Is Anduin stronger than Arthas now?

I mean, his weapon seems to be no less powerful and he easily defeated the Archon and her entourage.

Maybe

/thread

I'm mean honestly unless a book or something's come out we really have zero information to make a fair comparison. I'd imagine he might be only because he is more directly being controlled/empowered by the jailer.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

We have nothing to suggest Arthas couldn't have done similar.

Its important to note though that it wasn't really Anduin doing it, but the Jailor using him to do so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I mean, his weapon seems to be no less powerful and he easily defeated the Archon and her entourage.
    Frostmourne is likely still stronger, given it has been explicitly described as the finest mourneblade. However, on the note of Anduin vs. Arthas, it's a malformed question. Anduin is likely no more powerful than he was before, as it appears very explicit that Anduin's feats of strength during his enslavement are best attributed to Zovaal (i.e.: Zovaal is taking direct control and is using Anduin as a conduit).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Anduin is a weakling.

Only plotarmor makes his ass strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post

Its important to note though that it wasn't really Anduin doing it, but the Jailor using him to do so.
    Is there any lore explaining why the Jailer needs Anduin? Was it only because the Jailer knew the Archon would allow an audience with Anduin?

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post

What's people's continuous obsession with Arthas being powerful?

His power came from ner'zhul, the lich king, who's power is traced eventually back to zovaal,
    Zovaal does far more with Anduin than with Arthas.

By Shadowlands it should be clear
    ANduin > Arthas

Sylvanas > arthas

Arthas is so 2008

5+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne is still the better sword, but Anduin is directly hooked up to Jailer juice. He could probably kill anyone when he's being controlled since it's essentially Zovaal.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Is there any lore explaining why the Jailer needs Anduin? Was it only because the Jailer knew the Archon would allow an audience with Anduin?
    Well, the Jailer can't leave the Maw, so he needs an agent to go outside to do his work. It's also implied during the intro questline that he's trying to find someone "worthy" of his plan, which Baine wasn't; yet when Anduin summons the light, the Jailer claims he has everything that he needs. We also know that Anduin's history was what could get him into see the Archon, and that those who draw strength from their devotion to an ideal are esteemed with the Kyrian (which is why Mograine went to Maldraxxus; his strength comes from his family). Piece all that together, Anduin allowed the Jailer to get to the Archon without the need for force, conserving his armies for the attack on Ardenweald.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2021-08-12 at 12:58 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    The jailer was trapped in his area, this we know. I'm guessing that only Anduin had the right energy to bypass the defenses protecting the seals without destroying them. Power wise Jaina was a better choice, strength went to Baine, a connection to the world went to Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Well, the Jailer can't leave the Maw, so he needs an agent to go outside to do his work. It's also implied during the intro questline that he's trying to find someone "worthy" of his plan, which Baine wasn't; yet when Anduin summons the light, the Jailer claims he has everything that he needs. We also know that Anduin's history was what could get him into serve the Arbiter, and that those who draw strength from their devotion to an ideal are esteemed with the Kyrian (which is why Mograine went to Maldraxxus; his strength comes from his family). Piece all that together, Anduin allowed the Jailer to get to the Archon without the need for force, conserving his armies for the attack on Ardenweald.
    This pretty much ends the thread lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

I'll answer all at once, ok?

1) Why do you think Arthas could have done the same lol? He is weaker than Lei Shen and I think the Archon is stronger than Lei Shen.
    2) Frostmourne was named the best Blade long before the creation of Kingsmorn, how can you know which is better?
    3) Lol, what's the difference where Anduin gets his power, my question is not about that. I mean, why are you mentioning this at all? Just because Zovaal controls Anduin does not mean that he gave all his power to Anduin. Also my question is precisely whether Anduin with a boost from the Jailer is stronger than Arthas, I don't need to be reminded 100 times that this is not Anduin's personal power.
    4) Steve Danuser has already said bluntly that the Jailer needed Anduin because he needed someone with a pure heart to enter the Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Anduin is a weakling.

