Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Legacy of the Sith launches Feb. 15, 2022

Legacy of the Sith launched on February 15, 2022 featuring a new cinematic trailer!!

And a cinematic teaser at the end of the new trailer was just shown with Satele looking at something or someone.

Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2022-02-15 at 10:48 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Keten View Post
    My current questions about the expansion are:

Will there be a story skip?
    Will the next Galactic Season start at expansion launch as well?

As much as I enjoy the story in the game, repeating the same story does not hold a lot of appeal for me.
    Hmmm... i recall there being a skip to onslaught (or Ossus) if you boosted. I remember i got a bag with green armor set from it. Don't remember exactly how it works.
    Probably you just activate the onslaught quest and asks you if you want to skip. It gets unlocked once you hit X level, which the boost grants you.

I'm sure they said something about galactic season 2. I think it was supposed to start with legacy of the sith. If not, it will be early next year.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-11-30 at 07:51 AM.

might go DPS this time around. trailer is very promising

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, I may give it a look.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just found out that they are introducing the ability to have real time DPS meters with the expansion. That kills all interest I might have in group content, I play for fun and not efficiency and I'm not going to subject myself to the WoW-type of raging assholes that cannot tolerate even a 1% deviation from hypothetical perfection

I was planning on subbing for awhile, but now I think I'll wait it out and see how the strictly-solo systems feel.
    Not sure where you read this but I can't find anything.

There already is a way to get dps in game it's not as easy as a normal add-on.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I have never understood the aversion to DPS meters. It's annoying as hell playing a game where you can't figure out how well you are doing.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    I have never understood the aversion to DPS meters. It's annoying as hell playing a game where you can't figure out how well you are doing.
    You don't have to see how well others are doing to know how well you are doing. Easy enough to find out what your specs average dps should be at x gear lvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Time for my hunter to dust off the Beskar and get to work again.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The creators of the in-game DPS log parser you mention, Starparse, tweeted this in September: https://twitter.com/starparse/status...390613505?s=20

The implication and statement that real-time DPS meters for groups rather than individuals would be possible in-game. Basically the same sort to be found in WoW compared to the limited parser that's currently available in SWTOR.
    It's always been possible. It just wasn't great cause the combat log sucked. Bioware is only improving the combat log. Nothing else.

I guess I should say this in a better way.

Whatever was possible before is gonna be the same. The only thing going on is bioware is improving the combat log. They are not adding any support for add-ons
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-11-29 at 11:09 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize it had been over 2 years since their last expansion. Will check this out, though they aren't really advertising it enough....even on their own website it's like impossible to 'find information' because it doesn't really exist. Kinda weird for something launching in a week.
    BAD WOLF

Hmm the Launch is delayed until 15th of February 2022, which I guess is good given that some people who have tested it on the PTS have said that it is massively unfinished, I wonder if 2 months is even enough to have it in an acceptable state.

honestly, given how much i'm personaly NOT looking forward to some of the changes... i'm relieved. I'm not expecting that they will reverse those changes, but I'm hoping against hope that maybe, just maybe they will adjust some stuff? I guess we shall see in 2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Hmm the Launch is delayed until 15th of February 2022, which I guess is good given that some people who have tested it on the PTS have said that it is massively unfinished, I wonder if 2 months is even enough to have it in an acceptable state.
    Honestly, it isn't surprising given how much this expansion is changing how classes work. It is pretty much the expansion I feel they are putting the most actual work into and I am fairly certain the team is smaller than it was when Makeb (the first expansion) launched.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a bit relieved, really. There's just so much I'm already invested in this month with all the winter celebrations in MMOs, I was worried I wouldn't have the proper amount of time to apply to SWTOR. Plus, time to cook to perfection is always a good idea rather than hitting an arbitrary release date.
    I have been leveling 9 characters to max level with completed story to go with the 5 I have. I wanted to have them finished by the time the expansion launched.

