Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I see what you mean.. the thing is it's hard to tell because they never tell a continuous story. Maiev could have been going back and forth, unless the book says she didn't.

the Wardens do establish the vault after WC3 - or at last I think they did, preusmably after her disagreement with Tyrande, they establish it there. i don't nkow the lore of the Vault of the Wardens, was it htere all thoguhout hte long vigil/ It seems very grand and ancient, yet, the night elves of Kalidmro didn't leave to go south of Ashenvale (very rare excpetionsonce every few generations of Tauren, and the war of the shifting sands -where the only way the lore in Feralas can be maintained is if they sailed or
    No she did not go and came back the book is all about her trip and more than once she says she has no troops and that is why she recruits Dranei. If she could come back she wouldn't make 100% sense of that plot.

Sit on the goof. The bobeda has been around since before W3. There were the most dangerous prisoners. Only Illidian was too dangerous to move. (Although surely the second is Maiev in his delusions)

You will think that if that is there it does not make sense. The whole Maiev Story of the W3 is incore now.
    Well no. It doesn't make sense and W3R had to fix that bug but good quality Blizzard.
    so not all the sounds of Las Wardens en legion themselves are "empty". It is just design without a real Lore background.

We'll have to give humans a section though, they are the biggest alliance members, just not sure what it would look like.
    NO

Humanity did anything for the Kaldorei and has to be represented.
    The only thing you have to have is a postman who brings news from Anduin so that each of the Leaders can burn it in front of him. Then he gives it to Genn and responds something like "Thanks to Elune that no Kaldorei read these letters" and he burns it too.

----
    Well the Wardens are not Rogues. They are a weird thing but they are allied to the Watchers and the Watchers are an entire military unit (Even Druid has) Separating Watcher and Wardens by class sounds bad idae to me.

It would be fun to have Watcher and Sentinels competing.

About the rest I like but. The Dranei are not the Kaldorei's greatest allies. Those are the Warguens.
    What if the Kaldorei and Dranei worked many times together. So if a sona where they share tradition would be good at some time. But with that Velen no longer has so much faith in the Light.
    I mean Maiev and Velen spend the whole legion "chatting" XD.

@Tanaria
    True although your comment makes me skip one thing. Should the renegades be precedent in a new Sivermoon? (With this clear perfume. A lot of perfume)

@cirdanx Knack made the Kaldorei stop being Amazons to focus on male pjs.

W3 >>>>> Kanack> WoW

PD: Diadra == Daughter of Cenarius
    Last edited by geco; 2021-06-21 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Well, the long vigil, as far as i understand it, was more of a restructuring their society following the sundering and them throwing out the high elves and thus building a new life for them. Please point out with source where it say it´s because they take responsibility of the Legion. That doesn´t make even sense, as the survivors had hardly anything to do with it and fought against them.
    It was not at all, read what the lore says. A vigil is a watch. They are watching for the Legion. Not once in the lore does it say the night elves did this for or wanted to restructure their society - that's fans re-interpreting those events while ignoring the very obvious reason.

The massive threat was the Legion's return.. the Well of Eternity the only source of magic capable of summoning them and whose power signature would give Azeroth away in the twisting Nether.. this is why it is hidden by growing Nordrassil, it's magical signature is disguised - you are looking for arcane magic but you can't find it, the tree is hiding it sitting atop it, it regulates it.

The night elves commit to this long vigil. Because the arcane is banned, and it is banned to prevent the Legion from returning. Not to restructure their society. Their society doesn't restructure. The arcane practice stops so all the things that require it, like building and repair cities, many of the jobs, like mage and provisions that were gained through it stop, night elves continue in their druidic culture which was always there in the pre-sundering era too, but just not that common around the time of the invasion, because the empire was driven by the city dwellers, not the forest dwellers, and without an empire there was nothing.

Also note that the point of the long vigil was not to re-establish their civilization or their lives.. it was to watch out ofr the legion, adn that is all they did.

