Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Does anyone think that Blizzard can actually change the game so that people like it?

Don't get me wrong Blizzard is truly a fucking horrible company in so many ways BUT....

Say they remove borrowed power from the game and do all the stuff people say they want like removing grindier aspects and for example allowing pvp-ers to just pvp...

Won't people then say "there's nothing to do" or the "game isn't immersive" or some other bullshit. Or whatever some streamer says who got rich trashing the game he supposedly loves so much.

(not that Blizzard are likely to what people want anyway but that's a side issue)

Is there actually a universally agreed or mostly agreed pathway towards reforming the game?

I just get the impression that the dominant narrative at the moment is "whatever Blizzard do sucks" rather than any actual interest in improving the game.
    Last edited by blapdris; 2021-11-08 at 11:45 AM.

some people DO like the game, some people dont
    and that always was the case and always will be no matter what theyll do with it

so that all people like it? no, never. nobody will ever accomplish that with anything
    so that more people like it? probably. so that more people like it without causing those who already do like it to hate it? much trickier

and no, there is not a universally agreed path because people cannot universally agree on what the problem is or even if there are problems

I don't think, they can do anything at this moment. MMOs have always been based on several aspects, that have been making them profitable. Grind, long term goals, social interaction, etc. It's not profitable for MMO devs to attract players via making more content or better content. Because development costs would be higher and that would nullify their profits. And it would be easier and cheaper to abandon MMO and make solo/offline/mobile game, it they would need to make better content. So, their goal for now - is to milk as much money from remaining players, as they can.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

So the game is universally liked? Never
    So that the forums universally like it? Never
    So MMO Champion Universally likes it? Never
    So Most people like it....I assume since the game is still going and it's still a relative powerhouse of an MMO that most people who play it DO like it or at the very least apparently is playing it with a gun to their head.

Minimum effort for maximum profit. Whether the game is awesome or not is besides the point. It's a bonus if it's great, but if not, it doesn't matter to them if profits remain steady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You will never have a game 100% of people will like, So to say "Actually change the game so that people like it?" is abit absurd it self. Some people like how the game is right now, some dont

Can they? Maybe.

Will they? Absolutely fucking not.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Minimum effort for maximum profit. Whether the game is awesome or not is besides the point. It's a bonus if it's great, but if not, it doesn't matter to them if profits remain steady.
    I am talking about some alternate universe where Blizzard actually want to make the game the best it can possibly be. I didn't really make that clear sorry.

At this stage I am bored with the obvious assertion that Blizzard are useless, I'm just curious about whether the fanbase would actually be happy with anything or if it just likes being in an abusive relationship with a corporation.

(This sounds like weak/offensive humour, but I see comments all the time on wow forums where some guy talking about Blizzard sounds like he's literally been dumped by his girlfriend and can't get over it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So MMO Champion Universally likes it? Never
    Isn't MMO champion mostly pro-Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by blapdris View Post
    Isn't MMO champion mostly pro-Blizzard?
    You literally never read the forums have you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You literally never read the forums have you
    Lots of people who hate the game here indeed.

Though we have to keep in mind that people are more likely to express their opinion about something they find negative, rather than something they find positive.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I mean, if a game the size and absolute mass of content like WoW is "minimal effort" then I really don't know what to day. The amout of content is near enough staggering quite honestly. Not wanting to do it all is another thing, everything is not for everybody but really WoW has alot of content especially compared to many other games out there.

I just don't like whe poeple nitpick that there is little content in the way they percieve "content"
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

I really feel like WoW is just done at this point. Not financially, but in terms of Blizzard being able to transform it into something that would bring back many of those players who already quit. It's just fucking old, full of old out of date content that people have done a million times. Maybe if they stopped designing the new zones to be annoying as fuck to play in I'd feel like logging in. Basic shit like questing and getting from A to B feels tedious and obstructive. I don't want to put up with that.

And when you see the devs making the game now you wonder if it will ever be salvageable.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2021-11-08 at 03:32 PM. Reason: removed tweet so as not to drag thread off topic

I doubt it. If it can happen, it will take a very long time.

What I expect them to be able to do is make some good features, but they havent done that since...... I think legion?

If its right kind, I might even sub back to do it. Such as level new class or races.

As for really coming back to the game? Doubtful. I have already invested elsewhere. What before kept me in wow, being invested in it, now exists elsewhere. They would have to do something VERY significant and make it last long term and the games I'm invested into right now need to do badly long term for me to make the switch over.

I don't think so mostly because the fanbase covers so much ground that you can't please everyone.

They shouldnt remove it as , as you said there woukdnt be much content to do. And i say this as a pure pvp player, who got exist with only arena.
    But I liked Shadowlands concept as I liked bfa and legions borrowed powers. They gave you something to do and made every content worthwhile, allowing you to find fun in places you wouldnt usually visit. Like finding a fun world quest or experience dungeons you else wouldnt visit.

The problem comes when this borrowed powers interfer in the main gameplay. For example corruptions were so broken in pvp, but me and my buddy while doing raids/ visions and wq never got the good ones, started to fall to a growing disadventage.

Same happend with SL, covenants are fun and all, but when warrior start to do 90% of their dmg with the covenant while your is worthless you lose the fun of grinding it. ( even though in SL gear difference was the biggest offender for ruining pvp)

overall what I meant to say, removing borrowed powers is ‚‘ you think you do, but you dont moment´´ rather they need to make them like in legion , a smooth side thing to progress your character without it becoming your characters progression if that makes sense.

As an entity, they could turn it around, they need to fire or shuffle the majority of their devs, but if they really wanted to, they could make a good game again. They won't though, too many people shovel money into their coffers to actually change the game.
    My only hopes now are they make enough small changes that spending time in game isn't a freaking nightmare like it is now.

Don't get me wrong Blizzard is truly a fucking horrible company in so many ways BUT....

Say they remove borrowed power from the game and do all the stuff people say they want like removing grindier aspects and for example allowing pvp-ers to just pvp...

Won't people then say "there's nothing to do" or the "game isn't immersive" or some other bullshit. Or whatever some streamer says who got rich trashing the game he supposedly loves so much.

(not that Blizzard are likely to what people want anyway but that's a side issue)

Is there actually a universally agreed or mostly agreed pathway towards reforming the game?

I just get the impression that the dominant narrative at the moment is "whatever Blizzard do sucks" rather than any actual interest in improving the game.
    First off, Blizzard should remove borrowed power. Especially the kind of borrowed power that requires you to log in everyday doing the same mundane tasks so you can stay relevant. its highly frustrating when the game was tailored around that. If you were gone for a a week or two for whatever reason, you felt bad or didnt even bother cause you were behind. It should more or less be enough having to gear up.

In this vein, Blizzard should focus on content, class & gameplay of highest standard. Something that is fun and engaging. Gameplay that doesnt force you to log in everyday, but when you do its fun.

Its 2021, people dont want to commit to one game. heck, not even one MMORPG. Let the gameplay speak for itself, dont force grindy systems upon us.

They could absolutely make the game good again if they fired the dinosaurs who are currently holding the game back with their decisions. They won’t though because they have just enough hopelessly addicted zombies who are willing to give them money regardless of the quality of what Blizzard puts out every 2 years. So even if their subs keep declining, WoW can remain profitable because the zombies will make up for lost subs by buying more mounts, tokens, boosts, realm transfers, etc.

snip
    I can't say for anyone else, but i like it, and am very excited to hear about 9.2.