Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Really curious how they do this since KOTOR isn't cannon. Are they really going to do a direct remake with the same story and mechanics or is this going to be a remake like the FF7 remake that is only sort of a remake? I really hope it is the former.
    Probably shot for shot..KOTOR was never canon that's the entire reason why it was set so far before the first movie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Probably shot for shot..KOTOR was never canon that's the entire reason why it was set so far before the first movie
    I know it was never canon, but it was released at a time when that hardly mattered. Now, with how strongly Disney controls that kind of thing it just makes me wonder. Maybe this is a sign they are loosening their grip on that kinda thing and if this remake does well we may see future projects set in the Old Republic era. Fingers crossed.

I know it was never canon, but it was released at a time when that hardly mattered. Now, with how strongly Disney controls that kind of thing it just makes me wonder. Maybe this is a sign they are loosening their grip on that kinda thing and if this remake does well we may see future projects set in the Old Republic era. Fingers crossed.
    I mean they do kinda loosen the grip on some of the older properties. Look at the end of Clone Wars and how well that actually ended the series, the end of Rebels and actually bringing Vice Admiral Thrawn back into the canon. Personally if this does well I would like them to do 2 and you know..actually finish it so we don't have to use a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    KOTOR was never canon
    The Mouse owns the IP now. Canon is literally whatever the Mouse decides is canon at any moment in time. If they decide KOTOR is canon tomorrow, it becomes canon. If they decide it isn't canon two weeks later, well, guess what? If they think they can squeeze a couple of bucks out of it by canonizing it, it WILL happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The Mouse owns the IP now. Canon is literally whatever the Mouse decides is canon at any moment in time. If they decide KOTOR is canon tomorrow, it becomes canon. If they decide it isn't canon two weeks later, well, guess what? If they think they can squeeze a couple of bucks out of it by canonizing it, it WILL happen.
    Something Lucas could of done the entire time but never did....Hell KOTOR has been remade SINCE the buyout they could of changed it then even slightly then but they never did. Disney is a lot of things but after the Last Jedi..and Rise of Skywalker for that matter they know better than to mess with already established things.

Fuck besides the movies most of the Star Wars things they have released HAVE been good. Hell I'd argue the movies outside of Empire have never really been that good to begin with but most of the stuff AROUND it has been steller (with the occasional Ewoks and Battlefront 2 mucking things up)

I'd love to see an updated version of the N64,/GameCube/Arcade Gauntlet games

Morrowind, Fallout:NV, stalker and maybe Company of heroes 1.

This!
    God I was so disappointed in civ beyond earth or whatever. Alpha centauri to this day claims a playthrough every so often but damn a little shine up wouldnt hurt it.
    Total War Shogun 2 would steal my soul again with a little update as well.
    Last edited by Driahtvacahtve; 2021-09-10 at 11:21 AM.

MechAssault and MechAssault:Lone Wolf were my jam back in the original Xbox days. The sound was amazing just from a mech's core exploding. Balance was rock-paper-scissors. It had near perfect online play, it's beyond me on why they haven't made a remaster

Lula the sex Empire needs a remake. So many happy memories playing that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    MechAssault and MechAssault:Lone Wolf were my jam back in the original Xbox days. The sound was amazing just from a mech's core exploding. Balance was rock-paper-scissors. It had near perfect online play, it's beyond me on why they haven't made a remaster
    Those needs rereleases if only because emulation for the original xbox never took off outside of Microsoft just saying screw it and doing it themselves, and they’ve yet to make them available for BC. Probably licensing issues with the Battletech IP endangering preservation of it if I were to guess.

I believe Old Republic era stuff is considered an official part of the timeline as it is so far in the past it really doesn't matter to the shows and films they're making.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Quest for Glory series.
    Ahh, a person of culture!

After the KOTOR reveal, all i need is Gothic 1-2 remakes and im complete

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    After the KOTOR reveal, all i need is Gothic 1-2 remakes and im complete
    You're not too far off then, they're doing the first one. If it'll do well I would imagine they're inclined to remake the second one too.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    None, almost all remasters are objectively shitter than the original.
    I was really happy with the Quake I remaster. They put out the remaster on the Nintendo Switch and PC. I already had quake 1 through steam. I got the remaster for free through my steam version. I have the old cd rom version of it too. I had to mod the original version of Quake to get it to work on windows 10. Now with the remaster, it works great. It also looks great. I never used to play Quake 1 very often. I first played it on the n64. Quake 2 came out on the n64 before quake 1. I like Quake 2 a lot and played it a lot more. The remaster looks really good and plays really well. I am really enjoying playing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Final Fantasy VII. It needs a remaster, not a remake.
    Why are you guys hating on remakes? Resident Evil 2 is a great remake as well as Zelda: Links awakening.
    There isn't anything wrong about remakes as long as it follows closely the original game.
    I for one would like a Parasite Eve remake and also Mario RPG remake.

Asherons Call would be one id like to see remade but I think a lot of the charm it had was due to the engine that i just dont think can be re-captured

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Why are you guys hating on remakes? Resident Evil 2 is a great remake as well as Zelda: Links awakening.
    There isn't anything wrong about remakes as long as it follows closely the original game.
    I for one would like a Parasite Eve remake and also Mario RPG remake.
    How did you get from us not liking FF7 Remake to us hating remakes in general? Logic, people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alundra 1, Colony Wars Trilogy, Max Payne 2, MGS1-4, Freelancer, Bully, Zone of the Enders 1 and 2, Silent Hill 2, the entire Legacy of Kain series and Dawn of War 1.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-09-13 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Moar to add