See what it says? Night elves changed lives changed because they stopped using the arcane for spells and living normal lives because of this Long vigil to prevent the demons from returning..Without the magic, many of the methods and things they used it for had to find alternatives. Going into isolation also meant many things that they would need to do as a civilziaiton, they would no longer do - What this means is that when the Legion returns in WC3, the long vigil ends, and so night elves will pick up the parts of their society they dropped behind, when arcane returns to, the means to do many more things will accompany it - and continue many of hte missing parts of their lives missing in the long vigil

the night elves return to civilization life and life with arcane magic - you need to understand why it was absent form this group for 10k years, to understand why it would return. It' didn't happen to restructure their culture or to ban civilization. It happened because of the Long Vigil to stop the demons returning. Now that assignment is over, other aspects night elves that had stopped would start again - and this is EXACTLY what the developers show us - they build cities, they start using arcane magic, the ways they use to live in the pre-sundering era return -ofc they would.. the vigil is over.

This is because these things are needed, and night elves are no longer committed to full time military duty. Lives start up again, bringing up a civilziation, trade, interacting with other races. Isolation is over, military duty is over.

They didn't abandon these things because they were bad beautiful cities, growing civilization, military, economy, academies, magic - this is not what was wrong with the pre-sundering era.. the pre-sundering era was them at their best. What destroyed it was the Legion. Because a few at the top, lost control. It wasn't the beautiful buildings or having cities, or having magic.. it's the attitude that spawned out of addiction.. over using magic, forgetting balance, and ultimately going out of control. but it's the legion that was the big threat.. Do you think these people would stop magic because some people got addicted? They'd fix the addiction and continue. Why would they stop civilization that was done so well? o It was not civilization or cities that were a bad thing, nor what destroyed them, it was the legion brought on by arrogance and addiction. So they would hate arrogance, addiction and the Legion.

The night elves are not the “good” guys. WotA actually shows that well. And as much shit some “lore fans” give the Knaak books, they did more for NE lore than Blizzard ever did.

Also, if we are within the extended lore, the Legion didn´t destroy everything, the dragon soul as well as the old gods played their role. It also explained very well why they didn´t “like” magic.
    Well the night elves were both the good guys and the bad guys, most night elves were good, but their leader in her palace and her court were not good in the end. But they started off good and became corrupt and evil with power.

I wouldn´t even count on getting anything that resembles a city in the near future. They haven´t touched Silvermoon in 14 years. With the new start zone, I don´t see them going back and redoing much. I don´t think they care.
    Night elves did not abandon cities because Queen Azshara went bad.. they aren't that dumb. The cities were destroyed first by the legion, then finished off by the sundering, the survivors that fled to Hyjal, stopped practising arcane magic because it would call the legion.. Arcane magic is what they needed to rebuild their cities. Also they committed themselves to the Long vigil, so they isolated themselves - this means they decided to instead work with the Dragonflights, and wild gods to prevent the legion returning instead of building their society.

this is why the high elves ultimately ended up leaving. They tried to convince the night elven leadership that it was time to start moving forward again, start using the arcane again to rebuild what was lost and strengthen themselves, they said no, it was too dangerous, , they said no, the magic could be used without drawing the legion, - druids said no, too risky. They tried to force hte issue and prove it, but being out of practice the storm they summoned went out of control, by doing that magic they people lost lives and they broke the ban, and were exiled for it.

it was not because night elves didn't want cities or didn't want to use magic, it's because they were doing the long vigil and it was forbidden to practice the arcane magic because of the grave danger of bringing back the legion.

I DO want to say that I really appreciate your enthusiasm for Night Elves, takes me back to better times. But I wouldn´t expect much from Blizzard.
    Sometimes they surprise us, sadly it happens too rarely for us.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-06-21 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    @cirdanx Knack made the Kaldorei stop being Amazons to focus on male pjs.

W3 >>>>> Kanack> WoW
    I can see the Amazon comparison, but saying Knaak made them focus in male characters is...well nonsense. Even Amazons need males. Not to mention that Tyrande had a good spotlight and never mind Azshara.

Also if you go like “WC3>>>>>Knaak “ what is that even supposed to mean? The lore in WC3 was rather thin, most of it came later. And since Richard wrote 9 books for Warcraft, I would still say that he had more influence on the lore than some devs. Or other writers who don´t give a shit at all like Golden.

