Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Person A said "mythic should not reward any gear". I pointed this out as being a pretty backwards way of looking at it, and then person B, linked below, responded:

So this person completely agrees that all loot should be removed from Mythic raids. I asked for clarity on what your silly little attempt at a meme actually meant, since it is obviously not easy to read.

edit - found the original post from "person A"
    Yeah, you not only failed to produce an actual quote, but you also failed to mention the context the argument was used in. Hint: reductio ad absurdum.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    WRONG. Just WRONG.

Time has nothing to do with casual or hardcore. It is always the content, never the time invested. Trying to add more labels to something that already has a straight forward definition is just ridiculous. You sound like the crowd that tried to shoehorn the semi hardcore label when guild recruiting. We all know what that label means. It means we are bad and we are trying to do mythic raiding when we have no business being there.

Here is the definitive meanings.

Hardcore. I do hardcore content. That is regular organized raiding at heroic or higher AND/OR I weekly max ilvl in the vault.

Casual. I don't raid H or higher regular AND/OR I have trouble maxing my vault ilvl every week. I am not a good player.

If we were to add another level it would be below casual. I name it NonPlayer.

Definition. "I like playing solo. I never do pugs because people are mean. I deserve the best gear because I pay my sub. This expansion called <Insert expansion name> is the worse because Blizzard never caters to the casuals and the elites keep blocking me from the gear I deserve. Also if I was a loser like the people in good gear and I actually no lifed wow I would have full mythic gear by now."
    *Logs off after the fifth 15 hour session in a row this week.*
    *Shuffles away.*
    *Takes an age to turn a corner*
    whatever you say, snowflake. this game has such an incredibly low skill cap it's hilariously sad you think anyone should be categorized as bad for anything other than a lack of time and effort investment. compare to a FPS where you're penalized for a lack of reflexes, in this game you're penalized for not knowing something is coming aka having DBM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    No, I'm really not. For the casual players who want gear, but don't have time to get gear this was the expansion for them.

There are multiple definitions of work. Work doesn't mean a job. If you had to go put milk in the fridge so it doesn't spoil that is classified as work. Killing a boss to get loot drops is technically work.
    So, in other words, WoD was the best for LAZY players - not casuals. Try to not conflate the terms
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yeah, you not only failed to produce an actual quote, but you also failed to mention the context the argument was used in. Hint: reductio ad absurdum.
    What? I literally provided two quotes from two separate users saying they want all loot removed from mythic...As for context, it was in a thread discussing "casuals" loot concerns, in relation to the loot rewarded to "hardcore" players - the context of this thread is the definition of casual vs hardcore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    whatever you say, snowflake. this game has such an incredibly low skill cap it's hilariously sad you think anyone should be categorized as bad for anything other than a lack of time and effort investment. compare to a FPS where you're penalized for a lack of reflexes, in this game you're penalized for not knowing something is coming aka having DBM.
    Based on this reply, Im guessing you play on quite low difficulty in wow, because reactions are a HUGE part of high end raiding, where split second decisions not only impact yourself, but those around you and the rest of the raid team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So, in other words, WoD was the best for LAZY players - not casuals. Try to not conflate the terms
    Casuals players who want gear still don't raid mythic raids because they don't have the time.

And no, in some cases casual players are lazy.

I'm a casual that used to play at minimum 8 hours per day, always raid 3 nights a week, always have the latest gear/legendaries and mounts out the wazoo. Even when raiding mythic, I'm still a casual when compared.

Yet to anyone I know, I've always been the "Hardcore WoW player"... Pretty funny how people's views differ like that.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    You don't do high M+ or any mythic raids do you?