Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    For her actions in life, Sylvanas should have been rewarded greatly, she gave all she could to her people. She was a very good she elf.
    She arrogantly taunted Arthas and made the conquest of Silvermoon possible by hinting exactly what he needed to do, and fed her soldiers to a meat grinder for her pride, but oh yeah, she was just the best!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Now compare that to legions illidan, who willingly stayed behind to act as sargeras's jailer, therefore dooming himself to yet another prison for eternity, who screamed "the legions end is ALL I SEEEEK", and whatever else.
    Danuser hates Metzen, but can't stop copying him. Illidan in Legion is just another version of Diablo 2's Tal Rasha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    we have to live in a two dimensional world where « evil » only applies when you’re being completely psychotic and « good » when you’re a totally selfless schmuck who’s never had a bad thought in his life. It’s pretty fuckin’ lame.
    That seems to be Danuser's take on "morally grey world"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    She arrogantly taunted Arthas and made the conquest of Silvermoon possible by hinting exactly what he needed to do, and fed her soldiers to a meat grinder for her pride, but oh yeah, she was just the best!
    Well, at least it wasn't undeath what turned her into an utter moron lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, at least it wasn't undeath what turned her into an utter moron lol.
    It's why I've always laughed at the people claiming she's a tactical genius.
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    My initial reply was worded too strongly but basically...

It's a retelling of Arthas' journey and fall through the perspective of Uther who comes to a conclusion that places more blame on himself and makes him more sympathetic to Arthas. The quest shows us how that Uther apparently didn't fully grasp the virtue of compassion which is why he "failed" Arthas as a mentor. This might not exonerate Arthas but it certainly gives more credence to a view that Arthas bears less responsibility.
    Well in most cases that's how people react after looking back to certain things, thinking that maybe, they could have done better.

But yes, its an interesting retelling and one that IMHO is quite fitting for Uther.

Regardless I think in Arthas case, it was a case of a "little bit of both", many of the things he did were completely on him, but we also know that he was not completely "LETS KILL EVERYONE AND MAKE THEM MY SLAVE!" when we saw in Wrath that he contained the Scourge to a point.

Regardless how they end up painting it, I kind of want Arthas to not appear again as himself, why? cause I think he already have a good conclusion.

If they really wanna make more money on his spend, MAKE A MOVIE OF HIS STORY!, can even make a couple of movies of his book (to give more screen time to certain events -mainly battles, like the destruction of the Sunwell battle-)

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    With her actions, Sylvanas saved the elves from complete destruction. She gave them time to evacuate and prepare.
    And she held Arthas back well for a long time.
    This is described in the third chronicles.
    Their author, by the way, is Metzen. Not Danuser.

For some reason, without ever thinking about it, an image of Sylvanas as the matron of an orphanage sprung to mind, so let's go with that. With security checks in place, so she wouldn't just burn it down.

Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit.
    So every entity killed and risen by Arthas has their soul shattered like has been done to Uther.
    So first thing would be to restore her soul, boot her to revendreth and then make her go trough the kyrian song and dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Well, they’re clearly going somewhere with the Uther soul split. Not to mention taking Arthas’s responsibility away and insinuating he was possibly not in control at all.

The idea of the good of a soul splitting from the bad in specific situations is an interesting one off concept, but if that’s how they plan to explain every bad thing ever done by Arthas and Sylvanas it’s gonna suck.
    The thing is Uther's 'bad' isn't even really....bad? He just felt more responsibility for what happened, and more (rather justifiable) rage for what Arthas did.

Yes he joined the forsworn, a group that let him do what he wanted for revenge, and were a bunch of freedom fighters against a cult that likes wiping your memories. Yes they got worse, but oh look, when they became clearly evil, he jumped ship.

Do we have any confirmation that its actually a good/bad split?

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    The thing is Uther's 'bad' isn't even really....bad? He just felt more responsibility for what happened, and more (rather justifiable) rage for what Arthas did.

Yes he joined the forsworn, a group that let him do what he wanted for revenge, and were a bunch of freedom fighters against a cult that likes wiping your memories. Yes they got worse, but oh look, when they became clearly evil, he jumped ship.

Do we have any confirmation that its actually a good/bad split?
    But he expressed negative emotions, that makes him bad, by WoW logic. Good guys are not allowed to feel any remotely negative emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by RasAlhage View Post
    With her actions, Sylvanas saved the elves from complete destruction. She gave them time to evacuate and prepare.
    And she held Arthas back well for a long time.
    This is described in the third chronicles.
    Their author, by the way, is Metzen. Not Danuser.
    Where exactly did I claim living Sylvanas was written by Danuser?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    But he expressed negative emotions, that makes him bad, by WoW logic. Good guys are not allowed to feel any remotely negative emotions.
    Definitely one of the lessons of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Most people who commit a genocide are on the same level.

- - - Updated - - -

Douglas MacArthur: Waifu Edition isn't exactly a big step up from Hitler.
    Comparing pixels to real life.. yikes again

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Comparing pixels to real life.. yikes again
    topkek. It's not like I'm acting like it's a serious reflection of people's behaviors or personalities to like her like some edgelords on this forum. I'm just making a comparison that it would be a huge degree of moral dissonance to reward Sylvie in any way.

topkek. It's not like I'm acting like it's a serious reflection of people's behaviors or personalities to like her like some edgelords on this forum. I'm just making a comparison that it would be a huge degree of moral dissonance to reward Sylvie in any way.
    yea.. Comparing a non existant bunch of pixels to a real happened atrocity and you go "haha is funny because lol this forum" and you defend it.. topkek indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    yea.. Comparing a non existant bunch of pixels to a real happened atrocity and you go "haha is funny because lol this forum" and you defend it.. topkek indeed.
    It's called allegory. Just because something doesn't share the actual weight doesn't mean that comparisons can't be drawn. I'm not comparing the actual weight of the actions in terms of real-world effect, obviously - that's limited to "lol this forum", because it's quite frankly true that people have a hilarious amount of emotional overinvestment in these pixels - but you're clearly having trouble understanding the concept of framing something with a real-world counterpart for the sake of establishing what, exactly, the situation is.

It's called allegory. Just because something doesn't share the actual weight doesn't mean that comparisons can't be drawn. I'm not comparing the actual weight of the actions in terms of real-world effect, obviously - that's limited to "lol this forum", because it's quite frankly true that people have a hilarious amount of emotional overinvestment in these pixels - but you're clearly having trouble understanding the concept of framing something with a real-world counterpart for the sake of establishing what, exactly, the situation is.
    Claiming others have emotional investment.. Calls Sylvanas Hitler. Hmmmm

I can see both the Arbiter and Jailer dying and Sylvanas and Arthas taking their place as Shadowlands Judge and Maw Jailer.

Not that I want that but it would leave them technically available for future content just like Illidan.

Sylvanas should be the Jailer of the Jailer of the Jailer of the Damned.

5+ Year Old Account
    Clean Death.

Shortly said, but that's all she deserves. Then Arbiter would deal with her soul properly because this is way too crazy now. Oh, and please don't put her to Bastion, I don't want her there. Forest would be better, there are juicy mushrooms and basically everything she needs.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-05-23 at 12:50 AM.

Sylvanas should be her own rare mount drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Me too. It would be far more interesting if she remembered everything. But would that be a curse like burden instead of a reward? The psyche pressure on original Sylvanas would be enormous.

If Sylvanas was reborn Kyrian instead but without losing her knowledge. That would be the best result I think.
    She would just not act in their will then similar to what Uther did. This accomplishes nothing. Maybe have her mind there but locked away so she observes her reincarnation working as a Kyrian but be unable to control any of it?