Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I mean, they even had the Vindicaar thematically connected to Turalyon, so Lordaeron getting blitzkrieg'd would've been a sound War of Thorns.
    The benefits of doing Lordaeron first are endless and no matter whether you'd have kept the rest of BFA the same or changed it to be an actual faction war expansion it'd have serviced the plot. It'd give the Alliance the actual initiative and a starting win, it'd make Sylvanas focusing on Kalimdor make more sense as she'd have already lost her place of power as well as give the Horde an extra reason to stick by her. On top of that, while Teldrassil is only remembered because of how it got cooked, Lordaeron is a core place of the franchise since WC2 and the Forsaken-Living conflict over it has been built up since Vanilla.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

this kind of change in the overworld has the most potential to me. Loved what they did to the plaguelands in Cata (aside from those boring gypsy worgen quests). I would love to see an alliance-occupied lordaeron in-game, but I'm 100% sure it's just not going to happen.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

I believe its neither really. As Western Plaguelands is mostly, Governed by the Argent Dawn/Crusade and Western Plaguelands is the same, with a large amount of Scourge still around

Though if your talking about The entire Upper Eastern Kingdoms then id Judge it as "Horde" since there is more Forsaken Bases then Alliance Ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Obviously blizz is never gonna delete a capital entirely
    Teldrassil.

Just like Cata trashed Stormwind and it wasn't updated until Legion (iirc), I wouldn't expect anything to be done with Teldrassil or Undercity any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The benefits of doing Lordaeron first are endless and no matter whether you'd have kept the rest of BFA the same or changed it to be an actual faction war expansion it'd have serviced the plot. It'd give the Alliance the actual initiative and a starting win, it'd make Sylvanas focusing on Kalimdor make more sense as she'd have already lost her place of power as well as give the Horde an extra reason to stick by her. On top of that, while Teldrassil is only remembered because of how it got cooked, Lordaeron is a core place of the franchise since WC2 and the Forsaken-Living conflict over it has been built up since Vanilla.
    I always sensed that underlying problem in any "Forsaken VS Alliance" conflict that it dosent feel like much of a "conflict" since humans (and rest of Alliance) position is just too weak. They are constantly subjected to all kinds of horrors from the Forsaken and yet we dont really see Forsaken being pushed to the brink or heavily beaten down to provide any "balance". So it just feels like humans dont even really want Lordaeron or anything other then Stormwind and just hold to a few remaining places they got while Forsaken smack them around and do all kinds of horrible things to them. So from the get go it dosent feel like humans would WANT to go to Lordaeron, weak ass as they appear.

For "forsaken-living" conflict you would actually need a strong and vital faction of the living, which would bash the Forsaken as hard as they do to the living, if not harder to create any believable idea of "reclamationist party".

Because atm no human faction has any desire or power to go to Lordaeron and fight there, it seems like an unassailable death zone basically. And yes, even with Undercity blighted.

Who will support it? Church of Light? Its basically gone at this point, diluted to the point of losing any incentive to be proactive. Zealous peasantry? Basically none left standing. Nobles? Why the fuck would they want to go to a losing battle , wasting their noble money and resources when they know its hopeless and there is no powerbase for them to support there? Stormwind Crown? Same problem as with the nobles.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Obviously blizz is never gonna delete a capital entirely so with the alliance win there who rules the place? Any resettling of human families there?
    i don't think anyone controls it currently. lordaeron was covered in a massive fog of fast acting plague and is still blanketing the landscape as far as we know. realistically, both sides could lay claim but neither can actually do anything without either waiting for the plague to clear or removing it, which would be rather costly.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Alliance swap Stormwind for Lordaeron as a capital.

Make Nordrassil the new Night Elf capital

Have the Forsaken take Stratholme or give them a new floating Necropolis

Maybe revamp Orgrimmar again because the Cataclysm update was a downgrade

5+ Year Old Account
    Tirisfal is apparently in Forsaken hands, but their grip must be necessarily tenuous, since the land was ravaged by the Alliance laying siege to the Undercity, on top of not being precisely the most welcoming place in Azeroth (for living beings, anyway). As for Lordaeron City proper, it is a toxic no-man's land, and it presumably will remain so until further notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Blizzard doesn't get it either. The status of Lordaeron hasn't been established in official lore. Everything else is speculation and fan fiction.