I have finished 2 of them, and currently the rest have just made it to Onderon. So, if I spent my free time playing this week I would just make it.

(Note: While leveling, I only skip Makeb because I hate it and it doesn't really impact anything.)
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2021-12-08 at 02:28 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I'm happy they had the guts to pull the launch even 1 week before the date. If it's not done, it shouldn't be released. Yeah it sucks to wait, but I'd rather wait for a good product than be stuck with a broken one. Now I can level some other classes to max, maybe complete KotFE/KotET with different choices, and so on. There's enough to do for me, given how casually and on/off I play this game.

I guess it kinda sucks for the very invested players, but them's the breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    ngl The only character I have completely finished with the current story is my main BH I've had since launch. I do plan on completing the story on one pub toon as well, a Jedi I made last year that I plan to take DS and it's just getting started on Onderon. So this gives me plenty of time to complete that and have two characters to work with at the expansion.
    Bounty Hunter was the last class story I finished. I am not a huge fan of it.

My "Empire" main is an Agent (Quotes because he is doing the Saboteur story) and a Republic Loyalist Jedi Knight for Pub side.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably rate the BH story as 3rd best, after Agent and Warrior with Inquisitor being 4th. All the pub stories I'd rate below all the imp stories.
    I don't mind Knight just because it is standard Star Wars storyline. And Consular storyline is better DS than LS imo.

But, Empire has stronger stories than Pub.

Funnily enough Agent, which I think is the best story, was the last one done for the game.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Funnily enough Agent, which I think is the best story, was the last one done for the game.
    And I bet Jedi Knight was the first. It's got every trope ever made in it.

Bounty Hunter was the last class story I finished. I am not a huge fan of it.

My "Empire" main is an Agent (Quotes because he is doing the Saboteur story) and a Republic Loyalist Jedi Knight for Pub side.
    I'd probably rate the BH story as 3rd best, after Agent and Warrior with Inquisitor being 4th. All the pub stories I'd rate below all the imp stories.
    BH was my very first toon and is still my favorite story, with Warrior being a VERY close second, but I enjoy Warrior game play more. Favorite game play is Sage/Sorceror DPS, though.

BH is still my favorite story, partly because you get to punch an Alderaan noble, but also because it's just...I don't really know how to put it, but it just "fits" me. A lot of the stuff they do and say is stuff I would think I'd do or say myself if I was in that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    BH was my very first toon and is still my favorite story, with Warrior being a VERY close second, but I enjoy Warrior game play more. Favorite game play is Sage/Sorceror DPS, though.

BH is still my favorite story, partly because you get to punch an Alderaan noble, but also because it's just...I don't really know how to put it, but it just "fits" me. A lot of the stuff they do and say is stuff I would think I'd do or say myself if I was in that situation.
    I tend to judge the stories on whether there is a good balance between DS and LS and other choices.

I feel Agent is the best because you can play it so many ways and the story is still excellent. Bounty Hunter isn't bad, but I end up being like Din from the Mando.

Bounty Hunter is good that you can accept the adoption in to the Mando clan or not.

Warrior is just fun to stick it to Darth "I ate all the cookies" Baras.
    –The Sith Code

I tend to judge the stories on whether there is a good balance between DS and LS and other choices.

I feel Agent is the best because you can play it so many ways and the story is still excellent. Bounty Hunter isn't bad, but I end up being like Din from the Mando.

Bounty Hunter is good that you can accept the adoption in to the Mando clan or not.

Warrior is just fun to stick it to Darth "I ate all the cookies" Baras.
    Agree there. I feel Warrior, BH, Agent and Smuggler do the best at the DS/LS balance, but I just can't stand the Smuggler storyline after you get your ship back. All the classes feel FAR too goody two shoes or raging psychopath if you go pure LS or pure DS, but some just don't provide good options ever to where the only options you ever get, even the one off decision, are so polarizing it's insane.

Admittedly, one of the reasons I enjoy the Warrior story line so much IS Baras. His VA is amazing.