Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Dunno why, he's always been as much of a bro as Afrasiabi.

Gloria Steinem's #1 fan, y'all. If any of you thought this was funny at the time, congratulations on being complicit too.
    lmfao i actually think that is a hilarious reply. not everything is so serious, if i want to make a game with only attractive characters, that should not be a problem. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    lmfao i actually think that is a hilarious reply. not everything is so serious, if i want to make a game with only attractive characters, that should not be a problem. lol
    You're correct: the problem is your and Blizzard's definition of attractiveness being limited entirely to (mostly white) meatheaded musclemen in tank armor and skinnny big-breasted women in boob-plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Grats on being part of the problem, I guess? "I find it funny so how can it be sexist?" has a very logical conclusion that you're deliberately ignoring, lol.

It was gross in 2010 and it's gross today.
    i dont think anything about that is gross. but thats my opinion just like you thinking it is gross is yours. doesnt make either of them true.

- - - Updated - - -

You're correct: the problem is your and Blizzard's definition of attractiveness being limited entirely to (mostly white) meatheaded musclemen in tank armor and skinnny big-breasted women in boob-plate.
    and? who cares if thats the aesthetic someone likes and wants their game to have. there is NOTHING wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think anything about that is gross.
    Okay? Like I said: the conclusion there is that you're part of the problem, not that your opinion should be taken seriously just because you have an opinion.

and? who cares if thats the aesthetic someone likes and wants their game to have. there is NOTHING wrong with it.
    Aside from the massive shitshow of harassment and toxicity that's been revealed as part of this suit, you mean? Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Okay? Like I said: the conclusion there is that you're part of the problem, not that your opinion should be taken seriously just because you have an opinion.

Aside from the massive shitshow of harassment and toxicity that's been revealed as part of this suit, you mean? Lol.
    having what someone views as "good looking" characters in game has nothing to do with harassing people you work with. that makes no sense lol

just like you think i am part of the problem, the conclusion here is you are the one who is part of the problem. by screaming about such non issue items, you take away from real problems, like work place harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    having what someone views as "good looking" characters in game has nothing to do with harassing people you work with
    Again; it does when your definition of attractiveness is inherently bound up with a sexist worldview, as is the case of Blizzard and a lot of people following that 80s fantasy aesthetic.

just like you think i am part of the problem, the conclusion here is you are the one who is part of the problem. by screaming about such non issue items, you take away from real problems, like work place harassment.
    You can just say you've run out of talking points rather than parrot shit I've said in some lame attempt at "no you're actually the sexist for speaking up about sexism", lol.

Again; it does when your definition of attractiveness is inherently bound up with a sexist worldview, as is the case of Blizzard and a lot of people following that 80s fantasy aesthetic.
    which has nothing to do with work place harassment. viewing something as attractive over something else is not sexist. thats silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    which has nothing to do with work place harassment
    Workplace harassment has nothing to do with having a sexist worldview, huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on being part of the problem, I guess? "I find it funny so how can it be sexist?" has a very logical conclusion that you're deliberately ignoring, lol.

It was gross in 2010 and it's gross today.
    Person A: I find it funny

Person Elegiac: It's not, and it's sexist, therefore I'm right.

You're correct: the problem is your and Blizzard's definition of attractiveness being limited entirely to (mostly white) meatheaded musclemen in tank armor and skinnny big-breasted women in boob-plate
    It took you this long to bring out the race card?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Person A: I find it funny

Person Elegiac: It's not, and it's sexist, therefore I'm right.

It took you this long to bring out the race card?
    This weak attempt at a gotcha is hilarious.

Workplace harassment has nothing to do with having a sexist worldview, huh.

work place harassment has nothing to do with designing characters models in a way your team finds attractive. lmfao again, thats just silly.

work place harassment has nothing to do with designing characters models in a way your team finds attractive. lmfao again, thats just silly.
    The fact you are compartmentalizing the two so you don’t have to feel like you are part of the problem is noted.

10+ Year Old Account
    work place harassment has nothing to do with designing characters models in a way your team finds attractive
    It does when their definition of attractiveness is informed by the same worldview that they think justifies harassing their coworkers, dude. This isn't difficult.

You know it's actually really easy to just admit you made a mistake in laughing at something in bad taste and... like... grow past it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The fact you are compartmentalizing the two so you don’t have to feel like you are part of the problem is noted.
    or they are not related in any sane way. lmfao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This weak attempt at a gotcha is hilarious.
    Don't blame me, it's him that needs to up his game.

I mean, some posts before I describe him, in essence, as patronizing and now he's telling another person that their opinion doesn't matter because that opinion doesn't align with Elegiac's framing of the situation.

Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    or they are not related in any sane way. lmfao
    It not servicing the narrative y'all are using to try and justify being complicit in a toxic culture doesn't make it insane.

I mean, some posts before I describe him, in essence, as patronizing and now he's telling another person that their opinion doesn't matter because that opinion doesn't align with Elegiac's framing of the situation.
    Shocking, maybe don't have a counterfactual opinion then? Lol.

It does when their definition of attractiveness is informed by the same worldview that they think justifies harassing their coworkers, dude. This isn't difficult.

You know it's actually really easy to just admit you made a mistake in laughing at something in bad taste and... like... grow past it, right?
    again, thinking something is attractive and putting it in a game, does not mean you will harass co workers. that makes no sense. you are trying to correlate things that have no relation in the slightest.

i laughed at that video AGAIN today. it was an amazing response. lmfao they do not need to design character models around some crazy virtue signaling. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It not servicing the narrative y'all are using to try and justify being complicit in a toxic culture doesn't make it insane.

Shocking, maybe don't have a counterfactual opinion then? Lol.
    Maybe don't pass your understanding of the situation as the only possible framing of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    again, thinking something is attractive and putting it in a game, does not mean you will harass co workers.
    Thinking that only X type of women are attractive if they behave and dress in Y way at the exclusion of all others (and mocking attempts to ask for more options, i.e. not getting rid of what the developers think is attractive but catering to a broader audience) is a very good indicator that you're the type of person who harasses women or looks the other way when it happens, actually.

Maybe don't pass your understanding of the situation as the only possible framing of it?
    When y'all give a valid reason for alternative framing besides "it's still funny because I haven't outgrown a frat boy sense of humor", sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenRoken View Post
    Is this your facial expression irl right now, that you have on your Avatar?
    It's my usual facial expression when dealing with capital g Gamers, yes.

MMO-C is the direct result of the community that has been curated by Blizzard which is why it's hardly surprising there's a large number of people ready to derail and deflect from the point.

Thinking that only X type of women are attractive if they behave and dress in Y way at the exclusion of all others (and mocking attempts to ask for more options, i.e. not getting rid of what the developers think is attractive but catering to a broader audience) is a very good indicator that you're the type of person who harasses women or looks the other way when it happens, actually.

When y'all give a valid reason for alternative framing besides "it's still funny because I haven't outgrown a frat boy sense of humor", sure.

It's my usual facial expression when dealing with capital g Gamers, yes.
    where in that whole video did she or they mention behavior? it wasn't mentioned.

its insane to think any of that is an indicator that someone would harass another at work. totally insane. a developer does not need to get rid of what they think is attractive, its THEIR game, they are making it. you dont get to force an aesthetic on them.