Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I'm not sure, if Wow is only game, that has faction-based PVP, not "team vs team" one. But at least, it's only game I know. But don't you think, that it's bad, when PVP-based story in game teaches players (including children, who are easier to be influenced) to hate other players, just because "You're orc and he is human"? It's real humans, who sit behind other faction's character. Same, as me. Why should I hate them? Doesn't it lead to virtual racism, that can turn into real one then? Why it's still allowed?

I always hated PVP-retaled stuff in this game exactly because it makes me hate other players for virtual reasons and I don't want to hate anybody.

And I just think, that it looks weird and sounds like hypocrisy, when some people say, that they're against racism, but at the same play or make racist game.

P.S. I'm personally PVE player, who plays both Alliance and Horde. So, I'm not racist. It's game, that tries to push racist stuff (especially in PVP-based xpack, like MOP and BFA) on me and I hate it.
    Dude...

Don't you think we already have enough problems with all this racism, gender and equality garbage? Is it necessary to debate this now? to think about it alone. The world is simply a testimony of poverty

Tribalism/racism/faction mentality has always been a part of such kind of 'wars'. It would actually be remiss to NOT show it.

Gamers need to be smart enough at that point to realise it's a simulated environment, and that it shouldn't carry over into the real world.

Basically. But I'm also assuming part of this OP post is a bait to draw out idealists on either side?

Quote Originally Posted by qil View Post
    We should also ban Tetris! To many colors and shapes!
    Not to mention furthers the communist agenda

Just because there are racists and racism plays a role in a game/movie/book that does not mean this behavior is being glorified or promoted. You are allowed to talk about negative phenomena in fiction. It's all about how you do it and/or whether you directly or indirectly glorify it.

And no, horde vs. alliance is not a conflict based on race. Sure, for some characters and presumably regular people of Azeroth this might be a thing, but the core conflict had nothing to do strictly with race.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The issue isn't with the OP's bait thread, it's that this will be a genuine position by the people making this game if it isn't already. We're only a year or two away from some new hire in Blizzard realizing that in Vanilla Magni had us invade a sovereign country and assassinate its leader because his daughter was in an interracial relationship.
    Yes, that's what the Tolkien Enterprise is already committing themselves to. It's corny.

I think you should change your perseptive a bit. Every single game is "racist" in some sense.

Starcraft 2, it's literally 3 races at war with each other. You think the game should be deleted from existence?

Diablo 3, we are "racist" against all the demons, mass murdering every single one of them.

I think even a human killing any animal/bug is "racist" too in that sense. There is a reason most people are not OK with seeing dogs/horses/cats die, but are totally fine seeing sheep die. Why is killing sheep, or a spider OK?

Also I think WoW is actually way more anti-racist than anything else. The whole point of the faction war is that we get to see that perspective is everything. There is no "perspective" to let the demons in Diablo live, so that is way more racist, no?

I remember a meme about Mario being a mass murderer for killing all those goombas for no reason.

I hope you don't spend too much mental energy being upset about stuff like this, don't weigh yourself down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I think you should change your perseptive a bit. Every single game is "racist" in some sense.

Starcraft 2, it's literally 3 races at war with each other. You think the game should be deleted from existence?

Diablo 3, we are "racist" against all the demons, mass murdering every single one of them.

I think even a human killing any animal/bug is "racist" too in that sense. There is a reason most people are not OK with seeing dogs/horses/cats die, but are totally fine seeing sheep die. Why is killing sheep, or a spider OK?

Also I think WoW is actually way more anti-racist than anything else. The whole point of the faction war is that we get to see that perspective is everything. There is no "perspective" to let the demons in Diablo live, so that is way more racist, no?

I remember a meme about Mario being a mass murderer for killing all those goombas for no reason.

I hope you don't spend too much mental energy being upset about stuff like this, don't weigh yourself down.
    Always been pondering what games OP would flee to..

I mean, with his view, even PvE is problematic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This thread reminds me "anonymous alcoholics". Everybody climes, that he doesn't do it, but if we'd go to next thread, we'd see people, who are ready to smash faces IRL, because they're pro-Horde or pro-Alliance.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

This thread reminds me "anonymous alcoholics". Everybody climes, that he doesn't do it, but if we'd go to next thread, we'd see people, who are ready to smash faces IRL, because they're pro-Horde or pro-Alliance.
    Faction pride is more like a comparison to being nationalistic. Like seeing Americans wave their flag and shout "USA! USA! USA!".

