Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    You both would sound a bit more mature if you refrained from flaming. Especially considering you trying to judge a person based on 1 line.
    She may have all the experience there is, but she's been put in leadership position of a company she's been in for 5 months. With another guy. Right after the company has been hit by sexual harassment investigation.
    Stop standing up for Incels being told off or you come off as one yourself. The people those two responded to were shitheads who bitched about a women who probably even before the promotion made more in a year than they will make during their entire working lives being promoted in a position of leadership, coming from a position of leadership from an actually pretty neat game studio.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Come on guys, you can't be Mad at us now, we have a Woman in charge! and if you complain about us anymore you are just misogynists!"

Gotta love how easy PR can be spun these days.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And how much mmo experience do they have ? how many successfull mmo games have they been in charge for before ? Not expecting much going forward to be honest. Hopefully im wrong, but i don't really see wow coming back after shadowlands
    You understand that they are not part of the WoW team, but promoted to leadership of Blizzard entire? Nothing changed for the WoW team so far.

6 months in the job and now she's at the top already? lol I bet some old timers in the office are seething.

Good change!! some fresh needed blood in finally!!! I cant barely get any worse then what it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    "Come on guys, you can't be Mad at us now, we have a Woman in charge! and if you complain about us anymore you are just misogynists!"

Nobody has said this except misogynists butthurt their sexism might have a negative consequence now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    6 months in the job and now she's at the top already? lol I bet some old timers in the office are seething.
    She has 13 years at Vicarious Visions.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how much mmo experience do they have ? how many successfull mmo games have they been in charge for before ? Not expecting much going forward to be honest. Hopefully im wrong, but i don't really see wow coming back after shadowlands
    You realize Blizzard is bigger than WOW right? These positions have nothing to do with the day to day development of WOW or any of the games in fact. Also, id argue, how many developers have any experience with a large successful mmo at this point? Blizzard needed new leadership, and this is at the very least a step toward that goal.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This company is close to be done for good. This blizzard has nothing to do with the company we knew 10 years ago.

And I would believe that was the reason she was promoted if she was in the company for longer and it didn't happen in the shadow of sexual harassment investigation.

Quit the flaming
    Well, her company was merged into Blizzard and she was given a vice president role where she was essentially a chief under Allen if I am not mistaken. This is essentially taking a high ranking individual with years of leading a development studio and having her fill in the leadership spot. May have been bonus points to have a woman overseeing the issues they currently have. If you are a female and you have the option to go to another woman with issues related to the lawsuits, you may feel more empowered to have someone that has also experienced the same problems in their life. She is definitely qualified regardless and I hope she does a great job.

You do understand they are leaders for Blizzard not Wow.

The patsy leaves so that the Twatter mobs are appeased, now things slowly return to normal.

Anyone blaming J Allen is a complete idiot.

He was not in charge while any of this was happening.
    Mike was though.

This is the equivalent of blaming Biden for the terrorist attack on the Capitol Hill.

oh nice, freshly hired people become leaders. And there's a token woman too, of course
    They already were leaders. They were VPs of specific areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    You mean the people responsible for the current mess Blizz is in?
    I wasn't aware of any court verdict proving the allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Why did they have to set two people as lead of the studio. Why not have Jen there on her own. I guess that would be too much to ask to have a woman leading the studio without a mans help...
    This is one take, the other is intentionally decentralizing power to ensure more fair leadership than the effective monarchy of a single boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post

I mean, she seems to be pretty competent and well fit for that job for the resumee. Instead of looking it as a token promotion, which you can't call it with her resumee, its more showing us how it needs one of the biggest sexism scandals in the gaming industry ever for a woman in gaming to get into such a position at Blizzard. Fran Townsend doesn't count, she's the Torture expert who was pals with both Bush and Trump. She's totally a bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    This company is close to be done for good. This blizzard has nothing to do with the company we knew 10 years ago.
    Yeah turns out the company you knew 10 years ago has nothing to do with Blizzard 10 years ago.

Ion must leave. They could probably replace the whole team - as long Ion stays, WoW won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    That or everyone else has already left. In any case, if an outsider takes the steering wheel then the situation must be really dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Stop standing up for Incels being told off or you come off as one yourself. The people those two responded to were shitheads who bitched about a women who probably even before the promotion made more in a year than they will make during their entire working lives being promoted in a position of leadership, coming from a position of leadership from an actually pretty neat game studio.
    Are you guys able to talk only using invectives?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
    I wasn't aware of any court verdict proving the allegations.
    You don't need a court verdict if everyone working there comes forward and confirms that this place is a shithole. Stop being crybaby.