I wouldn´t even count on getting anything that resembles a city in the near future. They haven´t touched Silvermoon in 14 years. With the new start zone, I don´t see them going back and redoing much. I don´t think they care.

I DO want to say that I really appreciate your enthusiasm for Night Elves, takes me back to better times. But I wouldn´t expect much from Blizzard.
    I've been telling him that, we need an update, they recently did Suramar, Zin'Azshari, Nar'thalas - etc they got loadsa stuff.. if they do them a city, cut and past e from those.

But do a proper city for blood elves.

I can see the Amazon comparison, but saying Knaak made them focus in male characters is...well nonsense. Even Amazons need males. Not to mention that Tyrande had a good spotlight and never mind Azshara.

Also if you go like “WC3>>>>>Knaak “ what is that even supposed to mean? The lore in WC3 was rather thin, most of it came later. And since Richard wrote 9 books for Warcraft, I would still say that he had more influence on the lore than some devs. Or other writers who don´t give a shit at all like Golden.
    Not really. The elves in W3 had an atmosphere and a lore that neither Kanack nor WoW respected at all.

All things count, not just what is written. Kanack writes in any case a story that he does not match with the W3. Where he has to eliminate Maiev to be able to tell the story in addition to two Pj that has nothing to do with it. In his hands Tyrande is basically useless (more than normal). Not counting some personality jumps.

If Kanack had much more influence. Usually when Fans talk about going back to the Kaldorei from W3. It would be the Kaldorei before Kanack.

I mean, Kanack gave us a description of the Kaldorei empire. That which they abandoned 10,000 years ago. Then he has Wolfheart who is almost no longer a cannon in terms of Kaldorei things.
    He describes Jarold to us. That he's a character that he seems to be conscientiously trying to ignore.
    Tyrande is described as something that is not Tyrande. (A Tyrande that then 10,000 years passed and changed completely)
    And they give us a little more background on the origins of Malfurion and Illidian. (But we already knew).
    He didn't really contribute anything.

If @ravenmoon's dream comes true. There just Kanack would have contributed something to the Kaldorei.

PS: To give an idae of how much I contribute to the Kaldorei. Kanack gave us suramar. But no living Kaldorei seems to care in the least about Suramar.

PS2: Seriously if you talk about Kaldorei 80% of the time you are talking about W3. All his important characters were presented there and all his important conflicts as well.

It was not at all, read what the lore says. A vigil is a watch. They are watching for the Legion. Not once in the lore does it say the night elves did this for or wanted to restructure their society - that's fans re-interpreting those events while ignoring the very obvious reason.
    That is your interpretation.

You are correct that a vigil is a watch, but one sleeps (the druids) and the other watches, there is nothing that suggest that they did it this just because of the legion or some misplaced sense of guilt.

Again, point me where it says their vigil is because of the legion, it certainly isn´t the case in WotA.

The massive threat was the Legion's return.. the Well of Eternity the only source of magic capable of summoning them and whose power signature would give Azeroth away in the twisting Nether.. this is why it is hidden by growing Nordrassil, it's magical signature is disguised - you are looking for arcane magic but you can't find it, the tree is hiding it sitting atop it, it regulates it.
    There was nothing hidden, where does it say that? Source?

The night elves commit to this long vigil. Because the arcane is banned, and it is banned to prevent the Legion from returning. Not to restructure their society. Their society doesn't restructure. The arcane practice stops so all the things that require it, like building and repair cities, many of the jobs, like mage and provisions that were gained through it stop, night elves continue in their druidic culture which was always there in the pre-sundering era too, but just not that common around the time of the invasion, because the empire was driven by the city dwellers, not the forest dwellers, and without an empire there was nothing.

Also note that the point of the long vigil was not to re-establish their civilization or their lives.. it was to watch out ofr the legion, adn that is all they did.
    Again source, where does it say that despite fanfiction? It´s lore that the NE didnt want the arcane around them because what happened. But the rest is fanfiction in your mind.