10+ Year Old Account
    A few do not make everyone. A good example is during football, some become violent, others do not. Some people enjoy what they support, and others just goes a little too far.

Just like if there is a form of racism in-game does not mean it is the same in real life?

I mean, there are so many races in WoW, yet you draw the line at... PvP? What about the lore? What about PvE? If you are so worried and afraid of fragments of a topic, should you not preserve yourself and quit the game? But what game would you move to then? Every game (almost) has some sort of discriminating factor if you try to merge real life with the digital creation of a world. I guess the most innocent game existing would be.. Pong? Pinball?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You're playing a game where you're putting species into extinction just so you can get more of their ears, hoofs and heads, and racism is your problem?

Threads like these are why people are wishing for a cleansing war on this planet to happen, WW2 didn't do a good enough job.

I'm not sure, if Wow is only game, that has faction-based PVP, not "team vs team" one. But at least, it's only game I know. But don't you think, that it's bad, when PVP-based story in game teaches players (including children, who are easier to be influenced) to hate other players, just because "You're orc and he is human"? It's real humans, who sit behind other faction's character. Same, as me. Why should I hate them? Doesn't it lead to virtual racism, that can turn into real one then? Why it's still allowed?

I always hated PVP-retaled stuff in this game exactly because it makes me hate other players for virtual reasons and I don't want to hate anybody.

And I just think, that it looks weird and sounds like hypocrisy, when some people say, that they're against racism, but at the same play or make racist game.

P.S. I'm personally PVE player, who plays both Alliance and Horde. So, I'm not racist. It's game, that tries to push racist stuff (especially in PVP-based xpack, like MOP and BFA) on me and I hate it.
    Go to bed, you are drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Yes, that's what the Tolkien Enterprise is already committing themselves to. It's corny.
    It's also pointless at best and suicidal at worst because it panders to a demographic that doesn't consume the product.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You can play Forza Horizon 4 and hate other players cars. Would that make you "racist" against other car brands? "Hating" is a decision YOU make. Everyone else just plays the game. By "killing" a horde or alliance noone in their right mind feels "I just killed a person/race I hate". That would be crazy to say the least. Its a virtual war players pick sides and fight. And thats about all there is. If someone thinks this is "hateful" or worse "racist" (which is quite the absurdity) thats something on them and they should really research themselves and find out what makes them feel this way and why.

I have never felt any sort of hatred for any other player. I have disliked their playstyle etc but never felt that I "hate" someone or the race they decided to play. You can get pissed off for sure but I don't think this means anything regarding real life and how you see other people. Its a game, get over it.
    I hate people more after reading their "opinions" on the forums than actually fighting them in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's also pointless at best and suicidal at worst because it panders to a demographic that doesn't consume the product.
    The fact that they're viewing LOTR as a product that's to be consumed is why we're having these issues in the first place.

Literature and film are supposed to be art forms that draw people in their worlds and make them discover things there, not a fucking hamburger you put in your pie hole then shit out of your anus.

7+ Year Old Account

Yeah!!!! And while we're at it, let's get rid of team sports too! Hell, let's get rid of all competition. I'm all the way in on this one @WowIsDead64. Let's make it happen. Save the children.

This is WAR craft. Not make love craft

This is an obvious troll bait post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Yeah!!!! And while we're at it, let's get rid of team sports too! Hell, let's get rid of all competition. I'm all the way in on this one @WowIsDead64. Let's make it happen. Save the children.
    Sarcastaball

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this what happens when you run out of things to complain about?

i guess this is a bait thread

cant be serious

7+ Year Old Account
    Faction war is what is causing kids to grow up racists, especially in English speaking countries, we saw this in England v Italy, all those English WoW players out on the streets

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    i guess this is a bait thread

cant be serious
    Why does it have to be bait? I think OP has a legitimate concern!
    Last edited by 420 NoScope; 2021-07-15 at 11:48 AM.

P.S. I'm personally PVE player, who plays both Alliance and Horde. So, I'm not racist.
    Man, people been drinking way too much kool aid since 2016.