Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean, VV was the best thing Activision had going and they rolled it into blizz. They should have rolled blizz into VV and we would get a lot better games, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    You don't need a court verdict if everyone working there comes forward and confirms that this place is a shithole.
    I'm afraid I do.

If activision was smart, they’d cut off the Blizz portion of their company entirely or sell them

At this point, they are a major drag to their finances. They don’t even represent 10% of their earnings overall, cod and (surprisingly) mobile make up the vast majority of their income

Sell Blizz to tencent to save the stock, or watch it crash and burn and take down successful studios like cod and candy crush.

At this point, the amount of cash needed to “save” blizzard may not be financially worth it. I know this isn’t the best site to throw that opinion out but it’s true. Blizz would be better as a financial martyr to atvi, their stock would wise, and Blizz would be tencents problem

Stop standing up for Incels being told off or you come off as one yourself. The people those two responded to were shitheads who bitched about a women who probably even before the promotion made more in a year than they will make during their entire working lives being promoted in a position of leadership, coming from a position of leadership from an actually pretty neat game studio.
    bold words

stupid though

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Are you guys able to talk only using invectives?
    Its not an invective. If these guys weren't real losers, they wouldn't post anti-feminist shit for free online. They would make a grift out of it on youtube. Like the Quartering, who is already damn ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Well, her company was merged into Blizzard and she was given a vice president role where she was essentially a chief under Allen if I am not mistaken. This is essentially taking a high ranking individual with years of leading a development studio and having her fill in the leadership spot. May have been bonus points to have a woman overseeing the issues they currently have. If you are a female and you have the option to go to another woman with issues related to the lawsuits, you may feel more empowered to have someone that has also experienced the same problems in their life. She is definitely qualified regardless and I hope she does a great job.
    Yes, that would be the positive outlook. I am afraid though, that if she's been selected based on the gender, her superiors aren't treating her seriously and she might have no real power to do anything.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

7+ Year Old Account
    What about Frances Townsend? KEKW

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verrah View Post
    So, never?
    The old crew moved on my dude. Couldn't see any reason they're give up their new project to come back and rescue the bloated carcass that is WoW
    Like any company would let them back in after all of this sexual harassment stuff and then covering it up.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Its not an invective. If these guys weren't real losers, they wouldn't post anti-feminist shit for free online. They would make a grift out of it on youtube. Like the Quartering, who is already damn ugly.
    Being called an incel, 14 yo spouting shit or a mysoginist are not invective?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
    I wasn't aware of any court verdict proving the allegations.
    Since we are not the judicial system, we don't have to wait for a verdict to reach a conclusion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    oh nice, freshly hired people become leaders. And there's a token woman too, of course
    Thats what im scared, a woman in leadership hopefully for protection not for enforce femenism in games. As far as mike im excited for him since Xbox has always good people unlike Sony.

Still worried about making that woman a leader who joined recently and she knoe 0 about the game history and playerbase opinions

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzunami View Post
    Anyone blaming J Allen is a complete idiot.

He was not in charge while any of this was happening.
    Mike was though.

This is the equivalent of blaming Biden for the terrorist attack on the Capitol Hill.
    He might not be at total fault, but it’s telling that he would head out, if he was innocent he would probably be holding his ground given his position as president. That’s some pretty big paychecks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And how much mmo experience do they have ? how many successfull mmo games have they been in charge for before ? Not expecting much going forward to be honest. Hopefully im wrong, but i don't really see wow coming back after shadowlands
    Blizzard is not only about WoW. They have separate game directors for that, anyway.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Of course they will promote 2 people, with Brack leaving they where missing 2 people, Brack being President and Kaplan which was Vice President.

So before Brack / Kaplan was co-leading Blizzard, now after its Jen Oneal and Mike Ybarra that will co-lead Blizzard.
    Last edited by Raven; 2021-08-03 at 01:46 PM.

Oh look, a woman and an arabic guy. Such PR.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll give the leadership change the benefit of my doubt and hope that these sentences are truly token and not indicative the "full woke-inization" of Blizzard:

Both leaders are deeply committed to all of our employees; to the work ahead to ensure Blizzard is the safest, most welcoming workplace possible for women, and people of any gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or background; to upholding and reinforcing our values; and to rebuilding your trust.
    I look forward (I hope) to them returning to excellent story telling. Story telling absent of contemporary political, social, and cultural influences. We play games to get out of the current world, not to get into a mirror world.

lets see if they are doing a good job, before throwing tantrums like 12 year old girls

Quote Originally Posted by Drindorai View Post
    She has 13 years at Vicarious Visions.
    So what?

Anyway, the one who really needs to go is Ion. Maybe then WoW can drag itself out of the shitter.

10 years ago I would have read a change in leadership like this and thought "Nice, I bet she worked hard to get this far"

Now, because of all the controversy and movements I can't help but wonder "Did she work hard for it or did she just have the politically correct gender?"

Time will tell and I sure hope things will improve but that doubt will not go away until then.

It was a much needed change and only time will tell if it was a good more or not, both seam quite experienced and i am totally ok that they are non MMO veterans as i wrote on some other thread a few days ago. I like it a lot that they are people that have experience in the game development in general in very prestigious and well known names of the industry.

More and more women are going upwards it is a shame that a sexual harassments scandal had to break out for things to change but anyway they might turn the tide in a few years.