Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Indeed, comparing this situation to Dance Studio makes zero sense unless you're grasping at straws in an attempt to create an argument.
    It's not unrelated. Your argument was "if they intended X, why did they announce Y and not X?" And the Dance Studio is an example of "if they intended X, why did they announce Y and not X?" because if Blizzard didn't plan on adding Dance Studio anymore, why did they kept pushing it back and pushing it back in interviews instead of just just saying "we shelved it" like they did several years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post

Just a support legendary all along.
    Source? Because that looks not really reliable. Especially since evoker can't use fist weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not unrelated. Your argument was "if they intended X, why did they announce Y and not X?" And the Dance Studio is an example of "if they intended X, why did they announce Y and not X?" because if Blizzard didn't plan on adding Dance Studio anymore, why did they kept pushing it back and pushing it back in interviews instead of just just saying "we shelved it" like they did several years later?
    Arguing precedence with a fanatic doesn't go very far. I tried that already prior to 10.1 and he invented conspiracy theories as a response. For him, it's not about logic, it's about belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's entirely unrelated because the third spec isn't an announced feature that has zero basis in existing content. The Evoker third spec is an addition to an existing class and has lore supports and datamined items to back up it's existence. Thus it makes it a more tangible item than the dance studio. A developer confronted with the possibility of a Evoker third spec would address it the way Ion addressed the Demon Hunter 3rd spec (which Ion did). Again, it is amusing watching detractors use the completely unrelated Dance Studio example and completely ignore the far more relevant (and recent) Demon Hunter third spec example

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    Arguing precedence with a fanatic doesn't go very far. I tried that already prior to 10.1 and he invented conspiracy theories as a response. For him, it's not about logic, it's about belief.
    The Dance Studio has literally nothing to do with the Evoker third spec. Dance Studio was a proposed feature that got bogged down in development hell and was eventually scraped almost a decade ago. The Evoker third spec is a hidden additional spec to an existing WoW class that has multiple lore points and PTR items related to its existence.

Again, if the Evoker third spec was scrapped or not coming, Ion would have simply said as such. Just like the DH 3rd spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Source? Because that looks not really reliable. Especially since evoker can't use fist weapons.
    Errr.... Evokers can use fist weapons....

It's entirely unrelated because the third spec isn't an announced feature that has zero basis in existing content. The Evoker third spec is an addition to an existing class and has lore supports and datamined items to back up it's existence. Thus it makes it a more tangible item than the dance studio. A developer confronted with the possibility of a Evoker third spec would address it the way Ion addressed the Demon Hunter 3rd spec (which Ion did). Again, it is amusing watching detractors use the completely unrelated Dance Studio example and completely ignore the far more relevant (and recent) Demon Hunter third spec example

- - - Updated - - -

The Dance Studio has literally nothing to do with the Evoker third spec. Dance Studio was a proposed feature that got bogged down in development hell and was eventually scraped almost a decade ago. The Evoker third spec is a hidden additional spec to an existing WoW class that has multiple lore points and PTR items related to its existence.

Again, if the Evoker third spec was scrapped or not coming, Ion would have simply said as such. Just like the DH 3rd spec.
    That's textbook confirmation bias (and its companion disconfirmation bias). You not only actively accept only that which supports your position but you also actively reject anything that doesn't support your position. It's hilarious to watch and it is why it is impossible to take you seriously. You write your own jokes to be used against yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's textbook confirmation bias (and its companion disconfirmation bias). You not only actively accept only that which supports your position but you also actively reject anything that doesn't support your position. It's hilarious to watch and it is why it is impossible to take you seriously. You write your own jokes to be used against yourself.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming. What I'm saying is that you can't compare Evoker third spec to Dance Studio because the Evoker third spec was never announced content, and there's zero evidence that it was scrapped. In fact, Ion's interview gives evidence in the opposite direction.

Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming. What I'm saying is that you can't compare Evoker third spec to Dance Studio because the Evoker third spec was never announced content, and there's zero evidence that it was scrapped. In fact, Ion's interview gives evidence in the opposite direction.
    Repetition of the same fallacy does not make it true; It makes you persistent. Persistent doesn't make you right.

