Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Back 4 Blood (spiritual successor to Left 4 Dead)

with early release alpha out now, and open better starting on the 12th has anyone else gotten into the game yet and tried it out?

Gotta say i was hoping for decent, and actually got a notch above. Really immerses you into the gameplay, and heavily feels like L4D3 we should of gotten.

Love the weapon attachments they put in for each gun to specialize them how you want. Each stage has a buy stage where you can refill ammo, health, and buy other guns/items to help you out. I think the best thing though is the Deck system, each round gives you a new card to "draw" which helps you out in some way. (10% more stamina, melee kills heal you for 2 hp, etc.) while the stage itself gets 1-4 corruption cards (debuffs) as the acts carry on.

Would love to hear what everyone else thinks that has gotten to play it!
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

I'm waiting to see if it launches with a triple figure price in rmt's like Evolve.

Looks great. Though the number of zombies is a bit disappointing yet. They need to crank up those numbers.

Played it.
    Seems cool so far.
    They just gonna need to support it with future content updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to use 4chans dumb autistic argument, but the game is soulless, although I don't think it's that bad, but it doesn't have the same 'umpf' that L4D had and I can't tell if it's because of the game, me, it being 2021, etc. Although It's certainly not worth $60, and I certainly don't see it lasting and what the studio or publisher may do when it comes to DLC/P2W...I really don't trust them. In the end this will just be flavor of the month shlock only made popular by streamers and you'll likely have to play with friends to enjoy it due to not being able to find randoms to play with which is a cool way to meet new people.

Edit - They need to rethink the formula too, the game should be action based, but people are standing around getting hit because they're looking at gun and attachment stats and rounds take way too long to start because you're choosing cards.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2021-08-07 at 12:27 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

If the L4D community switches over enjoy the most toxic bunck of wannabe pros ever.
    Gatekeeping was invented by that community.
    "lol he has not 20k hours kick".

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    If the L4D community switches over enjoy the most toxic bunck of wannabe pros ever.
    Cant count how many times I was kicked for missing window charge in Dead Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    This is why you only play L4D by yourself or with friends (if you have enough friends for vs, though I always preferred Coop myself).

I played L4D and L4D2 so many times with great friends and always had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

Edit - They need to rethink the formula too, the game should be action based, but people are standing around getting hit because they're looking at gun and attachment stats and rounds take way too long to start because you're choosing cards.
    meh, come on.
    choosing a card takes like... 5 seconds.
    attachments on the gun are pretty "whatever" too.

The biggest time sink I have seen were people with super bad PCs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played about 4 hours. Its as fun as any solid 4 person co-op. I like it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I loved the hell out of L4D but Back 4 Blood just isn't grabbing me. I don't know if it's the card system (which just seems hokey) or the fact that I've had zero luck with groups where one guy disconnects or AFKs which hoses the rest of us.

Also, while this is something that may be in the final product, I'm just not feeling the same attachment t the characters as I did to the L4D crew.

I enjoyed it but the lack of a campaign versus mode is gonna make me likely pass on it. Its and ok game but I have a group of 6 to 8 friends who loved to play the l4d 2 versus campaign and the lack of that in this game will make most of them not buy it so no point for me. Shame really as the pvp mode they have is rather.......meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put some more hours into this game during the evening. I can't see why I wouldn't get my monies worth out of this game. Of course its not LFD2 but its a fun 4 player coop. Only thing I can see ruining it for me is a lack of population because I can play these games with strangers, don't like playing with bots.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I loved the hell out of L4D but Back 4 Blood just isn't grabbing me. I don't know if it's the card system (which just seems hokey) or the fact that I've had zero luck with groups where one guy disconnects or AFKs which hoses the rest of us.

Also, while this is something that may be in the final product, I'm just not feeling the same attachment t the characters as I did to the L4D crew.
    Pretty much this. Played the beta, and the gunplay is really unsatisfying. There is no hit feedback whatsoever, feels like playing paintball or something. For a 60 bucks title this is really meh. L4D was WAY better than this generic stuff.

I enjoyed it for the little time I played with friends. Gun-play is pretty poor though when you aren't aiming down the sites, and when you are aiming down the sites it's only marginally better.

It's not a $60 game though... it's a $30 maybe $40 game. And the outrageous deluxe edition and whatever the other is called I just see this game flopping hard on its face.

Not very impressed to be honest perhaps it will get better though.

Could be a alright coop game.
    Do you hear the voices too?

There are some major problems with it for sure. I think you'll have a much better time if you just accept it's not L4D3, and hopefully B4B won't inherit the most toxic community since LoL.

It does get nominally better when you unlock cards, though I'd argue it's not a great system where one 50% melee damage actually makes melee viable (You'll also want the +2 health on melee kill and +3 temp health on melee kill card ideally). Hipfire on some weapons is atrocious at the base but can be made much better via attachments and cards. I sort of made a quasi-SWAT from Killing Floor 2 deck focused on SMG's and pistols and I was running around hipfiring everything while sprinting. Was neat.

But yeah, I think it can be good, but not at the base price of $60, no way no how, ESPECIALLY with the on release DLC and monetization that made Evolve infamous.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The versus mode is pure garbage, they should be ashamed. I tried campaign mode again, was nowhere as fun as the first time, I don't think it's just me- the game is bland at best.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I really enjoy the coop campaign, especially with a full group of friends. The pvp mode, at first blush, is really lacking. Hopefully TR can make something of it, the game has a lot of potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put in about 12 hours at this point. Game has potential but needs polish. That's what betas are for. Bots are useless and actually costed me 2 years before I realized trying to rez them is bait. Going a game mid-game is janky but not different than Vermintide 2..the roguelike mode that is, so not like normal players would expect. Come in at the wrong time and you might as well be a bot because the game gives no money, weapons, or cards until the end of the level.

This game can be good if they fix it the bots and make it easier for players to drop in. I like the card system, you can blame players for not making good decks baring the issues when you join a game mid.

What they should do embrace it as a game with roguelike elements.

I don't like the way gun attachments work. It doesn't seem like they way they work now is what they were going for. I'm good with randomized weapons but let me pop out that legendary mod I just bought when I come across a new weapon in the wild that's the same gun as mine but a tier above...come on devs.

I think people's milage may very with their lobbu/people they play with. I've played in some great squads that made the game really fun, some that failed and still had fun in, and some that made me want to just uninstall...
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-08-09 at 11:46 PM.