Thread: Loot Scarcity

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    it wasnt vague. Gave specifics, started the raid tier at 200 ended with 207 after many many normal and heroic raid boss kills at least 8 per week. Ended with 207. Only way to get more specific is to give logs of gear that dropped.
    based on your numbers i dont believe you, raid loot does have blp. Link your char cause i want to see the number of kills you had on bosses last tier to make this claim. I've raided for a long time and do sales runs. I've never had some one in one of my runs go more then 10 bosses(unsaved to) in a row without loot. Not once has an unsaved funnel not traded something to a buyer... etc. You could be very unlucky and consistently get the same loot over and over again but across a tier you should see an AVERAGE of about 1 piece per 5 boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    So instead of accepting the truth about this non-issue, you are still going?
    I wonder who should eat that cookie, because you are just wasting forum space at this point.

At least I can actually provide correct information and data and not just "feels" that are ridden with half truths and bullshit, see your BFA comment for example. So now you got loot but it was bad luck and always the same pieces... how exactly is that different from BFA? Legion? WoD? Any expansion before?
    The situation got better, not worse, at least compared to the timeframe YOU are looking at.
    So let me explain what i mean by "back to normal". Before shadowlands a 15man raid like the one I run with would get minimum 5-6 Loot Items per boss every boss. Excluding mythic which I think is loot locked to the same number for every boss. Shadowlands reduced the loot drops significantly and CN was a nightmare. Players started to run TW dungeons because a 25man raid would get 8-10 drops per boss. Then blizz nerfed it to only give 3-4 pieces of loot "in line with current loot drops" was their statement, or to that effect.

The difference between now and the previous xpacs is more effort for less results. I have never done more content in previous xpacs as I have for this one and gotten severely less results. Legion I was a raid logger and BFA i was a raid logger hell about every xpac I was a raid logger and ended tiers with max heroic tier Ilvl. I even had an alt or two at max heroic ilvl in some tiers. Maybe you didnt play CN or you no life Warcraft, I certainly cant be bothered.

My question I guess for all the people who cant use context clues and everything has to be ultra specific can be rephrased. "Can I mostly raid log like I have done for 4 xpacs now and still end up with max heroic raid tier Ilvl?"

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    This is the major flaw most mmorpgs have: if there’s no gear progression, playing feels useless because the game(s) does not offer anything else but improving the gear.
    I'd say this is more a major flaws with players and their motivations for playing MMOs. The game DOES offer more, but most people want to be casuals (from a content difficulty perspective) instead of trying to push themselves to gitgud.

My biggest sense of accomplishment in wow always came from beating a new boss in a raid, getting a high percentile parse, or getting a high rank in arena. Gear was only a means to an end.

I dont buy runs. Never have and never will. My raid group is all casuals as I am. And i was the only plate wearer in it beside one tank who was in the same boat as me just about. 1 piece per 5 boss kills is TRASH btw. Is it still like that? It was atleast 1 per 3 pre shadowlands.

Op you won't get a real answer because most of these posters are embarrassed to admit that majority of them get free carried through +15's for easy funneled 230+ gear and free 252 gear in the vault come reset. I mean how else are they going to argue that you are "entitled" and want "free things now" if they are entitled and want free gear now..

Anyways, if you are only gearing through Raids then yes it is stupidly slow and done completely on purpose. 1. Blizzard has to stretch your sub time to match the 7.5+ months you're stuck in a tier, and 2. To get you to populate the struggling M+ and Pvp for the other 3/4 of the raid tier..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what made me angry the entire game. The first week I grinded mythics to 200 so I can raid normal and heroic. After an entire raid tier of downing bosses normal and heroic and doing mythics. My gear only moved up 7 item levels. If Im not getting loot the game isnt fun and im not playing. This is a change they need to totally revert back to normal. This is what will make me never play wow again. Not 33% back to normal, not 90% back to normal but 100% back to normal rates. The way they took away loot rates from Timewalking, almost made me quit. Doing the Ulduar was fun in a group again and the loot was a great incentive to run it on alts.