Only plotarmor makes his ass strong.
    that makes no sense,the character is as strong as the writers make it

also did you not see how badass he was in that legion comic?the strings of light used to imprison and kill the dreadlord?that was one of the most badass things i have seen in a wow media

It seems to me that Anduin is basically just a vessel for the Jailer now, who is channeling his powers through him. Anduin himself has no control over these powers. Arthas did have the control, but through the corruption of Frostmourne he wasn't himself at least not fully.

Also Frostmourne was forged by the Primus and thus imbued with his Necromantic powers, allowing Arthas the incredible control over undeath that he has used. Since Kingsmourne was just forged by some Mawsworn flunky it is unlikely that it has these powers. It has the Domination magic that the Jailer himself uses, so he can do the whole chain-magic stuff, but that is likely about it.

If my instinct isn't wrong we will seein the next raid.

the real question is:

is his dick now longer than the one of Arthas ?

and does his dick shines blue ?

for more information about this, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sb6wIiHgxs

Last edited by Niwes; 2021-08-12 at 09:13 AM.

Warcraft isn't Dragonball Z. Power levels aren't a thing.

as a champion of light. Anduin is stronger than arthas

but in any other means we have nothing to hint that Anduin can do anything better than Arthas

swordsmanship? andy is priest and is not as good as arty in physical combat. also he is still teen boy
    arty had lots of fighting done. trained by uther. muradin and some human champions. while muradin said to be really good warrior

he fought undead. orcs. demons. humans and so on and as a DK was on pair with Illidan

also Arty was much smarter and unhindering than andy. quick to think and act.

as a DK arty wielded lots of power
    while andy isnot a dk
    and most recent fights it was zovaal who controlled what andy did. not himself

considering anduin is basically just an avatar of zovaal right now, yes he is stronger, cause zovaal could just pour endless amounts of power in him.

but frostmourne was almost definitely stronger than kingsmourne. it was forged by the primus himself, and specifically said to be his "finest mourneblade". frostmourne is the masterpiece of an unrivaled master smith.
    meanwhile, kingsmourne was fasioned by a random maw grunt.

its fairly obvious at this point that anduin and sylvanas were replacements for the lich king. the LK was supposed to collect souls/soulpieces for the maw, establish undead force on azeroth, and eventually tear the veil to the shadowlands open (like sylvanas). then, with frostmourne, he couldve collected the sigils of the eternal ones (like anduin).

but bc all of the LKs told zovaal to fck right off, he had to split the role he had planned for the LK between sylvanas and anduin.
    in a certain way its funny how the project "lich king" was a failure for everyone who tried to use it. it was a failure for zovaal, and it was a failure for the legion.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

I'll answer all at once, ok?

1) Why do you think Arthas could have done the same lol? He is weaker than Lei Shen and I think the Archon is stronger than Lei Shen.
    2) Frostmourne was named the best Blade long before the creation of Kingsmorn, how can you know which is better?
    3) Lol, what's the difference where Anduin gets his power, my question is not about that. I mean, why are you mentioning this at all? Just because Zovaal controls Anduin does not mean that he gave all his power to Anduin. Also my question is precisely whether Anduin with a boost from the Jailer is stronger than Arthas, I don't need to be reminded 100 times that this is not Anduin's personal power.
    4) Steve Danuser has already said bluntly that the Jailer needed Anduin because he needed someone with a pure heart to enter the Bastion
    Arthas legendary power comes from frostmourne and the helm - those zovaal based powers he carried, he didn't need the levels zovaal needed anduin to have to destroy an archon,

so the best answer is that zovaal used Anduin more powerfully than he did Arthas, and accomplished far more with Anduin than Arthas.

so at the height of their powers from Zovaal, Anduin > Arthas. Anduin has simply wielded more of that power than Arthas ever did. Arthas never crossed that realm during his reign either.