Page 1 of 32
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Rage quitters in m+ deserve a massive penalty

    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.

  2. #2
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    No thanks. Sometimes a group is just a dud and I don't wanna be forced to stay in it and waste who knows how much of my time.
    So you want to promote abusive behavior. Why do you think that should be allowed by the TOS?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    I don't get your argument (aside from the abuse you do with your main). If they are not punished for the abuse in the first case of your example, then they will make it worse for your alts.

  4. #4
    Warchief Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    It's funny how idiots and assholes stay the same over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  5. #5
    Immortal Evolixe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Shadows
    Posts
    7,286
    If you have a good run people don't leave, seems like kind of a nonissue to me /shrug

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    If you have a good run people don't leave, seems like kind of a nonissue to me /shrug
    It's way more nuanced that that. E.g. a lot of the time the abusers leave 4 minutes before the end because they have done that key level already. So whoever "failed" it's pure abuse for at least 3 other players in there.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.
    Rage posting should be banned too...
    "Aren't you worried?"
    "Would it help?"

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Sugho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    That's really sad to read, you need to learn how to deal with rejection.

  9. #9
    Over 9000! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    9,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    That's one of the most petty and sad things I've read on here XD
    While I have to agree, I can hardly blame @Nachtigal. That crap can get really infuriating at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

  10. #10
    on a side not but somehow related with the new system you can get away with not timing a 15 for your ksm, i got ksm with many dungeons completed but untimed, before people would join a 15 for ksm and the second any mistake happened dipped, i think once people catch on that you have some lee way now leavers shouldnt be as big of a problem, but people are still so used to the old system they rly havent changed their behavior accordingly- - think if your pushing high keys like 18+ obviously people there have higher expectations and leaving is much more fine because your doing it purely for score and not really a tangible benefit

  11. #11
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,422
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.
    Absolutely positively, if AND only if you can do one thing: prove that they rage quit.

  12. #12
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,463
    I had literally 3 leavers this whole season with more than a 100 keys completed.

    1)Don't take 2 minutes to make you group if puging, that's just stupid. Take your time, find good players.
    2)Don't be so bad at the game that everyone playing with you are leaving

    That's really the only 2 reasons you can keep having leavers. Sure it can happen but if it's really that occurring to you, you mostly are the problem.
    That said it's also probably worse at low level keys. I never did a key under 15 this season, may help.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Femininity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Woman in a Man's World
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Rage posting should be banned too...
    Came here to say this.

    OT: While it sucks to have a late-stage leaver, there's little in the way of moderating others' behavior outside of developing some kind of social structure that de-emphasizes this kind of action.

    Like, a guild or something.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Hyperion - Primal NA - Lone Hero

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.
    Large part of the community is just meh. I had a key where the tank blamed everyone else than himself putting mistakes down to other when his friends were the ones making em. He asked a mage to stun a mob, didn't use AoE and let the healer die from healing aggro and blamed the healer and on top of that he spat on us who were clearly boosting him and his friend when we were about to pull the last boss.. So I did the only right choice at that point, left the dungeon before killing the last boss.

    Now as to rage quitters getting punished is the right direction, I don't know. Blizz brought this to themselves without managing the community for such a long time and now that people have gotten away with it for over a decade, you can't just go back and change it. What I fear they take a book out of FFXIV, but do it with auto moderation so the system will be used to abuse rather than fix a broken part of the game.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.
    People are allowed to quit for whatever reason, at whatever time they choose, in PUG groups. There is no contract requiring them to stay.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    That's really sad to read, you need to learn how to deal with rejection.
    I did. Did you not read my post? Kekw

    When I’ve paid my dues and proved I can clear your 15, and you’re bein a dick about not inviting me? Yeah, I’m gonna try and do something about it.

    If it’s comp related, that’s understandable.

    But when I try and show you I’m more than capable, and you take the ignorant route and try to bait me into a rage? That’s karma.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    No thanks. When I'm trying to get my alts thru a 15 and they repeatedly decline me even though I'm entirely capable of timing any 15... I love nothing more than to find them on my main, queue up, smash the meters and drop group after first boss. ^_^
    Yikes. Loser alert

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    No thanks. Sometimes a group is just a dud and I don't wanna be forced to stay in it and waste who knows how much of my time.
    Last night - our healer rage quit our key.

    They were fully justified - we were tired and totally F'ed up the first trash in DoS, twice.

    I don't think penalising them would be fair - even though they did 'rage quit'.

    That's not to mention people who genuinely D/C etc.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  19. #19
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,370
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It’s purely abusive behavior that should be banned, because 99% of the time they do it because 1 out of 5 failed so they abuse 3 out of 5 there without deserving it.
    for people who rage quit and quit because they're assholes, yeah there should be a consequence. Problem is, how do you enforce that when there are also other more legit reasons for leaving a group - shit group, sudden emergency like a fire evacuation or something medical involving a family member; the list goes on and on.

  20. #20
    It’s no abusive, and you saying the word over and over doesn’t make it so. Sorry.


    Don’t conflate something like a waste of time or inconvenient as abusive.

    @Daish stop making every thread you show up in about your incessant need to point out the game’s flawed report system. Your 1000 hours of being toxic surely makes you an expert on abusing ( @epigramx proper way of using the word) it but we don’t need to hear it every time you want to share the fruits of your “labors” here.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-08-13 at 03:42 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •