Page 9 of 172 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You guys are wasting your time. When it comes to the elitist wealthy, Machismo has always been on the GOP's side of the argument, championing their defense against fair taxation.
    '
    As far as I can tell, he's not even on the GOP's side. He's on the anarchist's side. Apparently the only tax regime that's not punishment is 0% taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So you're a climate change AND sweatshop denialist now too, huh?
    You admitted you are the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    does what? exactly?
    Chooses to oppress you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You should probably eat the rich...
    You're full of amazing ideas today.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are wasting your time. When it comes to the elitist wealthy, Machismo has always been on the GOP's side of the argument, championing their defense against fair taxation.
    He has flaunted his money here before. He has never seen any kind of oppression, and is definitely among the "I mean it's one banana, what could it cost, 10 dollars?".
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I have always been a capitalist.. should this surprise you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Chooses to oppress you.
    Oh no, nobody better take away some of my billions if I ever gain 10+ billion dollar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Which is the funny part about the whole thing to me. In my mind it's like if your engine pooled too much oil in the wrong places, so you redesigned it a bit to make sure the oil flow was even and appropriate. But it's made out to be this huge moral issue where of course they had every right to squeeze every penny out of the world around them. That was their right, but if we try to squeeze back to aid our floundering society, we're punishing them.
    I'd give this a read if you have the time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalist_Realism

Capitalist realism propagates an idea of the post-political, in which the fall of the Soviet Union both solidified capitalism as the only effective political-economic system and removed the question of capitalism's dissolution from any political consideration. This has subverted the arena of political discussion from one in which capitalism is one of many potential means of operating an economy, to one in which political considerations operate solely within the confines of the capitalist system. Similarly, within the frame of capitalist realism, mainstream anti-capitalist movements shifted away from promoting alternative systems and toward mitigating capitalism's worst effects.

Capitalist realism does not assert that capitalism is a perfect system, but instead that it is the only system that can operate in a means compatible with human nature and economic law. By promoting the idea that innate human desire is only compatible with capitalism, any other system that is not based on the personal accumulation of wealth and capital is seen as counter to human nature and, by extension, impossible to implement.
    Basically, we live in a society that has been conditioned to view a very 20th century view of social and economic behavior as the only viable means of organizing said society. Things are only starting to change because we've reached such a low point in people's actual material conditions that they're going "hey, maybe capitalism kind of sucks, actually."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    He has flaunted his money here before. He has never seen any kind of oppression, and is definitely among the "I mean it's one banana, what could it cost, 10 dollars?".
    And with his young age, its clear he is probably a trust fund kid.

He does not see it as taking away money from other people, he sees it as taking away from his parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    You admitted you are the problem.
    I don't own the companies doing those things and making it difficult if not impossible to use alternatives, though.

There are levels of culpability. I suggest watching The Good Place if it's a novel concept.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I certainly didn't always have money.

Just because I'm not the victim of oppression, doesn't mean I'm going to stand by and watch as people try to do it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    ' As far as I can tell, he's not even on the GOP's side. He's on the anarchist's side. Apparently the only tax regime that's not punishment is 0% taxes.
    Hmm.. Here's the the anarchists and libertarians thread where he shows his true embarrassing colors. Just put him on ignore. You'll thank me for it. Because all he'll do is troll you with passive agressive bullshit because all he has is a losing argument.

Chooses to oppress you.
    yeah we all know you fantasize about having Jeff Bezos step on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been a capitalist.. should this surprise you?
    So are most welfare states, but none of them have a flat tax rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    It's pretty easy to understand why no sane government in the world taxes wealth growth. It's a quicker way to ruining your economy than printing a trillion dollar bills every day and handing them out.
    Cool, give them exemptions if they reinvest said wealth into pay raises or things which are actually publicly beneficial.

Otherwise it's just trickle down nonsense.

I don't own the companies doing those things and making it difficult if not impossible to use alternatives, though.

There are levels of culpability. I suggest watching The Good Place if it's a novel concept.
    But, you do give them money, and quite literally support them.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, you do give them money, and quite literally support them.
    The alternative being not eating or wearing clothes. Right.

Man, libertarianism sure is a realistic ideology with a lot of real world applications. /s

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    yeah we all know you fantasize about having Jeff Bezos step on you.
    You seem to misunderstand... likely on purpose. I cannot really help you with that,

- - - Updated - - -

The alternative being not eating or wearing clothes. Right.

Man, libertarianism sure is a realistic ideology with a lot of real world applications. /s
    Once again, trying to justify your support doesn't change the fact you do indeed support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, trying to justify your support doesn't change the fact you do indeed support it.
    Yes, which is why I am an advocate for the systemic changes that would stop such practices.

Billionaires are not. See the difference? Given that you're seriously making an argument to the effect of that choosing to eat is supporting billionaires therefore it's hypocritical to support taxation, probably not.

Just to repeat; Hmm.. Here's the the anarchists and libertarians thread where he shows his true embarrassing colors.

Just put him on ignore. You'll thank me for it. Because all he'll do is troll you with passive agressive bullshit because all he has is a losing argument.

You seem to misunderstand... likely on purpose. I cannot really help you with that,
    Wow, I sure haven't seen anyone deliberately misunderstand/misconstrue things in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..