Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nah make a world of starcraft then do Wow 2 like 15-20 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by wide View Post
    I think the ones playing Retail are the real addicts, not the ones playing Classic...
    A lot of the classic players actually stopped playing WoW and came back to enjoy playing for a few hours.
    That was his point, he was talking about releasing new expansions, so retail WoW.

Retelling of a story is boring unless it's a full blown remake.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Blizzard is Blizzard in name only now.

The people and philosophy that made their great games of the past are gone.

You can not get what you want anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    If it's anything like WC3 Reforged I'll pass. The game is beautiful as is. Its art style is its biggest strength by far.
    Looks a bit dated imo

vanilla - wrath = WoW
    cata-WoD = WoW 2
    legion -now= WoW 3

they have redesigned the game several times already. what do you really think they can do to the game and still be able to call it WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's anything like WC3 Reforged I'll pass. The game is beautiful as is. Its art style is its biggest strength by far.
    this. people have no idea what they want. if we would listen to them, we would have lifeless "unreal engine" rendering and then everyone would become silent, move to private servers and blizzard would lose billions
    Last edited by Cæli; 2021-07-06 at 09:22 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    World of Diablo, World of Starcraft.
    GO!
    New graphics with same stuff (dungeons, 10-25/40m raids, arena, bg, rares, quests etc etc)
    OR... Take all three games, combine them into the same universe

World of WarDiaStarCraft

Quote Originally Posted by bRighteyez View Post
    Looks a bit dated imo

Doesn't mean that a new engine wouldn't do it favours either. It could look like Ori:

But the point I'm making is that even after 15 years, WoW hasn't just aged incredibly well, but it stands out amongst an onslaught of asset flips. Realism is a dead-end. There's only so far you can push it until your game looks like every other game.

EDIT: On a second thought. Blizzard could just buy the Ori IP and start an Ori MMO. That would solve so many issues that are inherent to the Warcraft IP.
    Last edited by Ivarr; 2021-07-06 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They update older models practically every expansion.

And anyone who says they need a new engine has no idea what a game engine is. Vanilla and Shadowlands are not compatible, it's been continually updated for like 15 years.
    Shhhh you’re not supposed to be telling people this. They think it’s all the same and they just move the pixels closer together to make higher res images

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    OR... Take all three games, combine them into the same universe

World of WarDiaStarCraft
    The Nexus could always use more heroes!

But the point I'm making is that even after 15 years, WoW hasn't just aged incredibly well, but it stands out amongst an onslaught of asset flips. Realism is a dead-end. There's only so far you can push it until your game looks like every other game.
    Well, according to the "new engine!" heads, realism = better graphics. Until they understand that style != quality, they're never going to understand why that doesn't hold. WoW doesn't really look significantly different quality-wise from other contemporary games that go for a similar style.

Not that i believe that high fidelity graphics are all that important for a long-runner anyway. Consistent graphics are far more important there.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    WoW doesn't really look significantly different quality-wise from other contemporary games that go for a similar style.
    What games would those be? Ori is the closest thing I can think of. I suspect Ori actually took a lot of inspiration from Blizzard. But this game is also 'cheating' in that most of the graphics are just really well-disguised 2D art. Just like WoW hides its lack of 3D detail behind beautiful textures only way more extreme.

I love what Valheim did, going for deliberate crisp low resolution textures but then cramming in a ton of atmospheric effects to create beautiful environments.

But other than that, I'm stumped. Valorant...maybe? But still looks like budget Overwatch.

These day games all seem to draw from the same photo-realistic asset library and it's going to age poorly. People get bored with this real fast.

Why would I want to replay this garbage of story with better graphics?
    Last edited by Shoggoth; 2021-07-06 at 01:30 PM.

Here's the problem: people who are actually playing and enjoying the game do not want this. The big positive thing about wow is its continuity and the fact that it's still the same game, after all these years, but with new expansions.

It's just one of those idiotic ideas that have been circling around wow sites for ages. The funniest thing about it? The people suggesting "WoW 2" ideas would be the first not to play it probably.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

How is WoW a retelling of WC3? I highly doubt you even played the game if that is what you think.

WoW is a direct sequel to WC3 and continues the stories already started there.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    and delete all old players achievements and items and transmogs
    I'm sure this will go over well.
    God, why hasnt Blizzard hired you already? Bigbrain mc HugeCranium
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Here's the problem: people who are actually playing and enjoying the game do not want this.
    The game they're playing is already highly episodic. The people that play now aren't attached to the current content, they merely play it for the lack of anything better.

WoW 2 wouldnt work because it removes the reason why people are tied to playing WoW: their character. A new game would mean a new character would have to be made from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This just seems weird, not to mention stupid. Like an unhealthy obsession to play basically the same thing all over gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    People are looking for a feeling that they once had from a game that they will never get back again. I know the feeling but its a bitter pill to swallow for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Retelling of a story is boring unless it's a full blown remake.
    You 3 missed the point. It had nothing to do with nostalgia or redoing the same thing since obviously: you can do that with 'classic' or if you only changed the graphics and nothing else it would be obviously boring.

By "re-telling" I meant a pure soft-reboot: while the engine would be modern and all that: the story would also be refreshed (e.g. it could be simpler for new players (at least at the start) or it could focus more on sub-stories that were ignored in the old game or just have a new look at the same/similar events in a more modern/better way (or at least they could try!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm sure this will go over well.
    God, why hasnt Blizzard hired you already? Bigbrain mc HugeCranium
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    WoW 2 wouldnt work because it removes the reason why people are tied to playing WoW: their character. A new game would mean a new character would have to be made from scratch.
    I find it funny how many of you are blind to the obvious: ALMOST ALL people that have quit the game would LOVE a reset and seeing you seethe about it would be EXACTLY an extra reason for them to love to return.

Besides: you don't have to complain if you are given feats of strength for past achievements: that way you vanity can still be satisfied to a large extend.