See what it says? Night elves changed lives changed because they stopped using the arcane for spells and living normal lives because of this Long vigil to prevent the demons from returning..Without the magic, many of the methods and things they used it for had to find alternatives. Going into isolation also meant many things that they would need to do as a civilziaiton, they would no longer do - What this means is that when the Legion returns in WC3, the long vigil ends, and so night elves will pick up the parts of their society they dropped behind, when arcane returns to, the means to do many more things will accompany it - and continue many of hte missing parts of their lives missing in the long vigil
    I see what it says, maybe you should read it, because nowhere does it mention anything about your vigil fanfiction or anything else for that matter. It´s quit simple.

the night elves return to civilization life and life with arcane magic - you need to understand why it was absent form this group for 10k years, to understand why it would return. It' didn't happen to restructure their culture or to ban civilization. It happened because of the Long Vigil to stop the demons returning. Now that assignment is over, other aspects night elves that had stopped would start again - and this is EXACTLY what the developers show us - they build cities, they start using arcane magic, the ways they use to live in the pre-sundering era return -ofc they would.. the vigil is over.

This is because these things are needed, and night elves are no longer committed to full time military duty. Lives start up again, bringing up a civilziation, trade, interacting with other races. Isolation is over, military duty is over.

They didn't abandon these things because they were bad beautiful cities, growing civilization, military, economy, academies, magic - this is not what was wrong with the pre-sundering era.. the pre-sundering era was them at their best. What destroyed it was the Legion. Because a few at the top, lost control. It wasn't the beautiful buildings or having cities, or having magic.. it's the attitude that spawned out of addiction.. over using magic, forgetting balance, and ultimately going out of control. but it's the legion that was the big threat.. Do you think these people would stop magic because some people got addicted? They'd fix the addiction and continue. Why would they stop civilization that was done so well? o It was not civilization or cities that were a bad thing, nor what destroyed them, it was the legion brought on by arrogance and addiction. So they would hate arrogance, addiction and the Legion.
    Yeah, that maybe true in your head, but its fanfiction. Nothing happened because of some vigil you think exists. There is no “vigil” except for their own safety which went away in WC3. There is NO magic in NE society until Blizzard put it back because of faction balance and not a subject of “what I think”

Night elves did not abandon cities because Queen Azshara went bad.. they aren't that dumb. The cities were destroyed first by the legion, then finished off by the sundering, the survivors that fled to Hyjal, stopped practising arcane magic because it would call the legion.. Arcane magic is what they needed to rebuild their cities. Also they committed themselves to the Long vigil, so they isolated themselves - this means they decided to instead work with the Dragonflights, and wild gods to prevent the legion returning instead of building their society.

this is why the high elves ultimately ended up leaving. They tried to convince the night elven leadership that it was time to start moving forward again, start using the arcane again to rebuild what was lost and strengthen themselves, they said no, it was too dangerous, , they said no, the magic could be used without drawing the legion, - druids said no, too risky. They tried to force hte issue and prove it, but being out of practice the storm they summoned went out of control, by doing that magic they people lost lives and they broke the ban, and were exiled for it.

it was not because night elves didn't want cities or didn't want to use magic, it's because they were doing the long vigil and it was forbidden to practice the arcane magic because of the grave danger of bringing back the legion.

Sometimes they surprise us, sadly it happens too rarely for us.
    That has nothing to do with being dumb, it was war, quit a big one mind you.

They stopped arcane because they didn´t trust it, NOT because it WOULD call the legion, that doesn´t even make any fucking sense whatsoever.

And why the hell would they need arcane magic to build cities? They have druids ffs.

I have to reconsider, as nice as it is to see a NE lore fan, you have no idea and you life more of fanfiction in your head rather than what is known. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. The elves in W3 had an atmosphere and a lore that neither Kanack nor WoW respected at all.

All things count, not just what is written. Kanack writes in any case a story that he does not match with the W3. Where he has to eliminate Maiev to be able to tell the story in addition to two Pj that has nothing to do with it. In his hands Tyrande is basically useless (more than normal). Not counting some personality jumps.

If Kanack had much more influence. Usually when Fans talk about going back to the Kaldorei from W3. It would be the Kaldorei before Kanack.

I mean, Kanack gave us a description of the Kaldorei empire. That which they abandoned 10,000 years ago. Then he has Wolfheart who is almost no longer a cannon in terms of Kaldorei things.
    He describes Jarold to us. That he's a character that he seems to be conscientiously trying to ignore.
    Tyrande is described as something that is not Tyrande. (A Tyrande that then 10,000 years passed and changed completely)
    And they give us a little more background on the origins of Malfurion and Illidian. (But we already knew).
    He didn't really contribute anything.

If @ravenmoon's dream comes true. There just Kanack would have contributed something to the Kaldorei.

PS: To give an idae of how much I contribute to the Kaldorei. Kanack gave us suramar. But no living Kaldorei seems to care in the least about Suramar.

PS2: Seriously if you talk about Kaldorei 80% of the time you are talking about W3. All his important characters were presented there and all his important conflicts as well.
    I´m a little bit shocked.
    WC1+2 were Orcs against humans.
    Warcraft 3 NE? Not much lore, and why should there be any, it´s a fucking RTS, it was very limited.

THE lore came with WoW and it´s books that Blizzard ordered.

Where is your Kaldorei lore in WC3? There isn´t that much. Backstory etc for most races where done later in books and WoW.

That shouldn´t diminsh the work they did with story telling in WC3.

And your “feeling” what NE should be in WC3 are...well...your feelings, I have played that game plenty and I never got the “feeling” that they got it wrong in WoW. It´s pretty much layed out what they were.

I like that with Knaak, what fans? Who are these people who think that there was much NE lore before Knaak? You are aware that back then Blizzard cared more than they do now? The original creators? That they sure as hell were aware what he wrote? You know there is a statue from a certain Orc in Ashenvale?

Serisously, the examples which you put forward are not an issue with Knaak, it´s a problem with Blizzard nowdays because the new devs have no attention spawn. Or rather they dont care. Take your pick. It´s not the fault of an author if they stop careing and retconing as much as they want years later.

My point is, that Knaak, and Blizzard (read Metzen etc) back then, added with his books more lore to the game than anything that came after, nowdays, they are just retconing and making shit up, breaking their own lore/universe to a degree where even your average player goes like “what is that shit”.

And if anyone, including @ravenmoon thinks that this is going to end well for the game or rather your favourite race, you are in for a big surprise. They could make a new Elven empire and it would make no sense and would be badly done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that they have a universal starting experience, I think your best bet at getting a new capital city for the night elves or Forsaken, or any of the old races, would be if they can find a way to actually integrate it into the story of a new expansion as a hub city or, at least, a megadungeon/raid.

That's becoming difficult with us running out of known regions of Azeroth to explore. What's left? The Dragon Isles, but that's about it. They could obviously create new continents, and I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to create a whole undiscovered "new world" on the other hemisphere of Azeroth. But that's not necessarily something that would work for the existing races.

Our best shot at getting a new night elf or Forsaken city would be for them to actually set the next expansion entirely or partially in the Eastern Kingdom or Kalimdor, and overhaul some of the zones. I just don't think that's likely to happen at this point.

@cirdanx
    W3 gave us:
    to Maiev, Malfurion, Illidian, Tyrande and all relationships between these 4.
    What are "Amazonas"
    His connection with the forest.
    Their mounts and animals.
    His conflict with the nagas.
    His style of skin.
    To the elderly.
    His conflict with the Nagas.
    His conflict with the Orcs.
    Its architecture.
    The concept of Suramar destroyed.
    Azhara.
    Vash.
    His relationship with the Furblog and forest animals.
    Elune.
    His affiliation at night.
    The Wardens.
    And I'm sure something is missing.

What did Kanack of the Kaldorei give us?
    Jarold.
    Jarold's Master.
    Suramar "alive".
    Let's say background to Azhara.

What is used in WoW or other Kaldori stories?
    Azhara.

Kanack told you 2 stories at most. But they are not relevant to Lore Kaldorei or that you already knew.

For another more direct example but with another author. Read Illidian's novel. Maiev does not contribute anything and is 50% of the novel.
    Because in all the Novel it is the same Maiev from W3 without evolution or anything. (Although we can contribute that you rest what Kanack did.)

PS: I put it like this. If you play only W3 you can understand the Kaldorei quite well.
    If you only read Knack No.