Anyone else feel this? Does anyone know if they plan to go back to the old loot system?
    old system was 100% worse for loot. I had gone for weeks without upgrades back in wrath.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Op you won't get a real answer because most of these posters are embarrassed to admit that majority of them get free carried through +15's for easy funneled 230+ gear and free 252 gear in the vault come reset. I mean how else are they going to argue that you are "entitled" and want "free things now" if they are entitled and want free gear now..

Anyways, if you are only gearing through Raids then yes it is stupidly slow and done completely on purpose. 1. Blizzard has to stretch your sub time to match the 7.5+ months you're stuck in a tier, and 2. To get you to populate the struggling M+ and Pvp for the other 3/4 of the raid tier..
    OMG TY SO MUCH! This is all i needed to fucking see. What you said makes perfect sense. Ill stick to FF14 until 9.2 hopefully they bring back the loot to 5-6+ pieces every boss kill again. Ill stick to FF14 for now. I love wow been playing since vanilla but its not worth this effort for lack of reward. Thanks again!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should make all loot purchasable for gold. How you get the gold is up to you.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

That’s exactly what I did and I’ve never been happier.

I can have my super powerful loot doing whatever I want whenever I want for the time I want and no one is complaining in forums because he/she has my same gear even if he/she does higher rifts than I do.

People in there have simply fun with the game without caring about what others are looting and how. Prestige comes with achievements, not with gear.
    Actually, me too. Problem with Diablo-like system in Wow - is that Blizzard still need to make you pay sub fee. They give you loot, but give it at predefined rate, that is pre-programmed via ton of overlapping RNG systems, that are intended to hide real truth - they have full control over your loot. I don't like to play this way. That's what I call "participation rewards". I.e. nothing depends on me.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

getting ur bis item doesnt feel good, just a relief rather than happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'd say this is more a major flaws with players and their motivations for playing MMOs. The game DOES offer more, but most people want to be casuals (from a content difficulty perspective) instead of trying to push themselves to gitgud.

My biggest sense of accomplishment in wow always came from beating a new boss in a raid, getting a high percentile parse, or getting a high rank in arena. Gear was only a means to an end.
    It does not offer more. Apart from transmogs (never been a fan) or Pokémon (never been a fan) everything is centered around getting gear.

It is fine of course, but the point is how you can obtain that gear and why you should care about how others get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what made me angry the entire game. The first week I grinded mythics to 200 so I can raid normal and heroic. After an entire raid tier of downing bosses normal and heroic and doing mythics. My gear only moved up 7 item levels.
    Gonna call bullshit riiiiight here.
    1: "The first week I grinded mythics to get to 200"
    If you mean before 9.1 then you could only get 184 from mythics
    If you meant after then you could get 210

2: "moved up 7 item levels"
    Well you were geared in normal CN gear, so I don't know why you were doing normal
    and doing heroic for "an entire raid tier" and not being full 213/220 means you're literally the single most unlucky person in the game, congratz.

and just as an anecdote: I started playing a character again 3 weeks ago, and it was 180. It's 243 now. With another 3 ilvls easily obtainable when I bother farming mythic dungeons for valor.
    Loot is fine, you're just not doing content

It does not offer more.
    It does offer more. More chances to beat the RNG = more power faster.

why you should care about how others get it.
    I should care about how others get it because it's a rat race of relative power. If the game is designed around players dumping 20 hours into WQs (not saying it is, but theoretically) but I only want to spend 1 hour doing WQs, my enjoyment is directly impacted.

I basically only accept two mindsets:

1) greater power comes from greater skill
    2) gear should be irrelevant to performance at the top level because if people don't want a level playing field they're garbage people IMO (this is honestly my preference).

Bring on the PVE stat templates.