They will get a third spec that in essence will be the bard spec ppl been asking for. ¨

kek

10+ Year Old Account
    Repetition of the same fallacy does not make it true; It makes you persistent. Persistent doesn't make you right.
    And at this point you're simply talking nonsense. How is interpreting Ion's statement that "There will be no Evoker 3rd spec in 10.1" as "Possibly there will be an Evoker 3rd spec after 10.1" a fallacy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the leaked legendary screenie was fake, but the concept itself gained more credibility.

And at this point you're simply talking nonsense. How is interpreting Ion's statement that "There will be no Evoker 3rd spec in 10.1" as "Possibly there will be an Evoker 3rd spec after 10.1" a fallacy?
    Nonsense is confirming you don't actually fully believe it is happening, yet argue it will. That made me giggle.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.
    Practically should frame that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense is confirming you don't actually fully believe it is happening, yet argue it will. That made me giggle.
    I'm not arguing that it will, I'm arguing that it can.

There is a difference.

Also thanks for not answering the question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Looks like the leaked legendary screenie was fake, but the concept itself gained more credibility.
    The secrecy behind all of this is so weird. Sylvanas' bow was simply given to the Hunter class, and it was a known legendary way before the 9.1 patch went live.

I wonder what Blizzard's endgame for all of this is.

The secrecy behind all of this is so weird. Sylvanas' bow was simply given to the Hunter class, and it was a known legendary way before the 9.1 patch went live.

Their endgame for a faked screenshot? Probably nothing as it had nothing to do with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their endgame for a faked screenshot? Probably nothing as it had nothing to do with them.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/evoker-...poilers-332864

Please read before commenting. Thank you.

I'm not arguing that it will, I'm arguing that it can.

There is a difference.

Also thanks for not answering the question.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost, and I mean almost as if we had legendaries with quests attached before. Weird how that's a thing right? Sometimes a legendary is just that, a legendary... and not some conspiracy for a new spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, which has been done before. To refresh your memory:

Atiesh
    Fangs of the Father
    Ulduar Legendary
    Tarecgosa staff
    etc
    etc

And before you start "But this is evoker only!!!!!" And fangs of the father were for what class? Sunwell bow was for what class? etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    It's almost, and I mean almost as if we had legendaries with quests attached before. Weird how that's a thing right? Sometimes a legendary is just that, a legendary... and not some conspiracy for a new spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, which has been done before. To refresh your memory:

Atiesh
    Fangs of the Father
    Ulduar Legendary
    Tarecgosa staff
    etc
    etc

And before you start "But this is evoker only!!!!!" And fangs of the father were for what class? Sunwell bow was for what class? etc etc
    Again, all of those were known in pre-patch. Hell, Blizzard announced Fangs of the Father questline before 4.3 dropped. We knew of Sylvanas' bow for Hunters way before 9.1 was released. We're currently IN 10.1 with the raid opening up today and we still don't even know the NAME of this legendary, or what it does. We know there's something, because Ion hinted at it months ago.

Why the secrecy? That's all I'm asking.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-09 at 05:01 PM.

Actually, I did. And the problem is the same, their post says it is unconfirmed. It is fake because evokers don't use fist weapons. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I did.
    Then why were you talking about a faked screenshot?

And the problem is the same, their post says it is unconfirmed. It is fake because evokers don't use fist weapons. At all.
    Actually, Evokers do use fist weapons;

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...classes/evoker

Available Weapons
    Daggers, Fist Weapons, Axes, Maces, Swords, Staves
    Also Ion stated that Evokers would be getting something from the Sakareth fight. A new titan-based legendary would fit the bill.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-09 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I did. And the problem is the same, their post says it is unconfirmed. It is fake because evokers don't use fist weapons. At all.
    ... I transmog a fist weapon on my Evoker all the time.

It's entirely unrelated because the third spec isn't an announced feature that has zero basis in existing content.
    Which puts it at a worse position than Dance Studio was. Because the Dance Studio was at least announced and promised, and it still didn't happen, despite the developers saying 'next time', 'next time', 'next time', and so on and so forth. If they were willing to do that with a feature they announced and promised, why do you think it'd be any different from a feature they did not announce and never promised that doesn't even exist and most likely won't exist for at least quite some time?

Again: Dance Studio. If the feature was scrapped, why did Blizzard didn't just say it instead of just saying "after Ulduar", "after this", "after that", "we'll still do it", etc?