Yeah, that maybe true in your head, but its fanfiction. Nothing happened because of some vigil you think exists. There is no “vigil” except for their own safety which went away in WC3. There is NO magic in NE society until Blizzard put it back because of faction balance and not a subject of “what I think”

Ah, don't shoot me for responding with what I know. If you're going to make a statement that the night elves did what they did in the long vigil because they were re-structuring their society, and i take the time to point out to you what the lore says that tell you that is not the case - and you reply the explanation is fan fiction - then do your own research, and you want to conclude pigs fly from it. knock yourself out hun.

I'll reply more later

- - - Updated - - -

@cirdanx
    W3 gave us:
    to Maiev, Malfurion, Illidian, Tyrande and all relationships between these 4.
    What are "Amazonas"
    His connection with the forest.
    Their mounts and animals.
    His conflict with the nagas.
    His style of skin.
    To the elderly.
    His conflict with the Nagas.
    His conflict with the Orcs.
    Its architecture.
    The concept of Suramar destroyed.
    Azhara.
    Vash.
    His relationship with the Furblog and forest animals.
    Elune.
    His affiliation at night.
    The Wardens.
    And I'm sure something is missing.

What did Kanack of the Kaldorei give us?
    Jarold.
    Jarold's Master.
    Suramar "alive".
    Let's say background to Azhara.

What is used in WoW or other Kaldori stories?
    Azhara.

Kanack told you 2 stories at most. But they are not relevant to Lore Kaldorei or that you already knew.

For another more direct example but with another author. Read Illidian's novel. Maiev does not contribute anything and is 50% of the novel.
    Because in all the Novel it is the same Maiev from W3 without evolution or anything. (Although we can contribute that you rest what Kanack did.)

PS: I put it like this. If you play only W3 you can understand the Kaldorei quite well.
    If you only read Knack No.
    Knaack didn't "give" any of that.. the items and state of the night elves, are all given by blizz.. Knaak is commissioned to write the story of the sundering that is alerady released by blizzard.. he and Metzen sat down to discuss how it would go, it is the blizzard team that decides most of hte elemnts.. but the whole kaldorei pre-sundering story is not Knaaks invention - a lot of the particulars of how it went down probably came from him,

but tbh, Rhonin, kaasus and Brox were his characters as he has used them in previous books. WoTA is blizzards story that knaak fleshes out. Don't know if it was blizzard or knaak that decided to use human and orc and dragon to go back in time, maybe Richard knaak didn't feel it would go down well without his own characters involved, maybe blizz said you need to have an orc and a human so the fans can relate to it.. it's funny how it turned out that the inclusion of krasus, Rhonin and Brox was the most heavily criticised part of the tirlogy by far.

Most people felt it was stupid to do a time gimmick in the book. And totally un-necessary.

But FYI, WC3 and War of the Ancients were planned at the same time, the book just came after, Metzen revealed that he and knaak started the project for it at the same time he was doing the plot for WC3. Point is all that WotA kaldorei civilization is planned.

Knaack didn't "give" any of that.. the items and state of the night elves, are all given by blizz.. Knaak is commissioned to write the story of the sundering that is alerady released by blizzard.. he and Metzen sat down to discuss how it would go, it is the blizzard team that decides most of hte elemnts.. but the whole kaldorei pre-sundering story is not Knaaks invention - a lot of the particulars of how it went down probably came from him,

but tbh, Rhonin, kaasus and Brox were his characters as he has used them in previous books. WoTA is blizzards story that knaak fleshes out. Don't know if it was blizzard or knaak that decided to use human and orc and dragon to go back in time, maybe Richard knaak didn't feel it would go down well without his own characters involved, maybe blizz said you need to have an orc and a human so the fans can relate to it.. it's funny how it turned out that the inclusion of krasus, Rhonin and Brox was the most heavily criticised part of the tirlogy by far.

Most people felt it was stupid to do a time gimmick in the book. And totally un-necessary.

But FYI, WC3 and War of the Ancients were planned at the same time, the book just came after, Metzen revealed that he and knaak started the project for it at the same time he was doing the plot for WC3. Point is all that WotA kaldorei civilization is planned.
    Which is strange because now in Chronicles the Kanack trilogy moved to a second place. Precisely because of that time travel.
    So your details of what happened have to be grasped with pins.

