Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    we getting blizzcon this year ?

I am looking forward to next year's online event they more or less promised.

I do not care about all the fluff and hypocrisy about who does what where, I am old enough to know the world sucks and people suck.

I just want to hear what their plans for WOW are: How many content patches are scheduled and maybe a teaser towards the next expansion. Bonus points for mechanic reveal like player housing.

Blizzcon this year would not happen in its traditional form because COVID-concerns and also they have really nothing new to talk about, and that's before the shitstorm. The lawsuit and cleaning up the company will put everything on hold. The company needs new leadership everywhere, and even if they find the right people, it will take time to establish a productive and unified development community. If it's ever coming back in a physical form, which I think might be 50/50 at best, I'd say 2023 is the earliest. And that presupposes there are any fans die hard enough left to make the trip at that time.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Like there's going to be a Blizzcon probably ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I think it will be another Onlinecon Really. Which is a shame

They already said there won't be Blizzcon???

Am waiting for con from Dream Haven rather than any Blizzcon. Not that am not excited about games they might ship, I just have 0 interest on their developer insight as most of the time(at least on WoW) it just disappoints me more than it gives anything good. No real issues are ever talked about and we just go over non-important points for an hour and nothing of substance is talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    So in the meantime, we’re planning a global event for the early part of next year, combining an online show along the lines of our recent BlizzConline with smaller in-person gatherings
    There is still one coming.

Exited for chat moderation vs users

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Its going to be EPIC!

Can't wait to see whats in store for Diablo 4 and WOW!!!

Well. It is already confirmed that there won't be a BlizzCon 2021 before the drama even happened. There most likely will be a BlizzConline, though.

As for your attempt at humor, the fired people can't be that missed, as they've already been replaced.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I have a very stressful date today, but this made me laugh!

Can't wait for their new reasoning, don't you guys love to work without getting paid?!

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Its going to be EPIC!

Can't wait to see whats in store for Diablo 4 and WOW!!!

If they plan to release the wow expansion next year when it would normally be released you can be almost certain that it will be shit because they were already working on it for quite some time and will most likely feature same crap story and grind systems so it will be cringe. The only way it will be good if they scrap it and start over but that would mean at least one year delay.

I predict there will never be another in-person Blizzcon. There might even never be another online Blizzcon.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I predict there will never be another in-person Blizzcon. There might even never be another online Blizzcon.
    shame really. i went to the 05 and 09 one and the atmosphere's were both top tier, especially 09 when the company was at it's peak for WoW.

I kind of agree, i don't think we'll ever have another blizzcon in person on the scale we are used to. Not anymore.

Blizzard as a whole seems to be kinda rudderless and without a lot to show off.

If they want to make it up to fans and really have a blizzcon again.... they'd need to have Diablo 4 shown off with a release date within 30 days, diablo immortal released same day free with zero mtx in the store and a written guarantee not to ever add a single MTX in the game, Starcraft 3, overwatch 2 complete and ready to go that day, WoW 2.0, etc..... in other words, it wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I agree with this, I suspect that with the recent revelations about the culture at Blizzard has put the final nail in the Blizzcon coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    If they want to make it up to fans and really have a blizzcon again.... they'd need to have Diablo 4 shown off with a release date within 30 days, diablo immortal released same day free with zero mtx in the store and a written guarantee not to ever add a single MTX in the game, Starcraft 3, overwatch 2 complete and ready to go that day, WoW 2.0, etc..... in other words, it wont happen
    What will happen is that Blizzard isn't going to take demands like this seriously. They'll have a gathering if they think appropriate although Santa Monica is going to have more say about that while Blizzard is ATVI's worst-performing division. As for Q&A's if they have any concerns that people will bring pitchforks and torches they'll simply have everyone write their questions on cards, have them submitted and answer the ones they want to answer. It all looks grim now but by 2023 much is likely to be forgiven.

I have no doubts that if they decided to put on a real Blizzcon and put tickets up for sale, they would sell out just as they always have. Of course Blizzcon has a commercial purpose but the stuff about a fan gathering isn't hand-waving and there will be a desire for that after a year or so.

There are a lot of forum vultures talking nonsense at this point. It doesn't mean all that much now and will mean much less in a few months, much less in a year.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Like there's going to be a Blizzcon probably ever again.
    Also like they would ever have anything worthwhile to show again but its not like the sheep won't still cheerfully clap for amazing stuff like :

Announcing Shadowlands 9.2 for end of 2023
    More news about about Overwatch copy pasted code called Overwatch 2
    Diablo 4 news or how we are sorry we have to delay it again 2 more years since the D3 copy paste needs a new rework. The skill tree technology is not there yet.
    Warcraft 3 Revived. This time for sure we make it good. We promise. Please preorder again.
    Hearthstone Classic.
    Diablo 2 Resurrected Prime Evil DLC to deliver TCP/IP Multiplayer and Ladder seasons.

we know they have multiple mobile games in the works and evne new ips.

allen adham said their game lineup is the greatest it has ever been.

so either they have a weak blizzcon, or they go all out in order to gain forvigness.

but what genres do they even have left to make lol. ignoring a buch of mobile games, what new ip pc game can they make.

the world hopes for a new mmo

5+ Year Old Account
    At this moment, I simply don't give a flapping #$&@ about Blizzcon. The only thing that might interest me is D4, which in proper Diablo tradition seems to be stuck in development hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.