Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    just like that evidence that if rich people aren't absurdly rich they would die or something?
    He's a zealot. In his mind he believes he's right...and everyone is wrong. There's no arguing with this kind of person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Wow, this all over again:
    I took your words literally.

If you don't like it, then don't type them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He's a zealot. In his mind he believes he's right...and everyone is wrong. There's no arguing with this kind of person.
    Great, maybe you can find his evidence for him.

I'll give you the same 24 hours.

Otherwise, I'll take tat as an admission that you are the liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I took your words literally.

If you don't like it, then don't type them.
    Wow, this again:

You seem to misunderstand... likely on purpose. I cannot really help you with that,
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Wow, this again:
    Oh, I'm well aware of what you really want, to punish people for being wealthy. That' what I construed... how did I do?

I'll give you 24 hours.
    am I supposed to take this as a threat?

Oh, I'm well aware of what you really want, to punish people for being wealthy. That' what I construed... how did I do?
    Poorly:

You seem to misunderstand... likely on purpose. I cannot really help you with that,

I'm having too much fun.

Wow, this again:
    He always make demands of others...to deflect away from the fact that he can't provide ANYTHING to prove or even support his argument...even just a little.
    Like every libertarian...he's a waste of time.

am I supposed to take this as a threat?
    I'm simply calling you out on a baseless claim.

I have no doubt you will ignore it, proving you to be the liar.

Wow, this again:
    I love it when people use "literally" in the completely wrong way.

He always make demands of others...to deflect away from the fact that he can't provide ANYTHING to prove or even support his argument...even just a little.
    Like every libertarian...he's a waste of time.
    You seem to oppose intellectual honesty. he made a direct claim, and I called for evidence.

Good luck!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Poorly:
    So, should I have taken you literally when you said:

Sure isn't. Eat shit.

How much more should they pay?

The Propublica article you presented was SPECIFICALLY ABOUT WEALTH.
    Enough to erase the US infrastructure deficit would be a start. They’ll make it back later.

It’s about taxation. It does highlight how the wealthy are better at avoiding taxation but it’s not actually about wealth.

I don't understand this @Machismo has always been consistent in his view though we don't agree on them. My main problem with Libertarianism is that there really isn't a country or model that would show it would work because the closest thing that exist to it are anarchist countries. It's fine to say "limited" government and "individual liberty" but it seems very hard to find that balance without falling into complete chaos where you have warlords running territories mad max style.

I'm simply calling you out on a baseless claim.

I have no doubt you will ignore it, proving you to be the liar.
    just like the baseless claim that if the rich are taxed more they suddenly become oppressed. glad we finally agree that your argument is absurd. progress!

Now, let's get this back on topic. I get that people love to hate me, but this is actually a topic that should be discussed.

The Propublica article is trying to tie wealth in as a means to justify increasing taxation on those people. However, as we see, this sets a dangerous precedent of taxing a 401k, even before a person actually pulls money out. It's even more than that, taxing people for owning a baseball card that goes up in value over time. Imagine deciding that someone needed to be taxed more, because they have a comic book collection that they bought 20 years ago, and keep in their basement.

So, should I have taken you literally when you said:
    Oh, absolutely. Taxation isn't punishment. Let me know when you figure out what context these statements are being made within. But wait, you already know what context these statements are being made within, and we're left here again:

Edit:
    Now, let's get this back on topic. I get that people love to hate me, but this is actually a topic that should be discussed.

The Propublica article is trying to tie wealth in as a means to justify increasing taxation on those people. However, as we see, this sets a dangerous precedent of taxing a 401k, even before a person actually pulls money out. It's even more than that, taxing people for owning a baseball card that goes up in value over time. Imagine deciding that someone needed to be taxed more, because they have a comic book collection that they bought 20 years ago, and keep in their basement.
    We've been on topic this entire time. It's the context these statements are being made within.

Edit x2: Talking about comic book collections when we're talking about the 25 wealthiest people in the US is off topic.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2021-06-09 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't understand this @Machismo has always been consistent in his view though we don't agree on them. My main problem with Libertarianism is that there really isn't a country or model that would show it would work because the closest thing that exist to it are anarchist countries. It's fine to say "limited" government and "individual liberty" but it seems very hard to find that balance without falling into complete chaos where you have warlords running territories mad max style.
    these are people that think Immoton Joe was the good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Enough to erase the US infrastructure deficit would be a start. They’ll make it back later.

It’s about taxation. It does highlight how the wealthy are better at avoiding taxation but it’s not actually about wealth.
    Except, the entire article is disingenuous, as it points to their wealth as the focus.

Their income shows them to be paying 20-35% of their income, which isn't outside the norm for wealthy people.

I'm having too much fun.
    Then the anarchist and libertarian thread

And this closed thread should prove entertaining.

Oh, absolutely. Taxation isn't punishment. Let me know when you figure out what context these statements are being made within. But wait, you already know what context these statements are being made within, and we're left here again:
    It's good to now that you think taxation isn't punishment.

It's also good to know that 99% taxation is taxation, by definition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's why I have specifically called for small, slow changes. People seem to think I want to institute the fucking Roman Arenas tomorrow. Nah, I'd just like to cut some spending, slim the role of government, and perhaps look at regulations, and decide if they are actually necessary. After seeing the absurdity that is the Texas car regulations one would think it a good thing to do.

- - - Updated - - -

just like the baseless claim that if the rich are taxed more they suddenly become oppressed. glad we finally agree that your argument is absurd. progress!
    I'm still waiting on your evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:

We've been on topic this entire time. It's the context these statements are being made within.

Edit x2: Talking about comic book collections when we're talking about the 25 wealthiest people in the US is off topic.
    It's not off topic, it's pointing to the desire to tax people for the things they've acquired through the years, and not just their income.