Poll: Should Shadowlands skip 9.3, to make 10.0 come out sooner?

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The production pipeline is far longer than people think.

At this point, abandoning 9.3 would save inconsequential amounts of time on a 10.0 release, and probably not increase its quality by a massive amount. You can't simply take the work that's already been done and convert it into work on something else; that's not how production functions.

They make tons of money with expansion launches where all the braindead consumers come back, even if there is another scandal or the lawsuit get's even uglier, it doesn't matter due to the masses being usually ignorant to this or simply not caring. (The existence and sucess of Fifa proves me right )

So why would they postpone the next money injection by giving us a 9.3? There is no way this happens, don't be silly.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-09-20 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Can they even skip 9.3?
    Do we know if they've ever even planned for there to be a 9.3?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do we know if they've ever even planned for there to be a 9.3?
    If they didn't plan for the story to end in 9.2, which I'm not sure since I haven't kept up with the game since unsubbing after launch and I have no clue if there is even any info on what will feature in 9.2, then there would have to be a 9.3 to finish Shadowlands proper with a final raid where Zovaal gets offed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalocy Jim View Post
    Nope.

Shadowlands might even go on to 9.4. Its a good expansion so far, and it looks like its only getting better.

Why would you want to pay $60-$120 for another box expansion anyway? Just get more free content during this expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this 100% ^
    Because cross faction play will likely not arrive until 10.0 and it is desperately needed to unify the playerbase and help ease guild die off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Because cross faction play will likely not arrive until 10.0 and it is desperately needed to unify the playerbase and help ease guild die off.
    You can also quote me, stamp this, keep it in memorialized in gold: WoW will never have cross faction grouping. IE where you can do dungeons and raids with members of the opposite faction.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because BfA WAS better than SL. BfA was trash but SL is an entire dumpster fire.
    How can people keep saying this? You can barely even compare BFA to SL at this point.

Raids
    BFA
    - Uldir.
    - Battle of Dazar'alor.
    - Crucible of Storms.
    - The Eternal Palace.
    - Ny'alotha, the Waking City.
    SL

- Castle Nathria
    - Sanctum of Domination

The content hasn't even been accessible for us to even make them comparable. Just everyone is rejecting it before it even gets a chance. Even though 9.2 we are supposedly not locked into a covenant system anymore. Class sets rewards from raiding etc. Pretty much all these things a lot of people been asking for. This is my understanding anyways... people are just asking for even more cuts. Which this expansion suffered from cuts to begin with. If it becomes a WoD then so be it... if the result is another Legion expansion. The reality is this might not happen tho and we might just keep getting less and less content because people don't realize what they are doing.

For the record too, I don't think Castle Nathria or Sanctum of Domination are going to go down as the worst raids in this franchise. I didn't hear much complaints about either raid. (A lot of things were great about each raid) The zones on the other hand is another topic.. Koritha comparable to other new zones from patches. I can understand complaints as it seems smaller.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-09-20 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    How can people keep saying this? You can barely even compare BFA to SL at this point.

Raids
    BFA
    - Uldir.
    - Battle of Dazar'alor.
    - Crucible of Storms.
    - The Eternal Palace.
    SL

- Castle Nathria
    - Sanctum of Domination

The content hasn't even been accessible for us to even make them comparable. Just everyone is rejecting it before it even gets a chance. Even though 9.2 we are supposedly not locked into a covenant system anymore. Class sets rewards from raiding etc. Pretty much all these things a lot of people been asking for. This is my understanding anyways... people are just asking for even more cuts. Which this expansion suffered from cuts to begin with. If it becomes a WoD then so be it... if the result is another Legion expansion. The reality is this might not happen tho and we might just keep getting less and less content because people don't realize what they are doing.
    It's pretty simple, <current thing> sucks massive donkey balls, and <previous thing> was obviously infinitely better and I ALWAYS said that, just ignore every message I sent while <previous thing> was current.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's pretty simple, <current thing> sucks massive donkey balls, and <previous thing> was obviously infinitely better and I ALWAYS said that, just ignore every message I sent while <previous thing> was current.

Ah yes, Warlords. The masterpiece.

Only slightly worse than Cataclysm, perhaps. That was the true masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post

Raids
    BFA
    - Uldir.
    - Battle of Dazar'alor.
    - Crucible of Storms.
    - The Eternal Palace.
    SL

- Castle Nathria
    - Sanctum of Domination

For the record too, I don't think Castle Nathria or Sanctum of Domination are going to go down as the worst raids in this franchise. I didn't hear much complaints about either raid. (A lot of things were great about each raid) The zones on the other hand is another topic.. Koritha comparable to other new zones from patches. I can understand complaints as it seems smaller.
    Because the content given to us has all sucked. At least BfA's content could be fun at times, even at launch. There hasn't been a single enjoyable activity in SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post

Except I don't recall people saying MoP sucked and that WoD was infinitely better but ok.

Can they even skip 9.3? It's not like they can drop the whole Zovaal story or finish it all in 9.2, can they? Seems like too much and I'm sure 9.2 is pretty planned out.
    Lol what story?

He’s at the place he wanted to go now.

We go there and fight him.

The events of it lead into the next expansion.