Just what you say proves my point more. Kanack only tells us one story. The important thing about the Kaldorei comes from the W3.

-----------
    So the books were written before Maiev was a scribe? or was Jarold going to take the role of Maiev?
    Anyway, that job sounds very strange to me because Tyrande for Kanack already knows the orcs and the Tyrande from W3 No.
    It sounds a lot to me that Kanack put that idea of putting his pj in and didn't realize how much he broke with the W3 story.

7+ Year Old Account
    If we really think about it... they could just rebuild the tree or build a town around it...

This is how it is suppose to look in Lore, and how you can see, there are structures and harbors and even different towns all over the place even on the island at sea level..

So this could be the perfect spot to rebuild a new Night elf capitol, and this time they should maybe focus more on getting a better Navy to protect their World tree ^^

Teldrassil in Lore

Last edited by Wolfrick; 2021-06-23 at 10:13 AM.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

If there is a new NE capital at Nordrassil I hope to see a new bigger quarter and/or school dedicated to arcane with Highborne but also Draenei teachers teaching magic to Kaldorei students, and also to see vindicators and lightforged soldiers teaching NE paladdins, in a move to reinforce the relations between the Night Elve and the Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    If we really think about it... they could just rebuild the tree or build a town around it...

This is how it is suppose to look in Lore, and how you can see, there are structures and harbors and even different towns all over the place even on the island at sea level..

So this could be the perfect spot to rebuild a new Night elf capitol, and this time they should maybe focus more on getting a better Navy to protect their World tree ^^

Teldrassil in Lore

Man, the fact that all of this has been reduced to cinders by a bunch of catapults and shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    Man, the fact that all of this has been reduced to cinders by a bunch of catapults and shamans.
    From the mainland across the sea.

But I like the idea of the city in the tree on the subject.
    I imagine the ideas "highborne" but on top of the tree it would be an easy way to achieve the "mixture" that are the kaldorei.

Always thought Dire Maul could be an awesome nelf capital if repurposed. I just love Feralas. It's in my top 10 favourite zones.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Always thought Dire Maul could be an awesome nelf capital if repurposed. I just love Feralas. It's in my top 10 favourite zones.
    Yes, it will do, it's an amazing location too.. it's got deep forest, it's got the sea and open land too, prime real estate. If you want a proper city for night elves, this is where you'd build it. Either there or Azsuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    they suddenly forgot it was magically protected by the aspects.

If the tree was that easy to burn, what took the horde so long to just get a whole bunch of ships and bang.

I mean Azerite was the perfect excuse , a substance powerful enough to break through protective enchantments, surprised they didn't use it.

It would have been far better and more justified for the Burning Legion to be the ones who burned Teldrassil, rather than the Horde with just a bunch of flamming projectiles that shouldn't have been able of causing any serious damage thrown by catapults far too distant to hope hitting it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that outside of their new capital in Mount Hyjal and of them rebuilding Dire Maul in Feralas, Kaldorei should also start rebuilding settlements in Val'Shara and Azsuna as a way to retrieve more lands and reconnect a bit with their past without taking the materialistic, power-hungry and vain aspects of the Night Elf Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It would have been far better and more justified for the Burning Legion to be the ones who burned Teldrassil, rather than the Horde with just a bunch of flamming projectiles that shouldn't have been able of causing any serious damage thrown by catapults far too distant to hope hitting it.
    I think most of the horde would have accepted and preferred this, with Sylvanas playing a clever role in directing the Legion to Teldrassil, before they are destroyed in 7.3.5 or the last sort of backlash attack happening during Sargeras' moment.

Is there a way to do this in the timeline? i mean Sargeras is defeated before WoT starts, how'd you write the legion in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    I think most of the horde would have accepted and preferred this, with Sylvanas playing a clever role in directing the Legion to Teldrassil, before they are destroyed in 7.3.5 or the last sort of backlash attack happening during Sargeras' moment.

Is there a way to do this in the timeline? i mean Sargeras is defeated before WoT starts, how'd you write the legion in it?
    I think that it should have happened during Legion before the closing of the portal in the Broken Isles and the adventures on Argus, and with Tyrande becoming the Night Warrior to fight back against the demons while Azeroth is at its darkest hour.