What we know is that the Alliance won both Arathi and Darkshore warfronts.
    The city was blighted, same as Gilneas. Theyre not Alliance or Horde territory -- they're no-man's land. Silverpine Forest still has a strong Forsaken presence, so does Tirisfal.

Alliance but Blizzard is too lazy to update that in-game. Their plan to make Kalimdor red and EK blue is all but forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Blizzard doesn't get it either. The status of Lordaeron hasn't been established in official lore. Everything else is speculation and fan fiction.

What we know is that the Alliance won both Arathi and Darkshore warfronts.
    I've read online that Lordaeron (or at least Tirisfal) belongs to the Forsaken and the Horde again, according to the Exploring Eastern Kingdoms book. But as I do not have a copy myself, I cannot confirm that. Does anyone here have a copy of that book? Does it mention the status of Tirisfal Glades?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The city was blighted, same as Gilneas. Theyre not Alliance or Horde territory -- they're no-man's land. Silverpine Forest still has a strong Forsaken presence, so does Tirisfal.
    Shame that same is never true for night elves and their territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Alliance but Blizzard is too lazy to update that in-game. Their plan to make Kalimdor red and EK blue is all but forgotten.
    Was a dumb plan from the get go, so its good that it didnt happened. Piling more losses on nelfs is just obscene at this point.

Pretty much all of northern EK (which also means Gilneas and Quel'Thalas) needs a huge update to reflect the current lore. We only really know the status of Arathi Highlands from the warfront where the new Horde base lies in ruins and Stromgarde is retaken by the Alliance. Brill and Undercity got sacked so its unclear how much the Forsaken still control of Tirisfal Glades. The Scarlet Crusade is also secretly on the rise while the Argent Crusade is also still active in the Plaguelands. So basically it could go all kind of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There are no Lordareonian aristocrats left alive. They're all either dead or Forsaken.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Weldon_Barov

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Shame that same is never true for night elves and their territory.
    It is, though? They won the Darkshore warfront and Ashenvale is once more in their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Pretty much all of northern EK (which also means Gilneas and Quel'Thalas) needs a huge update to reflect the current lore. We only really know the status of Arathi Highlands from the warfront where the new Horde base lies in ruins and Stromgarde is retaken by the Alliance. Brill and Undercity got sacked so its unclear how much the Forsaken still control of Tirisfal Glades. The Scarlet Crusade is also secretly on the rise while the Argent Crusade is also still active in the Plaguelands. So basically it could go all kind of ways.
    I yearn for a revamp of northern EK, it's easily the most interesting part of Azeroth besides Northrend. Considering all that's there imagine how it would look if it was designed in the 2020's.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I always assumed they just retreated their forces after the battle and that the forsaken re-established control.

Those forces were needed elsewhere, the cost to occupy a land still riddled with hostile forces is high and the land isn't exactly inhabitable either so it's not actually worth anything beyond the sentimental/historic value.

It is, though? They won the Darkshore warfront and Ashenvale is once more in their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

I yearn for a revamp of northern EK, it's easily the most interesting part of Azeroth besides Northrend. Considering all that's there imagine how it would look if it was designed in the 2020's.
    I thought Ashenvale was still horde held. Or at least, half horde held, and half charred ruins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I thought Ashenvale was still horde held. Or at least, half horde held, and half charred ruins.
    That's how it's depicted in-game, in its Cataclysm state. The night elves kicked the Horde out when Garrosh's reign ended, they did so now. I haven't read the Kalimdor book, but there was something about Rexxar and Zekhan being denied access to kaldorei lands despite being on a mission of cartography or something.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

While I'd also love to see everything revamped from Arathi upwards, it would be quite jarring to zone into e.g. a hypothetical 'modernised' Arathi from the 10+ years old Wetlands. Going back and forth between Org and Dazar'alor in BfA was bad enough
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.