Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Try to remember they dug their own grave with this cloning fiasco. Could have been an easy transition from Vanilla to TBC and just a duplicate server for people wanting to play that. Nobody asked for AH closing, IF/ELSE cloning services, 24h unredeemable marks in the mailbox etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    how is it worse then WoD launch again? :P
    It isnt, its just cool to exaggerated to hopefully get people more upset then they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    In all fairness, i can completely understand that the 2week prepatch has alot of players who planned to reroll dranei/bloodelf feeling alittle stressed, even moreso now when they have already planned for reaching 60 in two weeks and find themselves losing a day (or possibly more) time from that plan.

The problem here is ofc the two weeks prepatch, it shoudlve been longer... 4weeks or fucking 8 weeks. I don't see any benefits in stressing players out for no reason on a re-released 15year old game. If they werent ready until today then why would they unessicarily stress themselves with setting such a short notice launch date?

This is just bad planning on blizzards part and critique against them is totally justified.
    Quarterly reports and MAU > the player experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Try to remember they dug their own grave with this cloning fiasco. Could have been an easy transition from Vanilla to TBC and just a duplicate server for people wanting to play that. Nobody asked for AH closing, IF/ELSE cloning services, 24h unredeemable marks in the mailbox etc.
    Can't milk that as easily. So that was never an option.

Just wait until we get the authentic TBC experience with servers crashing on a daily basis. Nothing worse than being in a dungeon and noticing half your guild going offline as the Outland server goes down, although knowing that a full wipe and having to release to the graveyard would result in you being booted from the game for a few hours really tended to focus the group.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we are at the point where asking the magic 8-ball when you can login and play prepatch is a much safer bet than their time estimates.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's the pre patch... not the launch itself. So I don't see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    you want your ...

uhh...

*maths* 15/month comes to .50 a day, 2/3 cause you're not playing Classic Era or TBC Classic... Carry the 5, divide by zero, multiply by the square root of two...

Pester Blizzard about your missing 33 cents,
    33 cents is nothing, but remember that millions of player were stolen game-time. Suddenly 33 cents turn into 1 Million $. All about the perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    In old times they credited accounts with time during maintenance. Now? Not so much.
    they gave away free gametime if game was unplayable for days, not hours...

OP is apparently unaware of how much goes on in the background of any product launch day. I wish I was still so naive that I could be angry at them for spending a little bit of extra time making sure everything is working.

It's easier to make sure there's no significant bugs (e.g. server crashing due to a code issue) when people aren't online than it is to deal with it during uptime. 1 angry voice in a sea of patience is better than 1 calm voice in a sea of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    OP is apparently unaware of how much goes on in the background of any product launch day. I wish I was still so naive that I could be angry at them for spending a little bit of extra time making sure everything is working.

It's easier to make sure there's no significant bugs (e.g. server crashing due to a code issue) when people aren't online than it is to deal with it during uptime. 1 angry voice in a sea of patience is better than 1 calm voice in a sea of rage.
    they could have just tested it on their internal servers or some shit. Also im 100% sure the issues are caused by the char duplication thing, items, ah, mailboxes basically everything that nobody asked for and they messed it up themselves. no excuses

10+ Year Old Account
    Not up there with WoD. I couldn't get into WoD for 3 days lol. It hasn't been 24 hours yet. Also its a pre-patch not a launch.

Deep breaths people, chill... go outside look at the beautiful world. Best graphics ever out there... gameplay sucks though.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-05-19 at 12:12 PM.

you should work in IT and tell us how often you can launch a software without any issues even if you had a long testing phase

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Blizzard should be ashamed of themselves. I do feel sorry for those who took time off of their jobs to experience nostalgia again. It may partially be your fault but Blizzard should've tested this WAYYYY before deciding the prepatch to launch this week. We're now getting this patch a whole -day- later in 2021.

Blizzard has been messing up in several areas lately. What the absolute hell is going on with MGMT?
    Easy to say typing behind a keyboard lol. Go back to retail if you're going to cry like a baby.

There are certain things Blizzard should have had done prior to the patch yesterday. While I'm sure they did do many things prior to the TBC prep, there's all these added things they should've had done as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they only let you do all the "Stay in Classic or go to TBC" (and all the other "New" features from Classic TBC (that wasn't present in the vanilla TBC launch) yesterday? If so, it seems like many of these things could've been done prior to it to lessen the pounding everything took yesterday. Clone your character? That's fine, it'll be exactly as it was on TBC launch day as it was two weeks ago when you paid for the service, any progression/money you made afterwards stays in Classic though. The list of possibilities goes on and on. But it feels like they just let it all happen at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    But it's the pre patch... not the launch itself. So I don't see your point.
    This is the launch smart ass, all they need to do is flick the portal open and gg.

No. It is not "worst" than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    This is the launch smart ass, all they need to do is flick the portal open and gg.
    No, this is the pre-patch. Yes, they could flick the portal open, but it's still the pre-patch.
    Literally working exactly like any other pre-patch in the past (except the character data copying), just that you can create b11 and draenei now, not having to wait till release.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Imagine throwing a tantrum over a 2 hours delay...boy that says way more about OP than it does about blizz.
    If that caused a tantrum, I'm surprised they didn't have a stroke during WoD. Back then, my main character was stuck under garrison's floor for a week. But I guess that maintenance being delayed by couple hours is much worse. After all, the math checks out: 2 > 168.

The prepatch doesn't even have any real content.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Outrage culture at its finest... they have an unexpected error, which, you know, can happen....

They fix it and tell us about what happend. People bitch...

Be happy they did it two weeks before launch. This is just the freaking prepatch you have a few hours less on.
    If you are THIS invested and agitated by a bit longer maintanace i would say you should think about the way you consume wow and take a step back, take a deep breath and maybe read a book or go for a walk. Maybe even stop playing for a few weeks. Just to get a healthy perspective again.