Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Haha. All this complaining. Now that you all finally get some fun stuff and you are all happy. How unbelievable

Really don't think these things were slated for next expansion... Even then, having things ready for next installment of the game is just game development.

I mean they already work on the next expansion. Lots of minor things will already be done. Hell, they might have completed a zone. Should they release that now if that's the case? This goes for all gaming companies.

Everyone creates content for planned releases. Some will obviously be complete way ahead of others. I don't even get the snarky comment on it.
    Hell they probably have some armor sets ready for next expansion. Should release it now as well I guess.

New ears on unplayed races. "wow is saved".
    It's more an insult to players than anythng else.

Quote Originally Posted by LowFass View Post
    New Customization Options!!!!

They are most likely done already but would have been gated to only release next expansion as a "new feature".

I don't care if it's damage control from the parts of high ranking officials greenlighting this feature "earlier",
    or if the employees decided to implement them now,

but this whole debacle has turned out to finally be of some use for the game community.
    There's... no actual reason to assume this is the result of an "employee takeover" and not the fabled "suits" realizing they better start delivering off the long term wishlist whiteboard just to keep the game profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Really don't think these things were slated for next expansion... Even then, having things ready for next installment of the game is just game development.

I mean they already work on the next expansion. Lots of minor things will already be done. Hell, they might have completed a zone. Should they release that now if that's the case? This goes for all gaming companies.

Everyone creates content for planned releases. Some will obviously be complete way ahead of others. I don't even get the snarky comment on it.
    Hell they probably have some armor sets ready for next expansion. Should release it now as well I guess.
    They not even working on patch 9.2. I doubt they're working on the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Haha. All this complaining. Now that you all finally get some fun stuff and you are all happy. How unbelievable
    Yep, I was sceptical at first that this shitshow can ever bring up something good, but there is at least SOMETHING now

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news for sure.

Now give me my narrow eyes on my nightborne and make them look like their npcs and I might consider playing one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    There's... no actual reason to assume this is the result of an "employee takeover" and not the fabled "suits" realizing they better start delivering off the long term wishlist whiteboard just to keep the game profitable.
    That's why I said: "I don't care if it's damage control from the parts of high ranking officials greenlighting this feature "earlier""

Maybe it was just damage control, I don't care either way, just give content :P

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, it's not "buyed" it's "bought" you pathetic idiot.

Other than that, I never gave a shit about the issue in the first place. I care about the game and nothing else.
    Blizzard is big enough to be in an exemplary position for the rest of the game development world. If any of you don't care about the issues currently happening at Blizzard, I implore you to do so, or at least look into them a little deeper than just "how does this affect *me*, *right now*". Because if you extrapolate where this is going, the only games with heart and soul will be indie titles, pretty soon. And while that is fine for singleplayer games, I dread to think of what'll happen to the rest.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

This is just a tiny speck of hope in a vast ocean of dissatisfaction, but a speck nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They not even working on patch 9.2. I doubt they're working on the next expansion.
    You're right. All development have seized. Even after hiring more people...
    What a ludicrous statement. Of course they are already working on next expansion. Considering they release it on a 2 year cycle. The next expansion starts even before the one ahead of it is released. Al be it mostly on planning stage.

Or you think they crank expansions out in 7-8 months after last patch? If so I'm impressed.

Hell, they not working on 9.2 (got source?) just implies they work even more on the next expansion. Its not like they sit with a thumb up their ass...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'm still baffled why you deliberately wrote incorrect sentences in your locked thread.
    Maybe to garner attention, or is it a new writing form to put out information in the most concise way possible?

Agree with all, It could very well be that no other changes will be present, that's why I said we shall see if it will be worth to resub
    I've said it many times already - English isn't my native language. But I think, that my level of English is enough to be understood by others. At least it's not Google Translate. Do you understand, that trolling me about my English can be treated as racism?

