Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Garrosh is still a dumbass but at least he's consistent, which cant be said for any other WoW character at this point. He'll still never be as cool as his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he was dead in cataclysm?

Guilneas was a win just like the barrens.
    during gilneas invasion she had to retreat only because the alliance joined the war, then there was the capitulation of crowley and thats all until the book between legion and bfa where we know that gilneas was in forsaken hand.

yes, a big win called fort triumph xD
    that unlike crowley, it capitulated after cata
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    during gilneas invasion she had to retreat only because the alliance joined the war, then there was the capitulation of crowley and thats all until the book between legion and bfa where we know that gilneas was in forsaken hand.
    she retreat because the guilneas took the city back, alliance support only came way later

yes, a big win called fort triumph xD
    that unlike crowley, it capitulated after cata

just like guilneas, do you udnerstand they did not took the city right?

I still don't get why they even brought him back to the scene... I sure hope they wont make the same thing with Arthas...

I'm very fine with heroic type characters, I like kind hearted people but you have to write them in a semi-grounded matter and create nuance and entertainment using them in other methods. This is especially important in high fantasy where things tend to spiral into stupidity or crash into the doldrums without good discipline.

Shadowlands is like the most expensive fanfiction I've ever seen, it's all just so trite and stupid and I like trite stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    she retreat because the guilneas took the city back, alliance support only came way later

just like guilneas, do you udnerstand they did not took the city right?
    wtf? the war lasted until the capitulation of crowley, where the forsaken won the war thanks the infiltration of belmont and the player. and thats during cata leveling quests.
    the only reinforcement we saw during all the war were the uselss drunken sailors and the gunship that didnt even made the battlefield thanks the nelf attack.
    of the "fresh troops" that should walk on forsaken troops there isnt any trace in game (or any other source). probably they retreated with garrosh to orgrimmar...
    sylvanas won, thats all. garrosh couldnt even pass the walls...
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    wtf? the war lasted until the capitulation of crowley, where the forsaken won the war thanks the infiltration of belmont and the player. and thats during cata leveling quests.
    Again, you are ignoring what is being said, Sylvanus took the city but she lost after it quickly
    the only reinforcement we saw during all the war were the uselss drunken sailors and the gunship that didnt even made the battlefield thanks the nelf attack.
    Play the worgen starting zone and you will know that is not the case

He went out (definitively I hope) like he lived, as an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    I still don't get why they even brought him back to the scene... I sure hope they wont make the same thing with Arthas...
    To hype players up for the expansion (so that they would subscribe), just to have him die the moment we see him.

That's what they do nowadays. Look at how they marketed Warcraft 3: Reforged with only the first cinematic being upgraded, to lure in customers, just for the rest to remain outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I could ask why everyone is picking on her... but I think we all know why...
    Because she's a terrible fucking writer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giovaaa View Post
    Because she's a terrible fucking writer.
    She's actually a really good writer, considering the material she is given. I would hate to write stuff given to me by other people and try and make it interesting. I haven't read any of her independent books but most of the books she writes are scripted from others for her to write and adapt. Your concerns about her writing the lore are clearly misplaced. She only adapts notes that she is given to then try and piece together into a story. Hating on the direction of where the story goes is not on her.

I am guessing there are loads of people on this forum who have no understanding of what goes into group storytelling over someone who is a singular storyteller. If George R R Martin is writing his books and there's something in that book you don't like you can at least know who wrote it and who to point a finger at, unless he states it was an editorial decision in which place its the editor. With a video game like WoW which has over 12 writers you don't blindly blame just the one especially when you have no proof she was behind it, and considering she especially has no direction or control over the narrative of the game, only in how its told.
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-07-17 at 05:32 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

In honor of Garrosh Hellscream:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It was very similar to Metzens having Thrall, except Metzen was the head creative story guy at one point. Golden is not. Think Steven Danser is now filling Metzen's old roll.
    Danuser is totally in control, it's very much showing. It's why WoW sucks. Everything is about Sylvanas, his pillow waifu. BfA and Shadowlands seem to be his bad fanfiction story revolving 100% around his favourite character. Everything has to make way for that. Anything else is just not important.

Aside from that, the lore is also very weak nowadays.
    It can be summed up to "remember that cool thing from the past? Let's name it X. Well, now we have X+1 and it's this much more awesome! It's actually the origin of the old X"
    It's totally lame and shows the creative bankruptcy of the lore team.

At least Metzen was a cool guy. Even if he did shove Thrall in a lot of stuff, most of his lore actually made sense. Him speaking about the lore and the future plans was always the highlight of BlizzCon to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    In honor of Garrosh Hellscream:
    What the fuck is this anime bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Here's the full length machinima if you're curious (with english subtitles).

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Here's the full length machinima if you're curious (with english subtitles).
    It's such cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Why, it's the single greatest Garrosh cinematic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Why, it's the single greatest Garrosh cinematic!
    Not even close.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    He went out (definitively I hope) like he lived, as an idiot.
    At least he wasn't a boring Mary Sue, and that's more that you can say about like 90% of the WoW cast these days. Call it the lesser evil, if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.