Game over.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-09-20 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Good to know. I assume your Source for this is the same tired quote from 3 months ago where one dev said there was no work done on WoW?

Yeah, thought so.

Just. Stop. Spreading. Fakenews.

YOU wanting this this to be true, does not constitute facts. If you hate the game so much, because "it's not casual" (with your definition being that friggin world mobs need to be nerfed because you refuse to learn your class) then just go play FF and leave this forum.
    And you're one of those optimistic guys, who still don't know about game development cycle and that patch can't be released immediately after it's announcement and should be tested for several months first? Do you understand, that 9.1.5, that is currently in development, doesn't even have release date? It's release date will be around Christmas/New year. Testing 9.2 will require 2-3 months. And next xpack should be released by the end of summer.

So, the biggest question, you should have answered before even posting this thread. Where do you want to fit 9.3 to?

P.S. And another thing. To all. Stop twisting term "casual" to suit your opinion. So called MMOish definition of "casual" is completely wrong. Here is "casual" category from Steam. Game like this are actually casual. And "casually" doing several M+ a week - has nothing to do with being casual.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-09-20 at 04:13 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    And you're one of those optimistic guys, who still don't know about game development cycle and that patch can't be released immediately after it's announcement and should be tested for several months first? Do you understand, that 9.1.5, that is currently in development, doesn't even have release date? It's release date will be around Christmas/New year. Testing 9.2 will require 2-3 months. And next xpack should be released by the end of summer.

So, the biggest question, you should have answered before even posting this thread. Where do you want to fit 9.3 to?

P.S. And another thing. To all. Stop twisting term "casual" to suit your opinion. So called MMOish definition of "casual" is completely wrong. Here is "casual" category from Steam. Game like this are actually casual. And "casually" doing several M+ a week - has nothing to do with being casual.
    You still didn’t give your source

no but they probably will, basically confirmed mal ganis+ jailer as bosses in 9.2 so expac done

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    no but they probably will, basically confirmed mal ganis+ jailer as bosses in 9.2 so expac done
    Do you have a source on that?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it matters should they skip 9.3, because they most likely will skip 9.3. These days Blizzard couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. It took them 8 months to ship 9.1. They're starting to make Warlords of Draenor look like a lean, mean, content-delivering machine.

Choice doesn't enter into the equation when you're as useless as these clowns.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    You still didn’t give your source
    And you're one of those guys, who still think, that "source or you're wrong" fallacy still works? No matter if I would waste my time on searching for obvious enough patch release schedules from previous xpacks or would ask you to do it yourself - it wouldn't make difference between being right or wrong.

It's simple logic. In order for less than a year to be able to fit two true (not selfie-cam) major patches and also pre-patch event, one of them should be released right now. And it's not even on PTR now. And 9.1.5, that is tested there right now, doesn't even have release date. So no. It's not possible. Guys, who think, that 9.3 is still possible - are usually the same guys, who hope for spring xpack release, when it's still not in even in Alpha state by New Year. Magic can't happen in this world, sorry.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-09-20 at 06:02 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And you're one of those guys, who still think, that "source or you're wrong" fallacy still works? No matter if I would waste my time on searching for obvious enough patch release schedules from previous xpacks or would ask you to do it yourself - it wouldn't make difference between being right or wrong.
    this is what you said:

For now skipping 9.3 is inevitable, because 9.2 isn't even in development.
    you made a claim that 9.2 isn't yet in development. someone called you out on that claim and asked for your source. you have yet to give a source for that. as for your constant jabs "and you're one of those guys who..." well you're one of those guys who make bullshit claims out of nowhere and then when asked for your source as to the claim just make further spurious comments about people wanting sources.

STOP MAKING SHIT UP

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this is what you said:

you made a claim that 9.2 isn't yet in development. someone called you out on that claim and asked for your source. you have yet to give a source for that. as for your constant jabs "and you're one of those guys who..." well you're one of those guys who make bullshit claims out of nowhere and then when asked for your source as to the claim just make further spurious comments about people wanting sources.

STOP MAKING SHIT UP
    "Isn't even in development" - means, that 9.1.5 is in development now and it's next in queue for release, so 9.2 won't be put on PTR before 9.1.5 release.

If you'd look at 9.1.5 changes, you would notice, that they most likely were planned for 9.2 (if not even 10.0 for some of them). So for now it would be more logical to ask not about skipping 9.3 - but about skipping 9.2 instead. Because 9.1.5 can actually be last patch of this xpack, as it's only way for Blizzard to release 10.0 in time and not delay it or release another unfinished xpack due to revealing concepts only on Blizzconline.

people still belive that nonsense about 9.2 existing ?

9.1.5 is likely the last patch of expasnion

if it wasnt they would have to make SL a 3 year exapansion and this simply wont happen .

that is much more likely is they will release 9.1.5 in november and then rush 10.0 to july/august release.

- - - Updated - - -

Can they even skip 9.3? It's not like they can drop the whole Zovaal story or finish it all in 9.2, can they? Seems like too much and I'm sure 9.2 is pretty planned out.
    ofc they can . zoval escaped ,sylvanas is defeated but got her soul back - elune shown elves that they are her playthings and somewhere on horizon is yrel with crusad of light ready to invide azeroth . and we are sitting there bored in SL

prepatch would make much more sense then additional tier.