And yeah. Blizzard have always been trying to show, that artwork - is very hard work for them, so it's one of such things, that "cost us raid tier". But recent situation with Reforged clearly shown, that they can easily outsource their artwork, so artwork isn't big deal. And bad thing - some players resub due to such small things, that constantly allow Blizzard to avoid making real fixes to their game.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-08-20 at 07:30 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Blizzard is big enough to be in an exemplary position for the rest of the game development world. If any of you don't care about the issues currently happening at Blizzard, I implore you to do so, or at least look into them a little deeper than just "how does this affect *me*, *right now*". Because if you extrapolate where this is going, the only games with heart and soul will be indie titles, pretty soon. And while that is fine for singleplayer games, I dread to think of what'll happen to the rest.
    Sure, I care about it insofar that employees can keep making games they love. And that employees are up to snuff. AND not harassed by idiot officials. If they are the problem they need to go. But how the fuck has this been spun into a gender issue yet again??

I care that employees are NOT selected based on being a woman, a person of colour, or being non-binary.

I care about quality. Quality needs to be ensured by hiring competent developers AND ensuring they can work in peace.

If a white man is objectively better than a transgender black woman, the white man needs to be hired.
    If it's the other way around, they(?) should be hired instead.
    Last edited by LowFass; 2021-08-20 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You're right. All development have seized. Even after hiring more people...
    What a ludicrous statement. Of course they are already working on next expansion. Considering they release it on a 2 year cycle. The next expansion starts even before the one ahead of it is released. Al be it mostly on planning stage.

Or you think they crank expansions out in 7-8 months after last patch? If so I'm impressed.

Hell, they not working on 9.2 (got source?) just implies they work even more on the next expansion. Its not like they sit with a thumb up their ass...
    I didn't know you worked for Blizzard and know exactly what they are and aren't working on.

Furthermore, Jeff Hamilton said this on Twitter "I don’t know what to do. I don’t have all the answers. I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out. And that benefits nobody - not the players, not the developers, not the shareholders.’’

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I've said it many times already - English isn't my native language. But I think, that my level of English is enough to be understood by others. At least it's not Google Translate. Do you understand, that trolling me about my English can be treated as racism?

And yeah. Blizzard have always been trying to show, that artwork - is very hard work for them, so it's one of such things, that "cost us raid tier". But recent situation with Reforge clearly shown, that they can easily outsource their artwork, so artwork isn't big deal. And bad thing - some players resub due to such small things, that constantly allow Blizzard to avoid making real fixes to their game.
    It's plainly visible that sometimes you use correct grammar, and sometimes you deliberately blunder it up.
    It's not in the least about whether you are a native speaker or not. It's about why you deliberately use this kind of lingo which fascinates me
    Tell me as to why instead of coming up with weird conspiracy theories XD

Again, hence why I said we shall wait and see. If other areas improve too, it will be beneficial to resub

Sad how easily some can be convinced to gain back trust. No wonder the game will never change.

I didn't know you worked for Blizzard and know exactly what they are and aren't working on.

Furthermore, Jeff Hamilton said this on Twitter "I don’t know what to do. I don’t have all the answers. I can tell you, almost no work is being done on World of Warcraft right now while this obscenity plays out. And that benefits nobody - not the players, not the developers, not the shareholders.’’
    Exactly this quote. this is what upset me the most about this shitshow at that time. And now this has given me hope, maybe in vain, maybe not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Sad how easily some can be convinced to gain back trust. No wonder the game will never change.
    I don't trust them yet.
    I only celebrate this news for now. Many more need to come to convince me after this tiny spec :P

Exactly this quote. this is what upset me the most about this shitshow at that time. And now this has given me hope, maybe in vain, maybe not
    Tbh, they likely had these models and were saving them for later or simply had them done and were going to release them in 9.1.5 regardless. Either way, I don't think these new things had been worked on recently which makes the addition that much more insulting because, once again, they should have been included at the expansion's launch rather than fucking drip feeding the game content.

Tbh, they likely had these models and were saving them for later or simply had them done and were going to release them in 9.1.5 regardless. Either way, I don't think these new things had been worked on recently which makes the addition that much more insulting because, once again, they should have been included at the expansion's launch rather than fucking drip feeding the game content.
    This is exactly what I wrote in my opening post. We shall wait and see, but right now, I'm full of hope. MANY more need to come tho.

This is exactly what I wrote in my opening post. We shall wait and see, but right now, I'm full of hope. MANY more need to come tho.
    I don't think much else will be added. Shadowlands has really proven that Blizzard views WoW as nothing but a cash cow they think they can just skate on. The quality of the expansion has been utter trash and this drip-fed content further shows they just don't give a shit about the game like they used to.