Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Also, what new people? The president was replaced, but Ion is still in charge of WoW. These are the same people that have been here before and kept implementing beta fedback in the last patch. Only now we get it a bit sooner cause we had these two nasty lawsuits and Blizzard isn't sure they will reach 9.35 unless they do something quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This just in: Car manufacturer selling cars without wheels in the hopes that people will buy the version with wheels a year later. Meanwhile, all the people who bought cars without wheels are mad that they were stupid enough to buy a car without wheels. This is clearly the manufacturer's fault though!
    This is the dumbest shit I have ever read.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lord knows this community won't be.
    You say that as if it were our fault. Well pardon me if I am hesitant to pull my pants in front of somebody who has been fucking me in the arse for seven years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You haven't read WoW novels, haven't you?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFubuki13 View Post
    How can this outsider perspective exist that perceives Blizzard as both obliviously incompetent and still capable of Machiavellian business planning at all levels of the company?
    It's easy. Just accept Blizzard is evil and it's more important than common logic. Now with that knowledge go my friend, visit every bitching video on reddit/youtube and tell people how wholesome they are (videos, not people)!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Absolutely this.

From everything we've hear, people at Blizz work long hours and often in unpleasant circumstances. Why would they do that if not for love of the game?

Yes, things could be better but there's no one actively working to harm the game.
    A paycheck, it doesn't matter if you absolutely love WoW and Blizz, at the end of the day you need to eat something and sleep somewhere. The buck should stop in the executive suite.

SL is the third expansion with borrowed power, if you're going to make a system that you can bolt on, they you need to be able to take it off.

They may not be actively working to harm the game, it sure seems to me that they are doing everything they can to extract money from it. If there is a choice between benefiting the shareholders or benefiting the players then they must needs choose that which benefits the shareholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It's no dumber than the people who claim Blizzard makes a shitty product intentionally so they can fix it later. You'd have to be dumb enough to buy a car without wheels to follow that line of reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    They're not 'listening', they're purposely crippling the game on release so that they can fix it later and call it a patch. This is not new.
    Oh ye bad bad blizzard gonna hurt you with their evil mau ways.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2021-08-31 at 10:57 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

This just in: Car manufacturer selling cars without wheels in the hopes that people will buy the version with wheels a year later. Meanwhile, all the people who bought cars without wheels are mad that they were stupid enough to buy a car without wheels. This is clearly the manufacturer's fault though!
    You don't get it man! Blizz hates money so they want the game to suck and die for a while so they can get people coming back to the game months later to play for a month or two...wait. That's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You don't get it man! Blizz hates money so they want the game to suck and die for a while so they can get people coming back to the game months later to play for a month or two...wait. That's not right.
    ...people actually non-ironically think like this. It's sad.

It's no dumber than the people who claim Blizzard makes a shitty product intentionally so they can fix it later. You'd have to be dumb enough to buy a car without wheels to follow that line of reasoning.
    I mean when you say it like that, yeah it sounds stupid. Perhaps I didn't put it the best way either, but it's undeniable that they've been following a pattern of releasing restricted content (despite overwhelming negative feedback regarding it), just to eventually 'listen' to feedback and change it down the line.

I mean when you say it like that, yeah it sounds stupid. Perhaps I didn't put it the best way either, but it's undeniable that they've been following a pattern of releasing restricted content (despite overwhelming negative feedback regarding it), just to eventually 'listen' to feedback and change it down the line.
    The point is that the product wasn't obfuscated in any way by Blizzard. Blizzard wasn't trying to intentionally create a bad product. They released the product they released. If you buy that product and dislike it, that's fine. But just because you bought the product doesn't mean Blizzard is under any obligation to listen to your feedback. Voting with your wallet is the easiest way to let the developers know you do not like the game. Blizzard changing their mind about the design direction of the game mid-way through an expansion isn't always proof that they were implicitly wrong or intentionally misguided. It means they tried something, it didn't pan out the way they wanted and they're going a different direction. You don't have to paint everything in the light of Blizzard developers "ignoring feedback," when the reality is much less malicious.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-08-31 at 10:56 PM.

It’s silly to fall into the trap of believing Blizzard devs intentionally push out a tanked product to make it appear they’re listening to us n repairing it post launch.

I think the fact of the matter is, the devs have for a long time lost touch with their player base. With minimal to no real competition to incentivise them polish a product to the point of drawing people into the game they’ve ended up pushing sub par stuff onto us.

I think the devs over the years have forgotten idea of making a game that makes us, the player, want to waste our time and play something fun, and have ended up delivering a product that just wastes our time.

Because what happens if everything is open? Some people rush to finish everything they can, make a thread bitching about a lack of content and usually unsub. They cannot win because content is gated or ungated it will piss off some people. Too many voices want things done their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    And gating said "fixes" behind current grinds
    If you're calling anything that's coming up "gated behind a grind" I really don't know what to tell you at this point. Maxing renown if you haven't played the game at all this expansion will not take long, much less the changes aren't meant for fresh new players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LDancer View Post
    It’s silly to fall into the trap of believing Blizzard devs intentionally push out a tanked product to make it appear they’re listening to us n repairing it post launch.

I think the fact of the matter is, the devs have for a long time lost touch with their player base. With minimal to no real competition to incentivise them polish a product to the point of drawing people into the game they’ve ended up pushing sub par stuff onto us.

I think the devs over the years have forgotten idea of making a game that makes us, the player, want to waste our time and play something fun, and have ended up delivering a product that just wastes our time.
    No, it's more like the player base has lost touch with reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)