a tab like this on the official Blizzard website. This is now incredibly necessary.
    I know that when new xmogs are drawn most of the ideas put on paper go to waste and only a few (chosen by, idk, 2 or 3 people) actually appear in the game! PLZ BLIZZARD, let the players become more involved in this choice !!! My God ... Since Legion you have not managed to create a single xmog that can really please the player. Forgive me but this opinion is almost unanimous.

5 - I like transparency in my investments and YES ... WoW is an investment for me! Don't you like transparency in your investments? Ok ...

6 - Swear for God that you didn't realize that there is no "Rogue" option ?? hahahaha ...
    Okay, this TAB would work more like a true feed-back directed to the current situation of each class. The difference with the current feed-back that we see on the official forum is that the "item-5" above (transparency) would give us a more REAL and better position of which class needs urgent adjustments and which do not.

7 - Just an old wish! SHADOW REFLECTION I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU !!!

8 - Hahaha ... just the obvious. (And yes, Holy Murloc is better than Tinker and Bard).

9 - Here is a really serious request for Blizzard:
    Dear Blizzard, I am grateful that you have already made a TOY that turns us into a mawsworn for a limited time ... (but it is just a tou). And yes, I know that we will have the mawsorn shoulders to buy in Torghast. But please ... it is not only these Shoulders that are the most incredible that you have ever designed, but the whole set of mawsworn. My Hunter would be in love with you if he could wear the same Helmet as the mawsworn who wears a crossbow.
    Plz plz plz plz! It doesn't make sense we only have the shoulders. Release the helmet, gloves etc ...! PLZZZZZZ !!!

Thank you!❤
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2021-05-12 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbit View Post
    Limited access to voting is how it originally used to be irl. Used to be you could only vote as land owner. So his view is rather traditional than weird. That said it should be a nobrainer to filter out the rabble. No point letting fools make decisions. The fun part is of course setting the filter.

What would be however more hilarious is allowing to purchase votes with gold or even real $. Time for some real democray. The butthurt over this would be worth watching.
    Yes, but we are not in history class. It's the modern meaning that we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Yes, but we are not in history class. It's the modern meaning that we are talking about.
    There are not one country in the world, perhaps with the exception of Switzerland, where the population can directly decide what shall happen. The OP is suggesting some kind of ancient, direct democracy that doesn't exist in the real world.

In all "democratic" countries the eligible population elects representatives that then decide the laws. The population has no say on what happens after they have cast their vote.
    And the we have the question of "eligible". In all countries only people that are mature enough are allowed to vote. Usually at the age of 18. How do you suggest we should decide who is a mature enough WoW-player and who isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    There are not one country in the world, perhaps with the exception of Switzerland, where the population can directly decide what shall happen.
    It's a shame to the rest of the world, right?, Switzerland is one of the best places in the world to live (many say it's the best). Perhaps because the people are more engaged in making decisions about ... what is better for the people?

In all countries only people that are mature enough are allowed to vote. Usually at the age of 18. How do you suggest we should decide who is a mature enough WoW-player and who isn't?
    Would it be the one who has a character lvl 60 with achievements that prove that he is a player with enough participation to vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    last time i tried democracy i got a tree mount.
    Last time i tried, i voted for a $10 clone and got a $35 clone

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Would it be the one who has a character lvl 60 with achievements that prove that he is a player with enough participation to vote?
    What if someone doesn't participate in certain content because they don't think it's fun? Are they not allowed to vote for changes to make the content more fun for them? What about someone who is physically disabled and is unable to get these achievements (assuming its more than the "you hit max level" achievement)? Do they not deserve the right to vote for what they want just because they are physically incapable of meeting your achievement metric?

It's a shame to the rest of the world, right?, Switzerland is one of the best places in the world to live (many say it's the best). Perhaps because the people are more engaged in making decisions about ... what is better for the people?
    Or because it's a tiny country where maintaining a high standard of living is much easier thanks to scale and a currency with absurd purchasing power propped up by institutionalized financial crime that makes it trivial to import whatever you want. One of the two.

In any event, the real problem would be the meme-lords going off on lul crusades to vote for something absurd on the one hand, and people voting for what they THINK will work well but really doesn't on the other.

Also: if the devs control what goes up for vote and what doesn't, that's basically the same thing, just with added variance and the danger of bad decisions. It doesn't solve the problem.

The problem is gaming as a service leading to development decisions that transform a game from "playing it because it's fun" to "playing it because there's a little fun hidden somewhere, maybe, inside the big machine of player retention and MAU metrics".

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Last time i tried, i voted for a $10 clone and got a $35 clone
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-05-12 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

I mean that isn't nearly restricted enough. Currently there are hidden forums on the official forums. One for raid/dungeon tuning, one for pvp, Class feedback/theorycrafting (never seen this one myself) and the mvp lounge.

It helps if you take the best players and get them to weigh in. Johnny lfr isn't good to anyone.
    And this is why it fails. you are tryring to arbitrate who is in the group so that you get exactly what you want. ALL groups of player should be represented and that includes Johnny lfr because he plays the game too. Players with your attitude are not good to anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boaty McBoatface. Schooly McSchoolface.

Under this system Rogues would likely be renamed either "Stabby McStabFace" class, or "Cowardly Cunts" class.

While having blizzard actually show that they are considering player input would be nice instead of just shoving forward with whatever they do, actual democracy would not go well in any game, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account

EDIT: Yes I put some new (and necessary) stuffs in original image ^^
    Horrible idea, sorry.

Could work so long as it was a restricted democracy.

Cutting edge or ahead of the curve and challenger and up.
    If it were to be restricted, it should be unlocked for the following, you must have at least a medium PvP ranking, or at least 3 Aotc's, as well as a minimum of 25.000 achievement points and an active subscription.

But the idea overall is not good. I'd rather more visibility on Dev interaction and notes/feedback/forum reaction.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-05-12 at 09:07 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Akibaboy View Post
    Every time you log in you're actively voting by how you spend your time.
    Follow me:
    So I log in to play casual PVP. (Let's assume that I only play PVP and hate PVE ..)
    However, even in the casual PVP environment, I realize that people have 50% more HP, 20% more attack power etc ... and well ... always losing because I am weak is not so much fun.
    Okay, let's be strong then.
    So (hypothetically) I find that doing PVE environment I will equip me 3 times faster than just doing what I really like (casual PVP).
    So ... my decision is simple: I will do PVE, after all I want to be strong as soon as possible. As the Goblins say .. time is money, friend ..!
    So I do quests that I hate, walk the paths that I hate, talk to NPCs that I hate etc ...
    So, at this moment, Blizzard can see what I'm doing ... and automatically conclude that I love PVE?? That's it??
    Well ... then we are not talking about the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And this is why it fails. you are tryring to arbitrate who is in the group so that you get exactly what you want. ALL groups of player should be represented and that includes Johnny lfr because he plays the game too. Players with your attitude are not good to anyone.
    I mean that just seems unfair... at the very worst I would like to think we are good to ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean that just seems unfair... at the very worst I would like to think we are good to ourselves.
    To be honest. It is not a fair system in general. Limiting voting with restrictions is basically excluding part of the playerbase. Then again, limiting to a subscription minimum is making it unfair for people who can't be subscribed the whole time as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..