Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Let's be real, most of the quitters and streamers will be back next expansion (hype)

Let's be real, most of the quitters and streamers will be back next expansion when all the hype comes in. That's why I can't take all these streamers serious (Asmongold, Preach, Bellullar, etc.) when they say they are most likely done with WoW. We all know when the next expansion cinematic comes and the hype is off the charts they will all come crawling back again. They cannot escape the WoW cycle.

This is not only streamers but majority of the quitters as well. I have seen this happen too many times to count.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Ofcourse people will check out 10.0. Doesn't mean they will stick around, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Asmongold, Preach, and Bellular have been upfront that WoW isn't pulling them anywhere near as many views as compared to a few years ago and that they have to diversify what they do if they want to keep streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Let's be real, most of the quitters and streamers will be back next expansion when all the hype comes in. That's why I can't take all these streamers serious (Asmongold, Preach, Bellullar, etc.) when they say they are most likely done with WoW. We all know when the next expansion cinematic comes and the hype is off the charts they will all come crawling back again. They cannot escape the WoW cycle.

This is not only streamers but majority of the quitters as well. I have seen this happen too many times to count.
    Considering theres 8 expansions I suppose this means you cannot count to 8.

Probably not. Why do you care so much? Do you need that amount of validation to actually enjoy the game?

Next expansion? Try a month or two.

Why does it matter what the streamers do? Why do you care if the come back if you're enjoying or not enjoying the game?
    Why make a thread about a hypothetical irrelevance?

The next expansion will sell, I'm sure most people know that but most people also lost faith and trust in Blizzard, so if they fail again in 10.0, bringing more borrowed power, more parasite systems that add nothing, and keeps focusing on daily chores to make people waste as most time as possible for "engagement sake", then I think 10.0 will have the sharpest decline in comparison to any previous expansion.

People lost their attachment to this game, even with 9.1.5 changes I really doubt many people will come back. WoW will keep losing subs as 9.1 gets old and FFXIV releases their new expansion, and New World and Lost Ark (West) gets released.

Blizzard's stubbornness is going to cost them dearly. The 9.1.5 changes came way too late.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-09-06 at 04:47 AM.

unless ion is fired and i see a fundamental change in design philosophy, i won't be back. the current design has been what we've had the last 5 years and every year it has been getting worse. and ion NEEDS to be fired for me at this point because it takes people in power ignoring their job to let such a horrid work culture to fester.

i'm sick of being used like a dirty rag and being ignored. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GO TO TWITTER TO FEEL LIKE MY FEEDBACK MIGHT BE HEARD! THEY HAVE A WEBSITE FOR A REASON!

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    unless ion is fired and i see a fundamental change in design philosophy, i won't be back. the current design has been what we've had the last 5 years and every year it has been getting worse. and ion NEEDS to be fired for me at this point because it takes people in power ignoring their job to let such a horrid work culture to fester.

i'm sick of being used like a dirty rag and being ignored. I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GO TO TWITTER TO FEEL LIKE MY FEEDBACK MIGHT BE HEARD! THEY HAVE A WEBSITE FOR A REASON!
    I think it would be a mistake to fire him. He is one of the most talented instance designers they have. He simply got promoted to high for his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin of Pride View Post
    I think it would be a mistake to fire him. He is one of the most talented instance designers they have. He simply got promoted to high for his ability.
    like i said, it takes people in power ignoring their job to let things like sexual harassment to fester as bad as it did. i used to only call for a demotion but i don't think he deserves that anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    like i said, it takes people in power ignoring their job to let things like sexual harassment to fester as bad as it did. i used to only call for a demotion but i don't think he deserves that anymore.
    Given the heads that have already rolled its safe to say if Ion had any culpability he’d already be gone.

It’s incredibly likely that ion is powerless when it comes to HR complaints even more so when it’s things are being done by OG’s from 2004.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Yeah can't wait to see Asmongold in my YouTube suggested videos (even though I asked YouTube to not show me this guy) when 10.0 comes and he will be scooping viewers with "oMg aSMonGoLd iS bACk??? Check his reaction to WoW 10.0 expansion!!! IS WoW saved?!?! Don't forget to like and subscribe!!!!" Kind of video.

I mean that's their job. This will 100% happen if they calculate they can get more viewers...

7+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this show just how dead wow really is.

People give too much importance to what others are doing.

You enjoy the game? Play it.

You don't? Stop playing it.

Something peaks your interest about the game later on? Check it out. Or don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Tbh, the games been better without the fake streamer hype. If you’re a “big” streamer and you quit the game in the last month: never fucking come back-and take your shitty ass community with you. I’ve had the best time and have found the best people to play with over the last month - this is what I always wanted. Stay gone if you’re gone: we never wanted you to begin with.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, that’s pretty obvious my friend. They will be here next patch if not next tier.

they'll all be back for the 9.2 raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post

No, my position is solid. SL is first and last xpack, since WOD, I buy (for gold of course) before x.2 patch.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No, my position is solid. SL is first and last xpack, since WOD, I buy (for gold of course) before x.2 patch.
    That's quite a good idea. The catchup mechanics and whatnot are usually decent by then, and systems and stuff tends to have been iterated on a few times.
    Hi

People will be back, sure. but people will also find it easier to quit early. Many have realized there are more games out there than just WoW. Also with the constantly crumbling level of social interaction - for better or worse - there is less holding people in the game. The true casuals may have realized they can just chat with a few peeps over whatsapp while playing a single player game for the next quarter that at least has an ineresting story.

- - - Updated - - -

By all accounts Ion had nothing to do with that.
    But I would like to state he also hasn't designed an instance in ages, as that is not what a game director does.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.