Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Alliance The Irony of it all

Blizz has treated Alliance like garbage for the better part of a decade but the true irony is that Blizzard's downfall will be the result of their treatment of Alliance. Blizz is in a corner right now with their horde vs horde bgs but it's not gonna save them. Too little too late for a company as despicable as Blizzard.

Hey, you did it to yourselves. Don't blame activision, or anyone else. You did it to yourselves and karma's a bitch. You get what you deserve.

Why even have factions anymore

I think this is a great change and one I have been asking them to implement for a very, very long time, right down to the "its just military training". Good #Change
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

You know what a better change would have been? Not fucking over one half of your playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Those legacy servers simply repeat the mistakes that have been made during WoW's development at an accelerated pace.
    Unfortunately, those servers are currently stuck between the odd place of still attempting to adhere to some authenticity but also trying to make it more playable.

But i do find it extremely ironic that the faction population were overall more balanced in Classic, despite being less balanced.

Alliance players are so sad. This change literally doesn't impact any of you.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, all the horde celebrating this should take a step back and think about why they're happy about it. If they want retail they should go back to retail. This is a terrible change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Alliance players are so sad. This change literally doesn't impact any of you.
    If for some reason theres not enough alliance to pop a bg we'd never get a queue at all. This is literally worse than merc mode.
    Last edited by spdr; 2021-07-01 at 09:51 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not excited over this and I am personally hoping this just ends up needing to be a temporary fix but honestly if it means lower BG ques I'd rather have this than nothing. Shame they don't have a solution though for AV.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Not excited over this and I am personally hoping this just ends up needing to be a temporary fix but honestly if it means lower BG ques I'd rather have this than nothing. Shame they don't have a solution though for AV.
    As much as I think this change is stupid I'd really like to see it applied to av as well.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    If for some reason theres not enough alliance to pop a bg we'd never get a queue at all. This is literally worse than merc mode.
    Im not sure what you mean? If there is heaps of horde, and no alliance, the alliance will just get queued against horde, since the horde players queue will be trying to get an alliance group FIRST, and only if there isnt one will it go to HvH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Im not sure what you mean? If there is heaps of horde, and no alliance, the alliance will just get queued against horde, since the horde players queue will be trying to get an alliance group FIRST, and only if there isnt one will it go to HvH.
    Lets say theres only 14 alliance queing at a time, we'd either never get an eots or an ab to pop or we'd be undermanned the entire time.

Lets say theres only 14 alliance queing at a time, we'd either never get an eots or an ab to pop or we'd be undermanned the entire time.
    If there's only 14 alliance queing for a BG at a time (in cross realm bgs in TBCClassic) Blizzard has much bigger problems.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    If there's only 14 alliance queing for a BG at a time (in cross realm bgs in TBCClassic) Blizzard has much bigger problems.
    Coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    Blizz has treated Alliance like garbage for the better part of a decade but the true irony is that Blizzard's downfall will be the result of their treatment of Alliance. Blizz is in a corner right now with their horde vs horde bgs but it's not gonna save them. Too little too late for a company as despicable as Blizzard.

Hey, you did it to yourselves. Don't blame activision, or anyone else. You did it to yourselves and karma's a bitch. You get what you deserve.
    How exactly is this going to lead to the downfall of Blizzard?

You're using some pretty dramatic language to describe a computer game company.

Horde players who wanted to enjoy TBC for BGs (myself included) basically couldn't play the game. That was a big problem. Alliance players won't even notice, because if they implement it how they're describing, Alliance will always end up fighting Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, all the horde celebrating this should take a step back and think about why they're happy about it. If they want retail they should go back to retail. This is a terrible change.
    I'm happy about it because it allows me to play battlegrounds, with zero downside.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    How exactly is this going to lead to the downfall of Blizzard?

You're using some pretty dramatic language to describe a computer game company.

Horde players who wanted to enjoy TBC for BGs (myself included) basically couldn't play the game. That was a big problem. Alliance players won't even notice, because if they implement it how they're describing, Alliance will always end up fighting Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy about it because it allows me to play battlegrounds, with zero downside.
    Whats the point of playing a 2 faction game when one side is clearly superior or catered to?

That will never happen. Your queue's are always going to be near instant.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the point of playing a 2 faction game when one side is clearly superior or catered to?
    I remember the days when the alliance was unbelievably favored. I bet you didn't care during that time that one faction was clearly superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    You know what a better change would have been? Not fucking over one half of your playerbase.
    It's more like a third.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My opinion is a fact.
    Having opinions are F A C T S.
    Stating you do not agree with my world has no impact on mine.
    It is not the same as talking about math either.
    This is talking about MY perception and so to me it is A fact.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    That will never happen. Your queue's are always going to be near instant.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the days when the alliance was unbelievably favored. I bet you didn't care during that time that one faction was clearly superior.
    When was this?

Uh what? So Alliance players will keep have fast queues and horde players will be able to actually play BG's... How is that bad? I missed something?

Attempting to fix an issue that was effectively preventing over half the playerbase from playing a large part of the game is not "catering" to them. While I agree factions are pointless beyond RP reasons, this basically has zero affect on gameplay whatsoever except to allow Horde to play BGs. Also, "clearly superior" is a vast overstatement.